Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Who else is checking the blog multiple times a day to see if there are announments?

Who are these people from SHEP? Will they talk?
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

I. Can't. Take. This.

Frank II, your photos were EVIL! And I love you for that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    No, the people from SHEP have changed their names and been moved into witness protection programs. (@gochicken I liked your answer to @dorayme's post on Ravelry some weeks ago in search of a Kiwi or Turquoise Little Swift, when she said that surely there must be some folks out there with these bags to destash, and will adapt it for use here):

They are out there, but the owners are busy changing their identities and signing up for witness protection!
    moriond

Maybe that is the same reason why Frank II stored all his belongings and jumped on a plane? So we can't squeeze some answers/pictures out of him?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    @gochicken and others, To answer the first question more seriously, SHEP is a Seattle based video production operation who made a number of the Tom Bihn videos that have appeared on the blog, in the web pages for video listings, and on the product pages. There are a couple of photos on their Facebook page on Shooting with Tom Bihn Bags.

Some of you guys might remember the Two Weeks in Japan Aeronaut packing video that appeared in August 2013, that inspired @Badger to reply to a poster who was asking whether to take a Co-Pilot or Synapse as an Aeronaut Sidekick with him to Japan, "…are you a Chris or are you a Daniel".

Chris was the super-organized packer who used a Co-Pilot in his Aeronaut. His brother, Daniel, was also shown using the Aeronaut in a last-minute packing effort, and brought along a Synapse. The lines below the video entries in the blog stated "When he’s not going on awesome trips to Japan or packing for overnight work trips, Chris is the writer and producer at SHEP, the people who worked with us on our Tri-Star and Synapse videos."

There are a lot of other product videos made by SHEP. You can also read the blog entry for Video Music that states:

One of our goals for 2013 was to show you more about how our bags work in real life situations and give you a behind the scenes look at our company. The best way we could think of to do that was through videos, mostly working with the fine folks at SHEP.
    The same entry gives a list of some of those videos (with links), and also gives you links to download the Daniel L.K. Caldwell music tracks used in some of the videos. (I particularly like the tracks for the Tri-Star video).

HTH. moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-27-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: corrected bag Daniel used to be Synapse

Thanks, moriond. Now we have names and faces.

Thanks for the links... you are awesome as usual!
    Last edited by gochicken; 06-27-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    His brother, Daniel, was also shown using the Aeronaut in a last-minute packing effort, and brought along a Co-Pilot.
    @moriond I believe Daniel brought along a Synapse 19!

I remember because you made an awesome post about this video!
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-27-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 19 days to go!!

I am just thinking in advance about Monday, and I think that there should really be a NEW PRODUCT post FIRST THING in the AM. I mean, think of us poor east coasters. Not only does it take the longest (in the US, at least) for our Bihn boxes to arrive, but we have to get up in the morning excited to check the forums, and then deal with the fact that it is not until LUNCHTIME when we will hear the announcement-and that is only IF it is made first thing west coast time. Darcy--have pity on us.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @moriond I believe Daniel brought along a Synapse 19!

I remember because you made an awesome post about this video!
    @eWalker You're correct, and I caught that only after I reread my post (but before I saw this post). Just takes longer to edit and fix posts on an iPhone. The TapaTalk app is fine for reading forums, but I can't edit in it, but have to go into another browser app.

Fixed now.

moriond

P.S. Unfortunately for members of SHEP, their identities have been exposed. But there can't be that many ravening TB fans on the Seattle area who would hunt them down over the weekend, can there?

I hope the new bags debuting are really new BAGS! Packing cubes for the new Aeronaut 30 shouldn't count as a bag...they are accessories I want new BAGS!!!!
    DESPERATELY SEEKING: Black/Iberian Western Flyer, AND Black/Iberian Citizen Canine
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Iberian PCBP, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Iberian Travel Stuff Sacks (all 4 sizes), Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    P.S. Unfortunately for members of SHEP, their identities have been exposed. But there can't be that many ravening TB fans on the Seattle area who would hunt them down over the weekend, can there?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Monday is going to be as much fun as waiting for the NHL schedule to come out!!!!

Or Free Agent Frenzy....
    keb and eWalker like this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I. Can't. Take. This.

Frank II, your photos were EVIL! And I love you for that.
    Just for that, Janine, I'll let you know the bottom of the two photos I posted is of the Aeronaut 30. The other photo, well, I'm sworn to secrecy and can't say what it is....but....it is something that I will definitely be using from now on.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    Just for that, Janine, I'll let you know the bottom of the two photos I posted is of the Aeronaut 30.
    @Frank II, Yeah, I figured that was the case. Would have been more interesting in Aubergine, though… Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    I'm hoping for brighter colors. Not everybody prefers different shades of 'dark', even though that is all you see driving on the streets too.
    Me too, but then, Solar matches my car!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0