Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: SCB photo is different now!

SCB photo is different now!

I just noticed that the SCB photo on the main page now shows a new color - must be Kelly green. Not coincidentally perhaps, that color is backordered till July. Pretty!

They've updated all the pics in fact, there are photos of other colors, with the bags opened so we can see the lining too!

Wow, that’s some serious green. Probably not for me, but I sort of like the linen and the blue. Of course sometimes it’s a little hard to discern exactly what the colors really look like on a computer monitor. I’ve been considering a MCB for some time now, but just can’t seem to settle on a color combination.

Yes, the linen and navy blue is quite handsome. I owned one for ten minutes two days ago before my daughter claimed it. I agreed to her claim (part of my enabling plan).
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Yes, the linen and navy blue is quite handsome.
    Just bought a Linen/Navy SCB although (because?) I love my Navy Parapack/UV SCB. Also saw the Kelly/Navy MCB in store. Couple of notes: The linen does not photograph well. Much more impressive in person. Perfect for summer! The Kelly is pretty true to what you see on the screen - very green. Also, notice the thread inside matches the outside color. On photos of the linen cafe bags, the thread looks white, but it's linen. The Kelly thread on the Navy background is really impressive. Saw the French Blue as well, which is also lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLee View Post
    I’ve been considering a MCB for some time now, but just can’t seem to settle on a color combination.
    Which is why you'll find that many of us have found a way to justify buying more than one. Or two. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Linen is gorgeous!

And it doesn't photograph well, so I took that picture in partial sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    Just bought a Linen/Navy SCB although (because?) I love my Navy Parapack/UV SCB. Also saw the Kelly/Navy MCB in store. Couple of notes: The linen does not photograph well. Much more impressive in person. Perfect for summer! The Kelly is pretty true to what you see on the screen - very green. Also, notice the thread inside matches the outside color. On photos of the linen cafe bags, the thread looks white, but it's linen. The Kelly thread on the Navy background is really impressive. Saw the French Blue as well, which is also lovely!
    I am very tempted by the Linen SCB but have stayed away from Cordura because of its tendency to pick up lint, dust, pet hairs, etc... And Linen is such a light color.... To Forum members who have Linen Cordura bags, how are they faring for you?
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I have a Linen/Steel SCB that I usually carry with me all of the time. I don't have any pets at my place (boo on pet rules), but my best friend has a dog that leaves black hair EVERYWHERE. So far, it has shown absolutely no signs of any dirt or pet hair...and I mean this thing even got drunkenly dragged through the wet, muddy backstreets of Berlin for 2 months...it's a trooper! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I am very tempted by the Linen SCB but have stayed away from Cordura because of its tendency to pick up lint, dust, pet hairs, etc... And Linen is such a light color.... To Forum members who have Linen Cordura bags, how are they faring for you?
    I have a Linen/Steel MCB that I've been using as a PLO for the last 5 months. I also live with a dog and 3 cats, so there is no shortage of pet hair at my house. The bag is faring spectacularly - no issues with dirt/dust, and pet hair brushes or picks off easily. The bag is a little darker in reality that it appears on the screen (at least on my screen). It's more of a light taupe with greenish undertones, to my eyes.
    taminca likes this.

I have a linen LCB and Golden Retrievers. I have been pleasantly surprised by how well they all play together. In general, yes, I avoid Cordura, but the linen color worked for me, maybe because it's a light color bag with light color dogs.
    taminca likes this.

Thank you, @Moosezilla, @Shanisol and @K9TB! Your feedback tipped the scale for me and I went to order the Linen SCB...only to discover that it is on backorder til July . Ah well... Will have to add it to my backorder of Iberian Shop Bags, which are also for July.

On a different note, I now have 3 backorders for mid-May, June and July, respectively, and the TBAS is agony!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Thank you, @Moosezilla, @Shanisol and @K9TB! Your feedback tipped the scale for me and I went to order the Linen SCB...only to discover that it is on backorder til July . Ah well... Will have to add it to my backorder of Iberian Shop Bags, which are also for July.

On a different note, I now have 3 backorders for mid-May, June and July, respectively, and the TBAS is agony!
    Medium and small linen cafe bags lunching together .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Medium and small linen cafe bags lunching together .
    Each on a different shoulder (same person or different people?) or both on one shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Each on a different shoulder (same person or different people?) or both on one shoulder?
    The medium linen cafe bag was co-opted by my daughter 10 minutes after its arrival. I couldn't bear to to thwart a budding TB addiction. She loves it. I ordered a small linen cafe bag for myself right away and now, I see, I'm very lucky to have it as it's back-ordered. My daughter is a student at UWashington and likes the hands free capability of carrying all her student crud, plus her backpack. I actually prefer the small cafe bag, especially when toting Kindle and Ipad mini, sun glasses, etc. i have been using the SE as my EDC but this is tougher for me in sunny weather when I require more accessories. We are having a mother daughter lunch and a Cafe Bag reunion.
    scribe likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0