Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree408Likes

Thread: Official Aeronaut 30 Thread

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's looking more like the end of June than the beginning of June. Everything's in the works: we wanted to get a few more details just right. And, I mean, I don't think we've ever debuted this many things at once before…. it's a lot of work, and it's going to be way fun!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's looking more like the end of June than the beginning of June. Everything's in the works: we wanted to get a few more details just right. And, I mean, I don't think we've ever debuted this many things at once before…. it's a lot of work, and it's going to be way fun!
    If it's not going to be until the end of June now, I wonder what the chances are of getting one before my vacation at the beginning of August. Starting to wonder if I should just buy the regular Aeronaut instead.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    If it's not going to be until the end of June now, I wonder what the chances are of getting one before my vacation at the beginning of August. Starting to wonder if I should just buy the regular Aeronaut instead.
    Since all of the regular Aeronauts are on backorder right now, I'd suggest ordering one so you have something waiting in the wings. If the Aeronaut 30 (I guess that's what you're interested in) debuts before your backorder ships, you can probably change your order easily. If not, you'll still have the option to exchange the Aeronaut. Either way, you'll have a Bihn bag for your vacation.

I have noticed a tendency to underpromise and overdeliver on the part of Tom Bihn, which I really appreciate. I love being surprised in a positive way!

It would be nice to be have the details of the A30 now so we can decide to wait for it or order something else sooner (if the A30 won't fit the bill) in time for a trip.

So excited to see what ya got, Darcy!

Man! This is all head spinning...I just bit the bullet and ordered a Tristar with all the trimmings! Now I have to deal with waiting for it...on back order...and now another Aeronaut...I really thought for a split moment in time that my big bag purchases were completed. I ordered the Tristar when I heard about the price increases. I had made up excuses...that I actually believed, to keep me from getting a bag I had thought about for a long time. TBAS! What is a girl to do? I do love my Aeronaut, Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25 and 19. 😊. Yes...I admit I DO have a problem, that sure is a LOT OF FUN!
    taminca and scribe like this.

I went ahead and ordered the Aeronaut in Aubergine/wasabi, assorted packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap. It's back ordered until early July, I almost hope it won't be available until then so I have time to see how the Aeronaut 30 compares. Either way, I know I'll have an awesome bag.
    binje likes this.

Must. Have. Steel/Wasabi. Aeronaut 30.

But seriously. If you guys offer the A30 in Steel/Wasabi, you can have ALL of my money. All of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    ? I do love my Aeronaut, Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25 and 19. 😊. Yes...I admit I DO have a problem, that sure is a LOT OF FUN!
    Anniegill, I'm not always the brightest, can you spell out the problem? I really don't see it.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Anniegill, I'm not always the brightest, can you spell out the problem? I really don't see it.
    Oh thank goodness Moose, I am OKAY then. I was worried about me....now I can sleep. It's a good thing we can get "therapy" here!!! 👍😝😊
    But wait! One problem remains...how will I ever wait until the end of June to get my Black/Solar Tristar, with all it's goodies?
    PS. Thanks for the insight.
    Moose likes this.

Is it the end of June yet? I'm tired of waiting.

*heaves a deep and weary sigh*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Okay - the countdown begins - 23 days....and 30 minutes....

Anniegill, sounds like you have a full blown case of TBAS. I have found that if you take a deep breath, aquire copious amounts of chocolate and settle in with the TV remote you will make it through. Constant refreshing of the UPS tracking web page helps some too.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Is it the end of June yet? I'm tired of waiting.

*heaves a deep and weary sigh*
    Seriously. I've been eyeing the Synapse 19, which I don't even need , but I just have the urge to get something new. The new stuff can't get here fast enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by pegolas View Post
    Seriously. I've been eyeing the Synapse 19, which I don't even need , but I just have the urge to get something new. The new stuff can't get here fast enough!!
    I feel the same about the Co-Pilot, hence I've set myself a target of getting one in the exact colour I want (which isn't available right now). It worked with the Imago, so I'm just keeping my fingers firmly crossed - which makes it a lot harder to type my credit card number
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0