Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree579Likes

Thread: Update on Backorders

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I saw that auction last night and may have sort of bid on it…maybe. Shhhh don't tell hubby Your comments about size etc definitely make me feel better about this crazy impulse bid. Thanks!
    Take a look at my post in @backpack's thread asking about Ristretto sizes compared to Cafe Bags? for more details. Also, for comments and pictures on the (current model) Ristretto for iPad, look at some of @Melissa's posts on Personal item? and in the iPad Mini + Fuji x100 = Which bag? thread. (Note that Melissa likes the Black + Iberian combination).

HTH. moriond
    jess likes this.

Check out my thread here: My new Medium Cafe Bag arrived!

There are pictures comparing the SCB, MCB, and the iPad Ristretto. And yes, that very Aubergine Ristretto is the one listed on eBay right now.
    jess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    What about an Aubergine S19?
    Synapses aren't made of Ballistic; they come in Cordura, Dyneema, and Parapack. There were UV 200D Dyneema Synapses about three (?) or so years ago, but currently, only 400D is being used for bag exteriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine and eWalker like this.

But they COULD make them out of ballistic. and that's what pet owners need. memo to darcy: please?
    jess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Synapses aren't made of Ballistic; they come in Cordura, Dyneema, and Parapack. There were UV 200D Dyneema Synapses about three (?) or so years ago, but currently, only 400D is being used for bag exteriors.
    I wish I'd gotten one of the Ultraviolet ones! *fingers crossed* that there is another run sometime soon!
    Ilkyway likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

But they COULD make them out of ballistic. and that's what pet owners need. memo to darcy: please?
    I am actually not sure if that's true. The Synapse has been around for a long time and if a Ballistic version were viable, I'm sure it would be in production. I have two Dyneema synapses and they're great at repelling pet hair; they do a better job, in fact, than any of my Ballistic bags. Ymmv of course, but I've been very happy with the way Dyneema has performed as an exterior fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine and Rocks like this.

I'm not sure how well this would go. The ballistic nylon is less flexible than the other fabrics, and I think maybe the shape of all the pieces of the Synapse would result in a stiff bag that bulges weirdly.

From a pet hair perspective, have you considered Dyneema or Parapack? Both of those are comparable in pet-hair resistance to ballistic.

I am holding a steel parapack s19 hostage at the moment. waiting for a MCB in nordic/solar to arrive to make the decision. I did not like the look of parapack. maybe others do?

I personally love the "look" of the parapack material,
    It's very clean and sleek.
    Out of all available materials I feel it the most dressy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    I agree, specially the steel parapack with coyote accents!

If there was a Synapse in steel parapack I would be in deeeeeeep trouble!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-03-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    RhoFro likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

got one for swap right now. solar inside. S19

Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    I'm not sure how well this would go. The ballistic nylon is less flexible than the other fabrics, and I think maybe the shape of all the pieces of the Synapse would result in a stiff bag that bulges weirdly.
    Yup, exactly. The seams on the Synapse are curved and provide shape and structure, and a certain amount of bend is necessary in the exterior and interior fabrics in order to make it all work. A Ballistic S19 would probably be rigid and unhappy.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Especially the Navy! Parapack is beautiful and lustrous and doesn't look like an outdoor fabric at all.

I don't think ballistic would work well on a bag that has so many curves and seams. It's stiffer than the other fabrics.

Dyneema is great for pet hair, and I believe parapack is also. I have a white dog and cordura is the only fabric I've had a pet-hair problem with, and not even on all colors. For example, black cordura does not mix well with my white dog, but I never see anything on the storm cordura bag I have.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic Cocoa d-Black/Solar d-Nordic/Solar
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa d-Nordic/Solar d-Black/Solar

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

I am holding a steel parapack s19 hostage at the moment. waiting for a MCB in nordic/solar to arrive to make the decision. I did not like the look of parapack. maybe others do?
    ooooo,,in case you dont like the MCB in nordic/solar..could you please let me know??? ;-)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0