Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree397Likes

Thread: Starting up the 24 hour countdown clock

Lol, luvdabags! Great minds think alike... and at the same time... but you beat me!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Ah... Night Flight Travel Duffle, perhaps?

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry + Tom Bihn = a brilliant combination.

I'm a new convert to the Tom Bihn world, but as a lifelong lover of all things bags, I have fallen down the Bihn rabbit hole, with no plans on finding my way out. So glad that there are so many people out there as obsessed with the bags they carry — and the way they organize their gear (and their lives!) — as I am.

Well, welcome to the Forums and to our TB Family! I guess this is a rabbit hole, now that you mention it, but a good one to be in! I've learned so much since I fell in and I am definitely more organized!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Night flight tote daylight... ok I'm rhyming, clear sign I need to sign off. Between World Cup and the TB forum, I have been a waste of life today!

*Really* signing off now. 0=)

it is well organized and lined with dyneema!

The hint is the Bag in the background. The book is for inspiration. Just my guess.

Edit: stupid handy made inspection out of inspiration...
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 06-30-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    Well, welcome to the Forums and to our TB Family. I guess this is sort of a rabbit hole, now that you mention it, but a good one to be in!
    Thanks, @gochicken!
    eWalker likes this.

Time to check http://1bag1world.com

ETA: Sorry, misread Frank's post!
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-30-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 15 days to go!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    OOOOoooo, NFTD ..... Night Flight Something Something???

I think I'll still go with Travel Duffel for the TD :P
    Agree. Think this is a travel duffel. And is that the bag in the back of the picture? Guessing this can be used as an overnight travel duffel (and not necessarily just for pilots flying South American mail routes in the early 20th century.)

Or maybe Northern Flyer Travel Duffel. This was mentioned earlier, and seems like a very likely possibility. Especially if designs for possible Eastern and Southern versions are in the works as well... This feels like Christmas, shaking each present to guess what's inside and peeling back just the teeniest corner of wrapping paper to see if any telling detail can be revealed.

Frank ?! Please!!
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 15 days to go!!

I think Frank II ment within 30 minutes AFTER Darcy has lifted the curtains.
    ldave1 and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I think Frank II ment within 30 minutes AFTER Darcy has lifted the curtains.
    Just realized that!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Or maybe Northern Flyer Travel Duffel. This was mentioned earlier, and seems like a very likely possibility. Especially if designs for possible Eastern and Southern versions are in the works as well... .
    I thought (but never asked) that the name "Western Flyer" might have come from the name of the aviation publication, which would make sense given both the regional locale and the flying connections through Tom's father. Here's a description pulled from the web:

‘Western Flyer’ is a widely distributed and respected newspaper aimed primarily at general aviation. It started life as the regional magazine ‘Northwest Flyer’, based in Tacoma, Washington. In 1970 it was brought by Dave Sclair and by 1972 had expanded its coverage to 11 western states and re-named it the ‘Western Flyer’. Later, he added regional coverage for Alaskan pilots
    I couldn't think of any "Northern Flyer" references when @ceepee made her suggestion. "Night Flight" would work -- but I read the book in French, and so I think of this title as "Vol de Nuit". Still, "Night Flight" saves confusion with the name chosen by Guerlain for their perfume.

A travel duffel - I may be in trouble here! As far as naming goes, in molecular biology we have Northern, Southern, and Western blots...
    eWalker likes this.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0