Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree408Likes

Thread: Official Aeronaut 30 Thread

It seems that the smaller Aeronaut is more expensive than the larger original; is it a typo or am I misunderstanding?
    eWalker likes this.

what color is coyote?
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jangle View Post
    what color is coyote?
    Looks to be khaki.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarha View Post
    It seems that the smaller Aeronaut is more expensive than the larger original; is it a typo or am I misunderstanding?
    Its probably because there's more work involved in sewing them, e.g. adding extra zips so you can customise the interior: "The panels dividing the end compartments from the main compartment of the bag unzip — another versatile feature allowing you to customize the Aeronaut 30 to your needs."
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Its probably because there's more work involved in sewing them, e.g. adding extra zips so you can customise the interior: "The panels dividing the end compartments from the main compartment of the bag unzip — another versatile feature allowing you to customize the Aeronaut 30 to your needs."
    Ahhh, that makes sense.
    eWalker likes this.

I'd love to see a photo of the two Aeronauts together for comparison purposes, and also one of the new Aeronaut beside the Tri Star.

Anyone know why the A30 large packing cube has the dimensions 13.4" x 13.4" x 5.5" when the bag itself is 19.7" x 12.6" x 7.9"? Seems like the cube would be too wide.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    When I visited the Seattle store about a month ago, I was gently urged to consider purchasing an Aeronaut at that time, which I did, because a new one (the Aeronaut 30) was on its way and the price of the Aeronaut (45) would be going up at that time, to $280. I assume the design of the Aeronaut 30 was well understood when that statement was made.

I should add that, although not totally decisive, that was a factor in my deciding to purchase at that time.

Mark
    Sarha and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarha View Post
    The price of its bigger brother is going to be raised. Same thing happened to the Co-pilot when Pilot was launched.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

My review of the Aeronaut 30 is up:

Gear Review: Tom Bihn Aeronaut 30 | One Bag, One World
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

HELP! Do I want a black dyneema a30. Or aubergine?

Any opinion on dyneema vs ballistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post

You want colors.
    Ilkyway likes this.

I am with thorn on the color-question. I do not know if you have any Auergine jet but the color is gourges. And if you are not wearing reds and oranges all day long this aubergine goes with many colors and looks classy while doing so.
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    My review of the Aeronaut 30 is up:

Gear Review: Tom Bihn Aeronaut 30 | One Bag, One World
    @Frank II I liked your inclusion in the list of reasons to get the Aeronaut 30 "–you just have to buy it because one of the color choices is Aubergine."

@WendyK Frank's review addresses your question:
    I'd love to see a photo of the two Aeronauts together for comparison purposes,
    By the way, in the Starting up the 24-hour countdown thread, @Tizi wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    Pulled the trigger on the duffle and a q-kit. Sweet. Aeronaut 30 is similar in size to my Tri Star, can't justify that purchase...yet.
    I've found that getting exactly the right size bag for your usage option can make a bigger difference than you think. I have the original Aeronaut, but transitioned to mainly using the Tri-Star. Part of the reason is the organization options for the central compartment, and part of this is due to the shorter/more compliant size. Reasons that I've been looking to try out a smaller Aeronaut, is that I want a bag that complies with regional and some more stringent international airline sizes, but that the Aeronaut design also has a lower weight/per volume than the Tri-Star (because of the single compartment design). With tablet and smaller laptop options, it's possible to travel without the need for the central compartment in some instances, but I still might need a size between Western Flyer and Tri-Star. The Western Flyer is great if you can mainly flat-pack items like clothing, but I end up needing to carry some items that aren't sized for flat-packing. Just my thoughts YMMV.
    Last edited by moriond; 06-30-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post

I went with Aubergine Ballistic Nylon over Black Dyneema on this. I do like Black Dyneema, and if I were getting an A45 I would totally get it in Black Dyneema/Wasabi. I should also add that after doing a bag swap with @Moosezilla so that I have a Nordic Dyneema Western Flyer, I think that is more awesome than I would have guessed from reading the product descriptions and user reviews.

But I still opted to get the Aubergine A30. Just my opinion here.

moriond

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0