Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree579Likes

Thread: Update on Backorders

so if the SE aubergine is back, how long for bigger items?
    jess likes this.

Did the Cafe Bags ever come in Aubergine? That is the number one item (after an imago) on my wish list right now, a MCB or LCB in Aubergine/Steel. Or Aubergine anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Did the Cafe Bags ever come in Aubergine? That is the number one item (after an imago) on my wish list right now, a MCB or LCB in Aubergine/Steel. Or Aubergine anything really.
    Oh yes, please! Cafe Bags in all three sizes in Aubergine - With Steel or Ulraviolet would be on my wishlist list!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

SO agreed. I don't know why they relentlessly pair aubergine with wasabi. Reminds me of the Joker from Batman, it's so garish.
    jess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Aubergine Pilot is a must. Aubergine Co-Pilot would be nice too. Though if you bring out an aubergine WF with backpack straps, you will make my black WF very nervous of its place in my life

(Forest is a very close second choice on all of those, tbh.)
    Another vote for Aubergine Pilot and Co-Pilot --preferably with Steel or Ultraviolet. I would also vote for Forest as a very close second choice!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

The Cafe Bags are made of Cordura. There is Plum Cordura!

Yummy Aubergine Ballistic is the fabric that is used in Ristrettis as in Ristretto for iPads.

The Ristretto is like a Cafe Bag with a Padded Pouch build in and interchangeable, because it is clipped, rather than built in, strap.

Gorgeous and soooo practical!

Big enthusiast, supporter, fan... of Aubergine with Steel and UV!
    Last edited by backpack; 07-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    jess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The Cafe Bags are made of Cordura. There is Plum Cordura!

Yummy Aubergine Ballistic is the fabric that is used in Ristrettis as in Ristretto for iPads.

The Ristretto is like a Cafe Bag with a Padded Pouch build in and interchangeable, because it is clipped, rather than built in, strap.

Gorgeous and soooo practical!

Big enthusiast, supporter, fan... of Aubergine with Steel and UV!
    Thank you for explaining this. I'm pretty new around here and am constantly getting my fabrics mixed up--especially since there seems to be quite a few colors that come in multiple fabrics. I have a few pouches in plum and ordered a DLBP in plum. I just really want a messenger style bag in aubergine. I'll take a look at the Ristretto but it doesn't sound like it would really work for me as an EDC. I need something that is more purse-like. I guess I'll just have to keep hoping that one day I'll be in the right place at the right time to pick up an Imago. Or that maybe they'll come out with aubergine parapack because that would be amazing.

I love the aubergine/wasabi combo - two of my favorite colors together. I can't wait to get my SE and A30 to go with my aubergine/wasabi Co-Pilot. Right now I am using the co-pilot as my EDC for a contracting job I am working - I don't need to take my own computer, so it carries my notebooks, supplies, an external hard drive, and my tea thermos perfectly.

I would love to see cafe bags in a sturdier fabric - the only complaint I have about my MCB is that it is floppy and lacks structure. If the Ristretto ever comes out in an irresistible combo (read: BRIGHT), I will probably get one to fill that purpose as I think the padded compartment would give it that structure I crave. Plus, then I'd have it for when I finally get my longed-for iPad.
    jess likes this.

Oh, jess, I am SO onboard with Aubergine anything!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

What about an Aubergine S19?
    taminca and jess like this.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    What about an Aubergine S19?
    Swooning at just the thought....
    jess likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

everyone send Darcy a pm about using more aubergine ballistic!
    jess likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Thank you for explaining this. I'm pretty new around here and am constantly getting my fabrics mixed up--especially since there seems to be quite a few colors that come in multiple fabrics. I have a few pouches in plum and ordered a DLBP in plum. I just really want a messenger style bag in aubergine. I'll take a look at the Ristretto but it doesn't sound like it would really work for me as an EDC. I need something that is more purse-like. I guess I'll just have to keep hoping that one day I'll be in the right place at the right time to pick up an Imago. Or that maybe they'll come out with aubergine parapack because that would be amazing.
    @jess There is an Aubergine Ristretto for iPad up for auction on eBay closing in a couple of hours. Just as a comment, the iPad size Ristrettos are probably of interest to those considering Cafe bags, because they are more closely proportioned to the Cafe bags (e.g. not as long as the Ristrettos for 11" MacBook Air or 13" MacBook Pro), and also are intermediate in size between the Small and Medium Cafe bags. So, even with the padded compartment, there is more space (e.g. with iPad inserted) than with a Small Cafe Bag. (I'm basing this on the earlier generation Cordura Ristrettos for iPad).

HTH. moriond
    eWalker and jess like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacharissa View Post
    Another vote for Aubergine Pilot and Co-Pilot --preferably with Steel or Ultraviolet. I would also vote for Forest as a very close second choice!
    @Sacharissa I think your second choice color may be coming up soon in the next batch of Pilots.
    scribe and Ilkyway like this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @jess There is an Aubergine Ristretto for iPad up for auction on eBay closing in a couple of hours. Just as a comment, the iPad size Ristrettos are probably of interest to those considering Cafe bags, because they are more closely proportioned to the Cafe bags (e.g. not as long as the Ristrettos for 11" MacBook Air or 13" MacBook Pro), and also are intermediate in size between the Small and Medium Cafe bags. So, even with the padded compartment, there is more space (e.g. with iPad inserted) than with a Small Cafe Bag. (I'm basing this on the earlier generation Cordura Ristrettos for iPad).

HTH. moriond
    I saw that auction last night and may have sort of bid on it…maybe. Shhhh don't tell hubby Your comments about size etc definitely make me feel better about this crazy impulse bid. Thanks!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0