Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Perspectives on Size...

Amy

All the stuff that fits in my synapse 19! Clothes, computer, running stuff, and all gadgets, necessities and luxury items for a 3 day trip. I will use the side effect (not pictured) cross body for my purse.

Here it is packed. A little bulgy but comfortable enough.
    Last edited by Amy; 06-19-2014 at 04:36 PM.

TARDIS = Time and relative dimension in space. The Doctor (for the eleventy hundredth time) . . . "Yes, it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside."

Amy, your packing prowess is amazing! I think of myself as pretty good at packing compactly--once I went to the Rick Steves free seminars on packing light and laughed at how space and weight-wasteful his packing expert was. But I cheerfully concede, you have me beat, no contest!

You've almost convinced me to buy a Synapse 19 for short trips. (But the new strap placement almost certainly wouldn't work for me--I'm 5 feet nothing, and straps generally slip off my shoulders.) So I will admire from afar...
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Amy
    Flitcraft, maybe you should try getting an older synapse with the narrower strap placement. These are quite wide, but i like them now, although i would probably be happier with them an inch closer together.

I am loving this bag and will find it really hard to go to anything bigger or heavier after using this for the past few weeks. When coupled with the side effect as a cross-body purse, i felt i had everything i needed easily accessible, easily carried hands free. Loved it!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Practice packing is great with Bihn gear! Since it is all modular, you can shift around depending on the trip you are taking to great effect. Between the WF, Brain cell and cube backpack:

Use the backpack straps on the WF, and put the absolute strap on the brain cell, free up more space in the WF for other accessories. You can get both to fit under seat if you are clever, and makes it easier to get to your lappy on the plane.

Wear the packing cube backpack stuffed with clothes, allowing the Brain Cell to fit in the WF with everything else on the Absolute strap. This is great if you have a 3-year-old who can't see out the taller windows of an A320 without a cushion to sit on, packing cube to the rescue!

For a short work trip, I can get all the clothes and personal items stuffed into the packing cube backpack in one WF pocket, while the Brain Cell and Freudian Slip fit into the other. Then I can leave the cube in the car or hotel and go straight to a meeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0