Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon

We're temporarily out of our Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon fabrics. Our friends at the expert mill in Japan that weave and dye the fabric for us have already been hard at work for several weeks making more. Still, we're out, and that means for the short term, we won't be able to make more bags with those as linings or exteriors. Just to be extra sure we're clear: those colors aren't going away, we've just run out of them -- temporarily. That means that you'll see those colors as options removed from some bags (to appear again later most likely), or put out of stock with very far into the future ship dates (June, anyone?). Some bags won't be affected at all because we managed to save enough of those three colors to make production runs currently in progress (Aeronaut!)

Note this means that the debut of the smaller Aeronaut is also slightly delayed: the bag is done, we're just waiting to get more 200d Dyneema/nylon to line 'em with.

There is a silver (Dyneema? ha ha.. ehh..) lining to all of this: we're making limited production runs of the some accessories in 400d Dyneema/nylon in Black, Nordic, and Steel. Yup! This will be your one chance ever to order those bags in those fabrics, and they're up for pre-order now:

Travel Tray, Black and Nordic
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Black and Nordic
    Packing Cube Backpack (Aeronaut), Black, Nordic, and Steel
    Packing Cube Backpack (Tri-Star/Western Flyer), Black, Nordic, and Steel
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I immediately checked the veracity of this Nordic bombshell (it is April Fool's Day) and HOLY DREAM COME TRUE. I am pre-ordering ALL OF IT RIGHT NOW.

Cream (off-white-ish) might be a nice future dyneema color to consider, unless you have more neons coming our way (like orange!!!).
    Applie and mjmotal like this.

Any chance of Portable Culture tags on the limited edition? If so, I'm in (despite the lack of need)

Ok so that's one black and one Nordic travel tray on back order. I tried to justify a packing cube backpack, but... I have cubes coming out of my ears as it is...
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    Any chance of Portable Culture tags on the limited edition? If so, I'm in (despite the lack of need)
    And I'll second that hope if there is any remote chance...
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    And I'll second that hope if there is any remote chance...
    If we're tossing out ideas, then I also vote for the Nordic/Black/Steel key straps. They can't use much fabric right?? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    If we're tossing out ideas, then I also vote for the Nordic/Black/Steel key straps. They can't use much fabric right?? :-)
    Get thee behind me! (In the queue?)
    K9TB likes this.

NORDIC TT and PCSB?!?!?! Darcy, be forewarn that I will cry if this is an April Fool's trick....
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    NORDIC TT and PCSB?!?!?! Darcy, be forewarn that I will cry if this is an April Fool's trick....
    If it's an April fool it's a very serious one since the TB website has just taken my money (or at least credit card details) !

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    If it's an April fool it's a very serious one since the TB website has just taken my money (or at least credit card details) !
    Mine also! It is going to be such an excruciating wait til June...
    -- David Whyte

No fooling on this one.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No fooling on this one.

Hmmm,
    I think I'll still wait till tomorrow to put my order thru.
    :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Hmmm,
    I think I'll still wait till tomorrow to put my order thru.
    :-/
    I trust Darcy...but even if tomorrow reveals differently, I will still have hours tonight of joyful anticipation of Nordic goodies. Oh my!
    -- David Whyte

Oh yeah… if you're thinking about buying a bag soon and it's lined with Iberian, Wasabi, or Steel, and it's in stock as of now… we'd recommend ordering sooner rather than later, otherwise you might be in for a bit of a wait. Note specifically: Synapse 25s in a bunch of colors just went back into stock today.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0