Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree408Likes

Thread: Official Aeronaut 30 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Just to add to what @scribe wrote, if the stow-able back pack straps are going to be one of the features of the Aeronaut 30, then they might also take up some space when tucked away inside.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Just to add to what @scribe wrote, if the stow-able back pack straps are going to be one of the features of the Aeronaut 30, then they might also take up some space when tucked away inside.
    I, occasionally, use that space to pack a light jacket. It's easy to get to if needed. Especially if it can pack flat.

Should it start to rain, or it gets chilly, I can easily reach into the backpack strap compartment, pull out the jacket, and not have to deal with any of the other compartments.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    I, occasionally, use that space to pack a light jacket. It's easy to get to if needed. Especially if it can pack flat.

Should it start to rain, or it gets chilly, I can easily reach into the backpack strap compartment, pull out the jacket, and not have to deal with any of the other compartments.
    Great packing tip!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post

Ooh, good idea! I bet that would also work with the other bags that have stowable backpack straps (TriStar, Western Flyer)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Ooh, good idea! I bet that would also work with the other bags that have stowable backpack straps (TriStar, Western Flyer)
    It works with any bag that has stowable backpack straps as long as that compartment has a zipper. There are a couple of bags, non-TB, that stow their backpack straps in an open pouch. That's not good as the jacket could fall out.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    In bags like the Western Flyer or Tri-Star you can also use the front water bottle pocket for stowing a light jacket, and you don't have to worry about packing flat. Or I can even roll the windbreaker around an umbrella and keep both in the pocket (depends on the sizes of each whether you can do this, and I suspect my jacket is a lot smaller than Frank's). I tend to use the zippered pocket for the backpack straps to store an iPad in its cache in these bags (Western Flyer, Tri-Star, or Aeronaut)

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-01-2014 at 08:19 AM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    In bags like the Western Flyer or Tri-Star you can also use the front water bottle pocket for stowing a light jacket, and you don't have to worry about packing flat. Or I can even roll the windbreaker around an umbrella and keep both in the pocket (depends on the sizes of each whether you can do this, and I suspect my jacket is a lot smaller than Frank's). I tend to use the zippered pocket for the backpack straps to store an iPad in its cache in these bags (Western Flyer, Tri-Star, or Aeronaut)

moriond
    What a great idea for umbrella/jacket packing. I will try this out on my next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    In bags like the Western Flyer or Tri-Star you can also use the front water bottle pocket for stowing a light jacket, and you don't have to worry about packing flat. Or I can even roll the windbreaker around an umbrella and keep both in the pocket (depends on the sizes of each whether you can do this, and I suspect my jacket is a lot smaller than Frank's).
    moriond
    I didn't know any Lilliputians still existed!!!

I use the backpack strap pocket all the time. I keep my absolute strap in there when not in use. I've used it for magazines, clothes and basically anything flat-ish in shape.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I can't believe this thread already has two pages of comments! I'm super eager to see what the little 'nauttie looks like and I can clearly see I'm not alone in this.
    Darcy and eWalker like this.

Think this hits the sweet spot, size-wise (at least for me).

Looking forward to seeing what design surprises and new details might be in store for us...
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (Iberian), Co-Pilot (Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Western Flyer (Iberian), Pilot (UV)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (Wasabi), Pilot (Wasabi), Side Effect (Wasabi), PCSB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bb93fo57 View Post
    Think this hits the sweet spot, size-wise (at least for me).

Looking forward to seeing what design surprises and new details might be in store for us...
    It's gonna be good. Especially the surprises part.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Does it split in half to become two day backpacks?
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Or have packing cubes that may be attached to each other and become an overnight bag?

Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Or have packing cubes that may be attached to each other and become an overnight bag?

I'm suddenly reminded of my Transformers toys back when I was a kid.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0