seh

Question Pending Café Bag changes?

Are there are changes to the Café Bag design underway, or pending changes in color availability? In particular, I see the new Tom Bihn logo tags have been integrated into the Imago and the ID, and am wondering whether we'll see a Café Bag updated with the new tag.

I'm considering purchasing a Medium Café Bag in the next couple of months and just want to know how to pace my decision process.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi seh,

We will add the colors Kelly/Steel and Navy/Olive (or Navy/Wasabi) to the Cafe Bags in early 2007, and there is a chance that a couple current colors will not be returning in the next batch of Cafe bag (maybe Plum/Steel or Crimson/Steel).

We don't plan to use the Imago/ID label on the Cafe bag before mid-2007.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Possible modification to the Large Cafe Bag

Hi guys, a quick suggestion from me would be to make one of the straps that connects the main closure clips adjustable in length.

I had this done a while ago, and it's really good to be able to fit just a little more into the bag when necessary.

For example (and yes, I know the Large Cafe Bag is not technically a laptop bag, but this is just and example), unexpectedly work replaced my Dell D400 laptop with a D620 - the difference in thickness and in width is insignificant, but the D620 is widescreen, and so is about another 20 or 40 millimetres (an inch to an inch and a half for our imperial friends) longer. No problem for me 'cos of the adjustable length strap mod, but I checked when I got home and I would have been a bit stuck with the fixed length clip.

I understand that this would add complexity and probably cost, and that maybe I'm the only person who thinks it a good idea, but nevertheless, for your consideration.

Cheers,
    Cods
    Cheers,
    Cods

Quote Originally Posted by Cods View Post
    Hi guys, a quick suggestion from me would be to make one of the straps that connects the main closure clips adjustable in length.

I had this done a while ago, and it's really good to be able to fit just a little more into the bag when necessary.

For example (and yes, I know the Large Cafe Bag is not technically a laptop bag, but this is just and example), unexpectedly work replaced my Dell D400 laptop with a D620 - the difference in thickness and in width is insignificant, but the D620 is widescreen, and so is about another 20 or 40 millimetres (an inch to an inch and a half for our imperial friends) longer. No problem for me 'cos of the adjustable length strap mod, but I checked when I got home and I would have been a bit stuck with the fixed length clip.

I understand that this would add complexity and probably cost, and that maybe I'm the only person who thinks it a good idea, but nevertheless, for your consideration.

Cheers,
    Cods
    I second that suggestion! I bought the large Cafe bag to use with my MacBook, which fits great in it's soft cell sleevecase, but I'm upgrading to the MacBook Pro and it will be just a bit too long, but still ok in width. Would be great to be able to adjust the strap to accommodate.
    Just curious, what did you do to mod the strap?

I would like to purchase a khaki colored medium cafe bag since we're on the subject of changes.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

how about a longer flap to allow for a 17" laptop to fit? Meaning a laptop that is about 15" wide...bought my better half a new laptop and thought I would find her a new bag for it for Vday. I sent her here and she fell in love with the Cafe Bag...btw, it's an HP NX9420 (same one I got myself...).

The existing bag is plenty wide enough just not tall enough. Or is it?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0