Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree579Likes

Thread: Update on Backorders

I support your decision and agree that maintaining quality and the TB vision is worth it.

Might feed the flames but some companies like Boden indicate with color coding if certain products are low in stock. Just a thought.

What a wonderful problem for the TB Crew!

I'm wondering, will already-placed backorders be filled? I ordered a aubergine/wasabi SA on backorder until June or July a month ago. I'm wondering if that order will be honored or if I'll need to follow the new procedures?

I support the decision since we have expected quality products from Tom Bihn as well as excellent customer service. I hope that you'll be able to resolve it soon. I'm glad that I stocked up on most of the products I want but realistically there is a never ending list of products we want/need .

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    The more orders than can be kept up with, as well as continuing to keep quality high parts, make me feel happy for TB.
    The no backorders, wait on a list part makes me feel sad for when I get a hankering to order and MY thing is out of stock.
    I hope things resolve soon with more help for the more business so it feels like normal on my end.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post

I'm wondering, will already-placed backorders be filled? I ordered a aubergine/wasabi SA on backorder until June or July a month ago. I'm wondering if that order will be honored or if I'll need to follow the new procedures?
    Till now, when this happened they contacted to ask how to deal with such a problem. BUT we all can see how much there is going on. So just be proactive and contact them. Send a mail and ask if your SA is still in the making. They WILL answer and you have it out of your head.

Ilkyway

On a personal note: I would so much like to ask for the job as a Bag Expert. Sadly I live a tat too far away for that. Well I cant have everything, can I? (Not that I say I would get the job, there are so many Bag Experts that I imagine the competition to be fierce.)

Ilkyway

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post

All existing backorders will be honored. If any backorders will be delayed -- and there's no indication right now they will be -- we'll contact everyone individually to let them know.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I can sew....

anyone have a spare room for rent?

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Maybe with all of these changes, there will be time to sew the Flocculent Swifts! I'm sure there is huge demand for them.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Hey Darcy,

When additional capacity is added and the backorder embargo is lifted, do you think there will be Navy/UV Aeronauts?

I figured here would be a good place for my weekly plug for that color combo. :-)

Love,
    Janine
    Last edited by Janine; 05-25-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I am delighted that Tom Bihn has decided to stick with the quality over quantity motto! Well done, I think everyone is this community would be happy to wait!

(although I have to say I am just a tad smug I have already placed my order for the most pressing items, though they aren't on the backorder list!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    On a personal note: I would so much like to ask for the job as a Bag Expert. Sadly I live a tat too far away for that. Well I cant have everything, can I? (Not that I say I would get the job, there are so many Bag Experts that I imagine the competition to be fierce.)

Ilkyway
    @llkyway
    With your enthusiasm for TB bags, if you got the job, I think you'll create another mountain of back orders for the crew to fill
    Same for so many other fellow Bihnions here lol

When you make an order that contains a back ordered item, and mark the order as "ship when complete" does TB save the current in stock items for you? (She asked hopefully)

You don't have to wait for everything in the order to be available at the same time, do you? (She asked faintly)

I tried googling this but couldn't find it.

I see that the Smart Alec and Pilot have already sold out in all colours! So glad now that I caved and ordered both before this situation was announced.

Sensible policy, though, to focus on the most popular travel bags over the summer - and of course the much-lauded S25, which must be flying off the shelves these days!
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    When you make an order that contains a back ordered item, and mark the order as "ship when complete" does TB save the current in stock items for you? (She asked hopefully)
    AFAIK they set your in-stock items aside (whether physically or just in inventory, I don't know) and then ship the lot as soon as the last backordered item is available. If they didn't, it would make order fulfilment far more complicated!
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0