Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: New colors: Kelly, French Blue, and Steel in the Cafe Bag

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Guys (& Ladies), what you think? Navy/Navy or Olive420d/Olive?
    I kinda wish to have a Navy420d/Navy. What you all think for a Small Cafe Bag?

I'm planning to do an experiment to hook the SCB up with my Vertical Brain Cell (through SCB's 2 Inner O-Ring; I'm gonna put Lower Module Pocket on hold), shall I got a SCB in the end.
    Pray hard that I won't change my mind again.

UPDATE: Or, should I go for a brighter Kelly or French Blue? Would it make me more kiddy?
    I don't think the Navy/Navy has a parapack exterior. I think it's Cordura. IMHO Kelly and FB are great colours but definitely on the "kiddy" side and harder to match IMO. If you want to play it really safe, I would recommend Navy/Navy... but if you want something more casual, can't go wrong with Olive pp.

What are you planning to do about the SCB strap, though? (Cut it off?) Also, if you are planning to load up the SCB with heavy-ish stuff and attach it using the O-rings, I am not sure how much weight the O-rings can take. Granted, the ribbon webbing attaching the O-rings is bar-tacked to the bag, but the ribbon used now is quite thin. Not to mention that the O-rings are, at the end of the day, just small pieces of plastic... D: D: D:
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-04-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Yeah, you are very correct about the O-Ring strength. Why I have not thought of such issue before. Thanks you @adalangdon.

I will give it a few more thoughts.
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

I can't help you with the colors, you'll have to follow your heart

I think adalangdon has a point regarding the strength of the o-rings, they are after all made to hold pouches and whatnots, not the weight of the whole bag.

May I suggest an alternative?

Get either a pair of Gatekeeper straps or a waist strap, I think the Gatekeepers are better as they are shorter and you would have less excess hanging around. Get a couple of annexe clips as well, I'm not sure if the Brain Cells come with them, you might wanna check.

Using the Gatekeeper clips, attach the ends of the Gatekeeper straps to the annexe clip attachment points on the Brain Cell, tighten up the straps all the way so that the straps are now flush with the body of the Brain Cell. I'm not sure how much excess will be hanging around, but Web Dominators or Velcro might be good to tie them up.

Using the annexe clips, attach the SCB's handle to the Gatekeeper Straps. I think the handle should be able to sustain the weight of the SCB more reliably.

I do not know how elegant this would be, or how well it would turn out, this is just a concept.

You might wanna wait for tpnl to suggest something, he's the modifications wizard ^.^

Thanks @icebeng for your suggestion.

I think Lower Module Pocket of Smart Alec is the best way to go for, for my organizing need - Vertical Brain Cell. After reading much, using SCB could be hassle and wouldn't be an elegant choice.
    I think it may "somehow" work - tweak here and there.

Thanks everyone.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0