Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: UPS is being very, very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Wow! UPS delivered a box from Amazon to my door yesterday. The box was open - ttaoe was ripped off down the middle.

Eveything on the list was inside the box. Shoddy packaging?
    I've always found the TB boxes to be pretty sturdy. I've had several make it all the way across the country without issue. I think sometimes the Samsonite gorillia visits UPS.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I love internet shopping, so much that most of the delivery guys know my address by now. About a year ago, I was out for an evening run and when I stopped at a junction, a FedEx delivery driver honked and waved at me. Turns out he had just been to my place and couldn't deliver my package, I got a lift back home from him and of course got my package too lol, plus I made a new friend!
    I did find out something interesting though, the drivers apparently get paid for overtime if they have to deliver past a certain timing (varies by service), so that pretty much explained why updates on the websites were often inaccurate for me. I would get slips/alerts saying there was a failed delivery attempt, but the parcel would be redelivered the same night without me having to call CS.
    So once I knew what was going on, I made friends with other drivers (from other services, including UPS)as well. I now have a great private arrangement with most drivers, they'll let me know if I have a package, and it'll be delivered late at night by default (which is great since no one's home in the day anyway), my packages get extra TLC and in the event I'm overseas, I don't have to worry about my packages being returned. Unless it's a rookie on duty lol
    Last edited by icebeng; 05-14-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Wow...sounds like many of us have had good shipping luck except for that one time when [fill in odd scenario] happened. Thanks for sharing, everyone. I don't feel quite so bummed out any longer.

Of course, this helped:

Name:  14185258001_3bf6e92ea4_z.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  147.5 KB

(here's a closeup)

Name:  14001885069_f8a91e2c40_z.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  114.0 KB

and was followed by this, which also helped:

Name:  14001950057_04f45b3078_z.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  113.6 KB

But the icing on the cake was a nice email from Customer Service offering to make things better. Thanks, guys!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Geez, you'd think the person who opened it by mistake would have put a note on it, if they didn't know how to contact you. I would have, along with an apology for the error.
    I KNOW, RIGHT!!???!!! Would it have killed them to scribble a little "oops, my bad" on the packing list? They took time to find masking tape. Was a pen completely inaccessible? That would have made the difference between it seeming creepy and scary vs. an honest mistake.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

@Janine
    The girls at my office saw your photos, you might like to know you caused all the ladies at my office to abandon work for a good 30 mins oohing and ahhing at your handiwork (oh and include 1 male who couldn't work either, since they were crowded round my cubicle).
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @Janine
    The girls at my office saw your photos, you might like to know you caused all the ladies at my office to abandon work for a good 30 mins oohing and ahhing at your handiwork (oh and include 1 male who couldn't work either, since they were crowded round my cubicle).
    Only 30 minutes? Bummer. Next time I'll have to kick it up a notch!

My sons (who are 3) screamed with delight when they saw my toes. :-)

Last 3 shipments from TB have all been delayed by one day due to ups shipping delay. Only seems to happen with items from TB. Everything else I get from UPS is on schedule. Must be something with the route from Seattle to Chicago.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chautime View Post
    Last 3 shipments from TB have all been delayed by one day due to ups shipping delay. Only seems to happen with items from TB. Everything else I get from UPS is on schedule. Must be something with the route from Seattle to Chicago.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Someone from UPS is also a fellow Bihnion, and is taking longer to process the box because he/she keeps wondering what you ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Someone from UPS is also a fellow Bihnion, and is taking longer to process the box because he/she keeps wondering what you ordered.
    Maybe the logistics are different for the carbon-neutral shipments?

Your answer is funnier, though, @icebeng.
    icebeng likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4