Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Who else is checking the blog multiple times a day to see if there are announments?

Maybe they'll debut the TB Duffel or the diaper insert.

I'm thinking expanding current choices using existing colors and fabrics will be like icing on the cake. Don't think they will count as one of the five.
    Wondering if the Field Journal Notebook will get a new version though, hasn't a design for iPad model been on the cards for sometime already?

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I'm guessing that there are really only 3 unknowns. One of the debuting 5 will probably be the new crossbody knitting bag, which has been hinted at for a while. We already know about the Aeronaut 30. Maybe one more biggish bag and two new accessories?
    I think it's been mentioned that the A30 packing cubes will be 2 of the items, but I'm not sure if the A30 itself is amongst the 5.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Update! At this point, we're thinking the Aeronaut 30 and the other new bags/accessories will debut sometime the middle-to-end of June. There's a few more little things we want to get just right, and, additionally, we've been wrestling with a couple more materials shortages (those are being resolved now but they did delay things a little bit.) I know… more waiting. But it will totally be worth it! And if there's any further delays, I'll let you know as soon as I know.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Waiting is good - it gives my bank balance time to recover
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I hate waiting! I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to come.
    If the announcements aren't being made until late June, I wonder if there's any chance of getting an Aeronaut 30 for my trip at the beginning of August?

@eWalker You'll have to pounce as soon as it goes on sale! Presumably a new product isn't going to debut on backorder, which is why the launch seems to have been delayed until TB could get hold of enough dyneema for an initial production run
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Hopefully it won't go out of stock that quick. That would be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    @eWalker You'll have to pounce as soon as it goes on sale! Presumably a new product isn't going to debut on backorder, which is why the launch seems to have been delayed until TB could get hold of enough dyneema for an initial production run
    I realized that @scribe. I placed two orders, 86 hours apart. Between then there were placed 478 orders. So it's an order every 10 minutes!

I have no idea of what is normal level of orders at TB but I have no doubt that they are quite busy lately.

It's the first time I see this kind of closeness of factory staff/crew and users, and I really come to enjoy the interaction with FOT on daily basis.

Advice taken! I am keeping watch on the Blog and Forums to act as soon as the new products launch!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 30 days to go!!
    Refreshing the UPS status on my Black Balistic Pilot!! 4 days left!!

Wow that is some kind of math you did there. If a given day has 8 hours work in USA (it does in Germany) than you have 144 orders to put to gather in 8 hours (not counting the extra orders from the weekend) So one person/8 hours that would make 3.33 minutes per order (just packing, billing and sending out NOT building.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Wow that is some kind of math you did there. If a given day has 8 hours work in USA (it does in Germany) than you have 144 orders to put to gather in 8 hours (not counting the extra orders from the weekend) So one person/8 hours that would make 3.33 minutes per order (just packing, billing and sending out NOT building.
    The numbers give a better perspective of what's going on on! Kind of CNN report!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 30 days to go!!
    Refreshing the UPS status on my Black Balistic Pilot!! 4 days left!!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Waiting is good - it gives my bank balance time to recover
    I laughed out loud at this - I feel the same way!

One of the things I'm looking most forward to is the crossbody bag. I'm hoping that it will work as an EDC. One of my favorite non-TB bag designs is Patagonia's Atom, which is a crossbody bag. The design has several great features and I do like it a lot, but I always end up back with my beloved nordic/solar MCB. I've become completely and happily dependent on my o-rings and my little pouches, and I also just prefer TB's designs, and (of course) the wonderful Dyneema, etc. But sometimes I'll spy that Atom in my close and think wistfully, "If only Tom Bihn would take this sort of design and run with it...."

Also so curious to see what new accessories will be coming!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

@Hollie- I also have this bag, and if only Patagonia would include some o-rings, it would be perfect. Now that I've discovered the convenience of being able to tether internal pouches, there is no going back.

I totally agree! dark just doesn't do it for me! And colours like Navy and Forest and brown give me the hebejebees! I drive a sparkly lime green Honda Jazz - says it all really!
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    One of the things I'm looking most forward to is the crossbody bag.
    Also so curious to see what new accessories will be coming!
    I thought Darcy said the cross body bag wasn't up for release this round. Did something change? If it's coming out, my excitement has just shot up 100%!
    eWalker likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0