Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Caveat emptor

I just looked at the listing - 'Return Policy: No Returns Accepted'.

Sigh.

Well I suppose at least the question and its (weasel worded) answer are public!
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I just looked at the listing - 'Return Policy: No Returns Accepted'.

Sigh.

Well I suppose at least the question and its (weasel worded) answer are public!

For better or worse, eBay is set up in such a way as to afford the maximum protection to buyers. It doesn't matter at all what the return policy is for a seller, if the buyer receives something that they feel was not described properly, it is as easy as opening a case against the seller and requesting a full refund. If the seller refused to accept the return, the case is escalated to eBay customer service, and the buyer is awarded the original price plus shipping.

Even to the point of the buyer being able to be dishonest able it (e.g., claim that a product was 'not as described' or that they didn't receive the product) eBay protects the buyer.

I notice that "someone" asked the seller the question of whether or not there were any cracks in the cork, which prompted the seller to indicate that there might be but he/she wasn't quite sure this wasn't normal, but was checking into it but couldn't find any photos on line of the product.......
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

ebay listing was ended by seller (temporarily?) due to "error in listing":

Tom Bihn Messenger Bag w Absolute Strap | eBay

Thanks for spotting this, guys - I've turned off my eBay alerts because I have most of the bags I want, for now. And kudos to whoever asked the question - I bet he's spooked now, knowing that word of the bag's condition has got out amongst the Bihnion community

Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    For better or worse, eBay is set up in such a way as to afford the maximum protection to buyers. It doesn't matter at all what the return policy is for a seller, if the buyer receives something that they feel was not described properly, it is as easy as opening a case against the seller and requesting a full refund.
    Exactly. The original posting also said no returns, but once I raised an issue with eBay and asked for a refund, he had no choice but to accept a return. Or rather, he had to refund me anyway, so it was in his interests to take the bag back. I almost wish I hadn't, since he's evidently trying to resell it.

If it were mine, a bag in that kind of condition would go to a charity shop where someone might be willing to pay a few quid for it and consider it a bargain. eBay material it is not!
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

FWIW, I went back and checked the original transaction, and gave negative feedback* - hopefully it will reduce the seller's ill-deserved 100% score!

* I was honest and gave him decent scores for communication and shipping cost - I'm not malicious
    taminca likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    FWIW, I went back and checked the original transaction, and gave negative feedback* - hopefully it will reduce the seller's ill-deserved 100% score!

* I was honest and gave him decent scores for communication and shipping cost - I'm not malicious
    Thanks for doing this, @scribe. As an eBay buyer I really pay attention to the feedback.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks for doing this, @scribe. As an eBay buyer I really pay attention to the feedback.
    I don't think I've ever had to leave negative feedback before, which is why the whole incident was so upsetting. I expect minor damage/missing parts when I buy a kid's vintage Playmobil* castle, but not when I buy a messenger bag that was owned by an adult forum member!

* Another of my collecting fetishes - my parents couldn't afford big expensive play sets when I was a kid, so I'm compensating in my midlife crisis
    Collections:

Playmobil is the best. So glad I have grandchildren!
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

It's now re-listed with a clear description of the damage, starting bid 99 cents
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    It's now re-listed with a clear description of the damage, starting bid 99 cents
    Now that's something I can get behind. Who knows, maybe someone out there would be happy to buy it as-is, in which case it's a win-win for all. But to think it took all this hue and cry for the seller to come up with (what I think is) an appropriate listing! Geeeeez.
    eWalker and jess like this.

I'm going to watch the auction and if I can get it for under twenty dollars I think I'm going to jump on it. I think it may make a good test subject to see what conditoners/sealers etc I can put on my in-pretty-good-condition cork bag. This way I won't risk damaging my Imago.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I'm going to watch the auction and if I can get it for under twenty dollars I think I'm going to jump on it. I think it may make a good test subject to see what conditoners/sealers etc I can put on my in-pretty-good-condition cork bag. This way I won't risk damaging my Imago.
    Good luck! I think you have a pretty good shot at it. I think it's a particularly handsome bag, damage notwithstanding. The doodle on the flap adds character.
    eWalker and jess like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0