Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Auronaut and Easyjet

I find also that if you are early to check in they often let you bring in a slightly bigger carry on. They get more strict the later you check in..but thats must my personal experience. Sometimes you really wonder how some people go through though..I once saw an old lady with a HUGE and superheavy "carry on" a suitcase on wheels that needed 2 blokes to heave it in the overhead compartment and I thought..."Heck, how did she get through with a monster like that?"

Vivelly, I did NOT backpack on a bike with the Aeronaut It would have killed me. I biked 70+ km the first day (I have only done 20 km before), and almost died. Tuscany is gorgeous though and the food and wine was phenomenal. The good news was that there was a bus that took all our stuff from place to place the first week. Thank GOODNESS! I sometimes used the Aeronaut backpack though as it allowed me to put sandals in the bottom section, which I switched out with the heavy biking shoes at lunch or when we wanted to nip into a Cathedral or a shop. This PCBP was really useful for the first leg. The medium cafe bag was great for the second half of the trip.
    vivelly likes this.

haha...thats great with the bus, that makes things easier. And you could fully indulge in the gorgous food and wine knowing that you worked it off with the bike ride. I would love to do something like that.

I can also confirm that EasyJet is very strict with the "one carry-on per passenger" rule. There are no weight limits for carry-on, but they may check the size using the sizing frame. You will have to check the Aeronaut when flying with them. If the checked bag will be heavier than their allowable limit, it's cheaper to pay for the next weight tier at the time of booking, rather than at the gate.

You are making me very jealous, Anya!! I am a cyclist too. I am riding STP in a day on July but if I could choose any destination to enjoy (as opposed to suffer, which has it's own attractions) it would be Tuscany. I absolutely dream of that, albeit without an Aeronaut on my back. Alas, my wife is not a cyclist so I will have to forego that delight. A small price to pay for what will be a wonderful trip, but that doesn't stop me being envious of your trip

Quote Originally Posted by markwill View Post
    By the way, my wife and I agreed that I am the "tester" for Tom Bihn bags. She wants to see how I get along with it (in shorter trips, not necessarily on planes). She is increasingly interested in the idea of travelling without checking in, which is a pleasant surprise. The challenge is that she thinks an Aeronaut is possibly too big for her, but she will probably need to take more stuff than me.
    If your wife's interested in travelling carry-on only, we have lots of threads here discussing how to travel light - and we ladies have even started one on capsule wardrobes, i.e. how to look good with a minimal selection of clothes. I'm in the process of practice-packing for a 6-day business/leisure trip to the US with only a tiny rollaboard and a Pilot!

I'm taking the ancient rollaboard in case I get carried away with shopping and need to check a bag on the return flight - otherwise I would use my Western Flyer, which is about the same size (i.e. about 60% of the volume of an Aeronaut). TB bags are remarkably capacious, especially if you pack them carefully. Check out some of the videos!
    Last edited by scribe; 05-27-2014 at 10:31 PM.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0