Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: UPS is being very, very odd.

UPS is being very, very odd.

There might be a problem. UPS is being very, very odd.

The brown truck never arrived at my old house before 6pm. Packages were always delivered between 6 and 8 - which is great, because I was home to receive them.

I sign up for shipping updates when UPS tells me that a TB package is on its way. For my third-most-recent order, I got the delivery notice early in the afternoon. The box was not there when I got home from work, but it arrived shortly after so I didn't have time to work up a healthy panic. I did not get another notice when the box was delivered for real.

My most second-most-recent order was supposed to be delivered today. Again, I got the delivery notice in the early afternoon. I ran by the house at 4:30 but no box was there. We've been away from the house all evening so I'm not sure if the box is waiting for me or not. I'm getting a little antsy.

Has anyone else experienced incorrect delivery messages from UPS lately? Or am I the lucky one?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I've been getting messages that I'd rather not get, such as 'UPS has made an error and there will be a least 1 business day delay in delivering your package'. The package before last was 'A UPS trailer was late and your package is rescheduled to be delivered on <insert 1+ days later>'.

In my experience, I usually get the alert some time after the delivery. I think it takes some time to travel through the system. I have never gotten the notice (text or push alert) and not had a package waiting...

My last 2 packages from TB arrived 1 day late. UPS tracking said train delayed

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    To my surprise, my latest package was delivered a day early from the projected ups schedule. It was "on time" with historical deliveries from TB though. I checked the day before I thought it should arrive and it said it was on track to be there in two days. I was a bit bummed. The following day i was away all day, but when I got home, it was on my porch. Ups was updated in the system, but because I had not allowed myself to dwell and constantly refresh the delivery screen, I have no idea when it updated.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I can handle delays (I mean, not well, but I can handle them). UPS tracking says the package was delivered at 2:28pm, but it's after 11 and still no package.

I has the sads.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Each time I ordered from NZ I got the delivery a day ahead of scheduled delivery. I love UPS because so far they have been so reliable. But they update the status that it was delivered 1-2 days later, which of course doesnt affect me..I dont care once I have my hands on the box.
    It always so much fun tracking it...I know the route by heart now but I still check all the time when I know a tb box is comming...such a thrill!!

Üps always messes things up. I recall waaaay back when they actually use to knock on the door/doorbell and HAND you the package. Now they just toss/drop kick it on the porch and try to escape before you can open the door. I always pick another delivery option if it is available.

UPS here in the UK have been fine so far - like vivelly, I've even had packages arrive a day early (my first one - it left me spoiled and disappointed that the rest were merely on schedule!). OTOH they don't offer text alerts outside the US, so if I'm at work on delivery day I have to leave a blank cheque with DH (to pay customs duty COD) and await his text to let me know it all went OK!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Scribe, different issues, but UPS have been a complete nightmare over my last order which finally arrived yesterday.
    In my case tracking was indicating that my parcel was out for delivery so I waited in all day. Apparently it was never even on a van!
    The email customer service bods were useless, basically just telling me what online tracking was saying and, very helpfully (NOT!), sending me a link to online tracking. Telephone CS was 'interesting', you have to speak the tracking number ..... That didn't go well for me. My neighbours probably thought I was passing coded secrets over the phone: "ONE...ZED...EIGHT...EIGHT..........", over and over again!!
    When I finally got through yesterday morning, the person realised straight away there was a problem and said they would contact the depot and get them to call me within the hour. Over 2 hours later and I finally resorted to Twitter ..... The driver showed up with my parcel within the hour and said he'd had a text .....
    I pity the poor driver, he was the most apologetic and sincere UPS employee that I had been in contact with throughout and he had a van full of parcels that were all late!
    I don't mind delays, within reason, what I did object to was being told that my parcel would be delivered by the end of the day .... 3 times, so I waited in ALL DAY. And also the indifference of the majority of the customer service staff. Had the first person I contacted actually looked into what was happening he could've perhaps told me UPS were a bit behind. Tom Bihn should run classes on how Customer Service should be done. But hey-ho .....
    Scribe, I apologise if this adds nothing to the discussion that you started, but I feel purged of my ill feelings towards UPS non the less

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I can handle delays (I mean, not well, but I can handle them). UPS tracking says the package was delivered at 2:28pm, but it's after 11 and still no package.

I has the sads.
    Hope your package turn up. A few years ago, UPS tracking said they "delivered" my TB box to my "front door"on christmas eve instead of the day after christmas as originslly scheduled. Unfortunately, I never saw the box. I was home all day on that day, too - so no way I could have missed the box.

I walked all I over my and the neighboring apt bldg looking. No box. Called UPS - they advised me to call the shipper - called TB - they sent me a new shipment, which arrived on schedule.

I never saw the original shipment. To this day, I still wonder who got VERY nice presents that christmas - 2 WFs and their packing cube sets. I hope they appreciate them.

Since then, I had TB ship my box to my office. However, office has since issued super strict rules about personal packages delivered to the office. Short of it - I can no longer have personal packages delivered to the office.

Needless to say, UPS delivery day is anxiety day

So if parcels get lost cause UPS just drops them without signature..(and may I say we pay a huge price for shipping...65 US dollar is not cheap) who is liable? UPS?

Scribe you have to pay customs duty on Tom Bihn purchases? I never had to do that...

I have to pay custom duty too. Add an extra 19 % to any price. But shipping is not as expensive as for you. Just 45 $. In Germany they don't leave parcels without a signature because they would have to replace lost parcels. But one time my bags smaller badly like ashtray.

But regarding the many parcels I got via UPS I find as a hole they are doing a good job (where I live that is). At one time the tracking said that I was not. At home and that they would come again tomorrow. I emidiatly called to tell them I was at home all the time. The person at the telephone made the truck pull around and I got the parcel an hour later.

Oh wow, in that respect I am lucky then...I hope customs will not discover my tb addiction! My family in Germany often has to pay custom duty when I send something from here.. even for gifts which really sucks.

19%..thats a lot! :-(

To be fair, up until recently, I have always found UPS to be reliable. Unfortunately, it's when things do a go a bit pair shaped that you find out what a company is really like to deal with.
    Cream of the crop as far as couriers go has got to be DPD for me. You can even track the delivery person as he wends his way to you .... It's like stalking .... but legal

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast