Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Darcy

Thread: Tri-Star Backordered. Wait for Aeronaut mini?

Tri-Star Backordered. Wait for Aeronaut mini?

So I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the tri-star only to find out about the backorders until june. I need the dyneema version b/c of the reduced weight. I travel to europe and typically maximum weight is 8kg (17.6 pounds) and then others like brussels airlines only 6kg (13.2 pounds).

So with that said, do we have an ETA on the smaller aeronaut? Considering the tri-star is backordered for 2 months, I guess I could wait. I get that it may be backordered again then, but my trip isn't until the end of september.

Do we know if the aeronaut mini will be redesigned in any way or just smaller?

I've been waiting for the Aeronaut "mini" for several years with no word on it's progress. I wouldn't count on it being available in time for your September trip. Until Tom or Darcy make it official, for all we know it could still be a drawing board concept. I have a trip later this year and would love to purchase one for it myself, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Darcy has said the design is complete and is waiting for the Dyneema to be back in stock.

I would count on at least some design changes like the Pilot from the Co-Pilot. Otherwise, I don't think that there would have been such a wait for the new bag if they were just making it a few inches smaller in each dimension. (I kinda like the anticipation that comes from a bit of a wait...don't you?!)

Darcy has been way too quiet this pass week.
    I'm feeling an announcement is in the air shortly.
    <|:-)

I'm betting there's nothing more to say until a new batch of dyneema arrives from Japan and they get to sewing......
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    I'm betting there's nothing more to say until a new batch of dyneema arrives from Japan and they get to sewing......
    Exactly right. As soon as that happens… we've got some amazing new stuff to share with you guys.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Do you have an ETA? Or is that too personal a question?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I really like the TS but wonder what minor changes will be made to the smaller aeronaut. Ahh, I want it now!