Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree408Likes

Thread: Official Aeronaut 30 Thread

So excited to read this thread! I haven't ventured into the luggage side of TB before but am looking to go carry-on only for a couple of trips in the next 12 months, so have been checking out the Aeronaut. Decided it was probably just a little too big for my needs (and non-US cabin sizes). but oh the A30! This could be just the ticket!
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

One more day before the big announcement. Right?

It may be the longest day ever...

so what time tomorrow?

Darcy said after 1pm Pacific time. So as far as I'm concerned (east coast) it might as well be Tuesday.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

I think their will be an announcement of some kind tomorrow but because delays can happen for a variety of reasons particularly at a company known to be meticulous about it's design and production! So while tomorrow the bag could make it's debut it could also be about another future estimated date. The good news is that TB's reputation is: getting it right trumps getting it out! So have a cup of some really good coffee and some spicy baked tofu and relax and or do a painting! All will be well in the village!

Quote Originally Posted by Packbetter View Post
    I think their will be an announcement of some kind tomorrow but because delays can happen for a variety of reasons particularly at a company known to be meticulous about it's design and production! So while tomorrow the bag could make it's debut it could also be about another future estimated date. The good news is that TB's reputation is: getting it right trumps getting it out! So have a cup of some really good coffee and some spicy baked tofu and relax and or do a painting! All will be well in the village!
    Sorry, Packbetter. You are far too zen to post on this thread. Only those who are refreshing the page hourly are permitted.
    Moose and Ilkyway like this.

◉‿◉ Good one! It was more like a zen moment!

Can you solve this for A 30?

So let's put that energy to work! Assuming no laptop or water bottle could Bihneries make the A30 work as a bag for every type of trip!
    Rule of 3's etc casual quick dry clothing including cold weather trip and plus a men's suit 2 dress shirts and pair of shoes! C'mon super packers! One Bag A30 solution not two!

I do know about the option of ordering a bag trying it out and returning it if it doesn't work but it's not my preferred option! I prefer cubes over compression bags! Don't think the specter folders are that great!

I'm thinking specter compression cubes and bundle wrapping as part of the solution!

Has any one found larger than big specter compression cubes that are good quality! Those others I read about seem to be very poor quality! Lot's of negative reviews!
    Last edited by Packbetter; 06-29-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packbetter View Post

Has any one found larger than big specter compression cubes that are good quality! Those others I read about seem to be very poor quality! Lot's of negative reviews!
    REI has some new cubes out. They have a larger height dimension making for more of a cube/box than a lumpy pillow like the Eagle Creek Specter.

The funny thing is they call it an expandable cube which I just noticed when searching for them. I've seen them once in store and totally thought they were compressible cubes (not expansion) with a wide gusset since they have mesh tops and sides. The main opening is on three sides which I find much easier to live out of than the partial 1/2 zip on the Specter.
    Results for "REI expandable packing cube" at REI

Thanks for your reply! I had seen those on the REI website but since it referred to expansion and not contraction I kind of glossed over those, but now I wonder whether I could stack a cube at it's expanded hight and then zip it back to original size!
    I think I will call REI tomorrow and see what they say! You raise an interesting point!

New Aeronaut photo stream on the Aeronaut 45 section!

Aeronaut 30 is here!
    eWalker likes this.

Love the video - is it scary I recognize where it was shot in the Seattle airport as well as knowing that's a Q400 plane?
    eWalker likes this.

1800 Cubic inches
    eWalker likes this.

ERMAHGERD. ERMAHGERDERMAHGERDERMAHGERD. All of my dreams have come true! Already placed my order for my steel/wasabi A30 and 2 of the cutesie little Q-Kits!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0