• 1 Post By taminca
  • 1 Post By rabergnc
  • 3 Post By Moosezilla
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Tlacltme
  • 1 Post By Emily Shor

Thread: Kudos on TB's New Return Process

Kudos on TB's New Return Process

Since purchasing my first S19 in September 2013, I have been a TB devotee -- and yet I continue to be amazed and impressed with the company, their people, the bags and, most of all, the level of excellence in customer service that I can only hope my own organization will someday strive for!

A new (at least to me) feature and yet another indication of this excellence is the Return process on the TB website. It used to be that I went to the website to fill out a return form and then take the package to UPS for mailing back to Seattle, which from Northern California costs $12-$18. Now, there is a handy online form that TB's customers (US only, I think) can fill out and generate a prepaid UPS return label for which a flat rate of $10 is applied.

TB bags are so wonderful that I keep most of the bags I order but the return policy has always been generous, in my opinion, and the process painless. However, it's now even better. When a company takes that extra step to make it easier and less expensive for customers to RETURN their products, that company has me as a customer for life. Or as long as my money lasts. Thanks, TB!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Yay! I am so glad you like the new returns process. A bunch of the credit goes to UPS -- besides providing the actual technology/service, they were patient with us as we continually tweaked the user experience/utility/graphics of the return generating pop-up window.

We'll officially announce the new process on the blog sometime soon. Means a lot that you recognized us for it it before we even announced it. And I'll share this thread with our UPS rep as well.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yay! I am so glad you like the new returns process. A bunch of the credit goes to UPS -- besides providing the actual technology/service, they were patient with us as we continually tweaked the user experience/utility/graphics of the return generating pop-up window.

We'll officially announce the new process on the blog sometime soon. Means a lot that you recognized us for it it before we even announced it. And I'll share this thread with our UPS rep as well.
    Darcy, definitely Kudos to UPS, too! I was in and out of the UPS Store in a minute or even less. And that was with a line of 4 people waiting to be helped...but since I was simply dropping off a package, they took care of me right away. Awesome!
    -- David Whyte

If you wanted to return items from multiple orders, would you just list the other orders in the comment box?

Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    If you wanted to return items from multiple orders, would you just list the other orders in the comment box?
    That would be my guess, Leena. But it's best to ask TB via a call or email...or maybe Darcy will see this and respond.
    -- David Whyte

As one who has purchased and returned more TB items than I can (or want to) remember, this is exciting!!!! (Although it might further enable my habit....)
    taminca likes this.

Since UPS and TB are business partners, and since I work for UPS, does that make me *kind of* a part of the TB Crew?! Hehe!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    I think that would work! Just make sure to list the original order number with each item.
    Leena likes this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    As one who has purchased and returned more TB items than I can (or want to) remember, this is exciting!!!! (Although it might further enable my habit....)
    And if the NC in your location is North Carolina, TB just cut your return postage by half -- right? So...you can "try" even more TB bags now . Of course, that poses a different kind of difficulty for me...actually letting go of the bags!
    -- David Whyte

This is wonderfully, awesome news for someone like me who pretty much has to touch something in the flesh and do a practice pack to know if the item in question is the item for me...

THANK YOU THANK YOU TB Crew and UPS!
    Darcy likes this.

I found the process amazingly simple when I returned my Aeronaut in favor of a Tristar. I didn't know that it was new, since this was my first order - but kudos for introducing it, it made things very easy.
    Darcy likes this.

Very awesome!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0