Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Like Tree408Likes

Thread: Official Aeronaut 30 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Someone needs to stop me. My Aubergine love is without equal BUT the thought of having an A30 for my upcoming trip is tempting me beyond belief to order a Black/Wasabi NOW!!! You really cannot go wrong with classic Black. And Wasabi is my favorite interior color. Argh!
    As someone who shares your consuming love for Aubergine, @taminca, I'll try to stop you. I once succumbed to the lust for an Aeronaut [A45] when it wasn't available in Aubergine by ordering one in Navy/Solar instead. And as lovely as it was, my heart wasn't satisfied. I returned it, and later bought the Aubergine I truly wanted all along—and I don't regret doing that for an instant. So hold out if you can!

But I'm the wrong person to try and talk you out of ordering an A30. I'm trying feebly to convince myself that I don't need an Aubergine A30 to go along with my Aubergine A45: and the Aubergine Night Flight I just ordered. Will I hold out? If past history repeats itself, the answer is a big fat NO!

~Nancy

PS Let us know what you decide.
    Last edited by ncb4; 07-20-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    As someone who shares your consuming love for Aubergine, @taminca, I'll try to stop you. I once succumbed to the lust for an Aeronaut [A45] when it wasn't available in Aubergine by ordering one in Navy/Solar instead. And as lovely as it was, my heart wasn't satisfied. I returned it, and later bought the Aubergine I truly wanted all along—and I don't regret doing that for an instant. So hold out if you can!

But I'm the wrong person to try and talk you out of ordering an A30. I'm trying feebly to convince myself that I don't need an Aubergine A30 to go along with my Aubergine A45: and the Aubergine Night Flight I just ordered. Will I hold out? If past history repeats itself, the answer is a big fat NO!

~Nancy
    Thanks, Nancy. I think I may be safe since the Black/Wasabi A30 seems to no longer be in stock -- the website has it as on backorder til late September. Phew! I came really, really close
    ncb4 likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

What is your track record with Black? Do you have other bags in Black that you consistently use? I know when I buy a "second-best" color, having missed out on the color I really want, I actually don't use the thing all that much. (Thinking of a lovely yellow purse that I have, which rarely if ever leaves my house.)

(Knowing of your amazing collection of Tom Bihn, I would think having an A30 for your upcoming trip is a lower-level consideration, since you have other bags that you can use till Aubergine is available. )

...oops, and actually, just looking at the site now, everything is again on pre-order or back order. Boy, those A30s are like hotcakes! Taminca, I hope you get/got whichever bag makes your heart sing!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Someone needs to stop me. My Aubergine love is without equal BUT the thought of having an A30 for my upcoming trip is tempting me beyond belief to order a Black/Wasabi NOW!!! You really cannot go wrong with classic Black. And Wasabi is my favorite interior color. Argh!
    taminca likes this.

I agree, don't settle for a second best colour. I did that with my side effect and don't use it as much as I should.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I agree, don't settle for a second best colour. I did that with my side effect and don't use it as much as I should.
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Knowing of your amazing collection of Tom Bihn, I would think having an A30 for your upcoming trip is a lower-level consideration, since you have other bags that you can use till Aubergine is available.

...oops, and actually, just looking at the site now, everything is again on pre-order or back order. Boy, those A30s are like hotcakes! Taminca, I hope you get/got whichever bag makes your heart sing!
    You are so right, @haraya and @WendyK. Thanks! And thanks also to everyone who purchased Black/Wasabi A30s during the short window that they were in stock online -- you helped me stay true to my Aubergine love!
    haraya likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I ordered the A30 in black dyneema but am really second-guessing my choice. The accessory items I am likely to carry with it (Synapse 19 or Pilot) are also dyneema, one of them black, and I really don't like the matchy-matchy look. Also I really prefer the look of solid colors. My only concern is the weight, but I'm not sure how much difference that will make once the bag is fully packed...
    The difference is about half a pound. Depending on how much you normally pack, that may or may not be noticeable. Its basically an extra merino shirt (or two if you are petit).
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

@taminca, maybe you should consider packing an empty second large duffel when you come for your Seattle visit...just in case you need to transport some extra items back home. I think the black A30 was still listed as backordered till late Sept when they completed some of them, so you never know how soon items will be ready, given the superhuman efficiency of the TB production.
    haraya and Ilkyway like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    @taminca, maybe you should consider packing an empty second large duffel when you come for your Seattle visit...just in case you need to transport some extra items back home.
    I did not see this post. Not one inkling of any thought about bringing an empty duffel. Nope. Nada. Zilch. No way. Excuse me while I check my duffle inventory -- just for harmless organizational purposes, you understand.
    -- David Whyte

But on the other hand... If you don't have a extra duffle you just might have to buy something (aeronaut anyone?) to carry all the other stuff in... Bwahaha!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0