Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree579Likes

Thread: Update on Backorders

@Darcy....and I was doing so well...no orders so far THIS MONTH...waiting to see what will be new and exciting. But, no, you just had to restock that steel/olive Cafe Bag. In a few days one will be mine!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    @Darcy....and I was doing so well...no orders so far THIS MONTH...waiting to see what will be new and exciting. But, no, you just had to restock that steel/olive Cafe Bag. In a few days one will be mine!
    Yes, I am waiting for the new announcements as well. But I'm doing everything I can to resist ordering a Small Cafe Bag in Burnt Orange / Navy and French Blue / Navy!
    -m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Yes, I am waiting for the new announcements as well. But I'm doing everything I can to resist ordering a Small Cafe Bag in Burnt Orange / Navy and French Blue / Navy!
    You'll feel better if you give up. Resistence is futile.

You'll feel better if you give up. Resistence is futile.
    Wait - is the SCB in burnt orange a reappearance or a new thing? Oh if only it came with Cordura lining!!
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Wait - is the SCB in burnt orange a reappearance or a new thing? Oh if only it came with Cordura lining!!
    I believe it has a navy 500d Cordura lining...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I believe it has a navy 500d Cordura lining...
    My Kelly/Navy SCB and Storm/Navy MCB have navy parapack linings (same fabric as my navy Snakecharmer)... so I think it's going to be PP lining, not cordura :< It's not so bad! PP has a very pretty jewel-like sheen to it and is nice and smooth to the touch.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    My Kelly/Navy SCB and Storm/Navy MCB have navy parapack linings (same fabric as my navy Snakecharmer)... so I think it's going to be PP lining, not cordura :< It's not so bad! PP has a very pretty jewel-like sheen to it and is nice and smooth to the touch.
    indeed, the navy parapack fabric is lovely, and makes the bag even more appealing to me! sorry, I must have misread the description thinking the interior fabric was 500d Cordura.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -m

I know Parapack is lighter, and the sheen can be appealing...but for me, the tactile side of all-Cordura wins out. Plus the inner cordura is a different denier and looks and feels different. Fingers crossed for more cafe bags in burnt orange and with Cordura (or maybe even Dyneema!) interiors. 'Cause, you know...it's all about me.

Ahhhhh..... Kelly green is not even one of my wardrobe staples, but that SCB is so lovely!!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Ahhhhh..... Kelly green is not even one of my wardrobe staples, but that SCB is so lovely!!
    Not to enable or anything, but you could always wear a neutral/dark top with jeans and add a bright SCB for a pop of colour! That's pretty much how I wear all my brighter-coloured S/MCBs. Love them bright colours.

A coordinated scarf, a cardi and you're good to go...
    haraya and eWalker like this.

Ohhhh, if only! But I'm already the happy owner of a Black Dyneema/Solar SCB (just arrived), and I'm bracing for the arrival of my rather significant back order. I think DH will have a cow. (It's not that he says no, we don't do that to each other, but he gets taken aback sometimes by my serial gear obsessions. ;P)

A coordinated scarf, a cardi and you're good to go...

I think DH will have a cow. (It's not that he says no, we don't do that to each other, but he gets taken aback sometimes by my serial gear obsessions. ;P)
    Same here - maybe we should open a section in this forum for spouses where they can talk about the bag-fever-possesed loved ones in their lives? Topics would go: when do I start to worry? or How to build a closet for her/him so that I do not constantly have to walk over and through all this bags? or Help: I am starting to crave a Tom Bihn Bag too!

Hahaha!! I don't know, we might go bankrupt if we had two Bihnions in the family!! DD

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Same here - maybe we should open a section in this forum for spouses where they can talk about the bag-fever-possessed loved ones in their lives? Topics would go: when do I start to worry? or How to build a closet for her/him so that I do not constantly have to walk over and through all this bags? or Help: I am starting to crave a Tom Bihn Bag too!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    In stock as of today (but probably not for long)…

Tri-Star in Black/Steel, Aubergine/Wasabi, Navy/Iberian, and Forest/Ultraviolet

Side Effect in Black Dyneema/Wasabi
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0