Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Is there a name for my illness?

Is there a name for my illness?

We leave next week for a 3 week safari, are home for 3 more weeks and then out on another 12 day trip overseas. I received my final shipment today-very promptly btw- and am reflecting on the TB madness that has afflicted me. It started back in January with a S29 which I exchanged for a S25 (black with Iberian)-love this bag! Then I ordered my Aeronaut (blue with Iberian lining). Once my husband started checking out my Aeronaut, he had to have his own (black with solar). I have also collected an assortment of accessories: stuff sacks and organizer pouches in varying sizes and colors, zipper pulls, straps and loops, packing cubes, SE and PCBP.

Believe it or not, I am coveting still more TB bags! Have I totally lost my mind? Is there a cure for this particular kind of crazy?

It is an disease....its called TBAS. There is no cure, but the disease may be managed by retail therapy.
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

I don't understand the problem... What you described sounds perfectly normal and healthy to me, @Travelmom4.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

We need a 12 step program, but we've already decided that we really don't want one.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I contracted it in late February after reading a discussion on another forum, appropriately entitled "Talk me out of it" (it was the first time I'd encountered the name Tom Bihn). Apparently this "disease" is communicable and spreads via internet...
    WenV and Melissa like this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I have the perfect 12 step program. Order a S25, order a Pilot, order a Side effect, order pouches and Stuff Sacks, order...
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

How far along are you, @moose? Worryingly, I'm on Step 10 already, if you count up my orders!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Somehow a lot of people go through this. We start with good intentions - I'm just going to buy one or a few items - rationally deciding which one. And then suddenly you have many pending orders and keep on adding to these pending orders. After a while you realize you have a closet full of bags and accessories & regularly reading the forums in case you miss announcements about new items and colors. My only advice is the earlier you accept the better. After that you will just buy Tom Bihn items and not feel at all guilty about it. Happy collecting Travelmom4.

I've discovered a new symptom which may be limited to the overseas strain - adding Seattle to your smartphone's list of clocks so you can check whether the mothership is open and processing orders
    Collections:

Good intentions, gone "bad" @moose I'm almost ready to graduate from my 12-step program, and I will soon! Got some orders in my "back pocket", ready for the new A30 and what else may be new in June!

Here's my 10
    Name:  TBt.png
Views: 201
Size:  287.8 KB
    haraya and icebeng like this.
    Forrest Green Tri-Star, Navy/Solar PILOT, w/13" MBA cache, Large Shop Bag, various colorful pouches, straps, sacks, 3D mesh, large Dyneema org. cubes and Olive SE. Black Dyneema Daylight BP. As always, more TB stuff on order!

Looking at the chaos that is my top desk drawer, I am severely tempted to organize it with TB pouches and stuff sacks. This condition is pernicious and pervasive...

Quote Originally Posted by Travelmom4 View Post
    We leave next week for a 3 week safari, are home for 3 more weeks and then out on another 12 day trip overseas.
    I'd be interested to know about your packing list for your safari, as my wife and I will be going on one in about 5 months!

I'll take solace in the knowledge that I am not the only one. Perhaps acceptance is the only way to cope

Quote Originally Posted by jlchau View Post
    I'd be interested to know about your packing list for your safari, as my wife and I will be going on one in about 5 months!
    Hi Jlchau,
    I'm packing today and my list is on my desk so here you are. Each of us is taking the following: 3 pair outdoor/hiking pants, 3 short sleeve wicking shirts, 1 short sleeve collared shirt, 2-3 long sleeve shirts (wicking, quick drying types),6 pair of undies, 6 pair of socks, bathing suit, rain jacket, light fleece, hat, light hiking shoes, tennis shoes, flip flops, light gloves, bandana & sleepwear.
    I am a bit heavy on the first aid/medical kit and toiletries b/c I am packing for 6. I'm dividing those up among all of us. My day bag will contain binoculars, camera, guide book, kindle, bug & sun stuff, sunglasses, pen, hand wipes, travel docs and passports, malaria meds & wallet.
    I've been thinking about it for months and can hardly believe it's almost time!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I've discovered a new symptom which may be limited to the overseas strain - adding Seattle to your smartphone's list of clocks so you can check whether the mothership is open and processing orders
    Same! :-) And Google Earth to find the factory. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0