Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I do not need another SE - I do not need another SE - I do not need another SE - I do not need another SE - I do not need another SE - I do not need another SE

(Has anybody been successful with chanting such unwelcome chants?)
    Nope. I only have four and there are three more on my "I need" list. Please understand need and want are interchangeable.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    . . . Please understand need and want are interchangeable.
    A SE navy/iberian parapack arrived yesterday (with a bunch of shop bags) to join my black dyneema/iberian + olive/UV.

I had requested swatches of the parapack when the fabric was announced. BUT, I was nicely surprised at how much I like the nsvy parapack color. It did not quite appreciate it looking at the small swatch.

Moose, you are so right. And I do "need" this bag in every pretty color it is made in. So I have the parapac navy/solar. But I saw a picture of the parapac navy/iberian and now I am looking for something to put in it. My 6 year old doughter asked me: "what are you doing with all thous bags. You don't have enough to put in it." As good observed as this was, there is a solution: find thinks to put in bags.

I never understood the need to collect thinks. But these SEs speak to the collecter in me.

I am babbling again, have to call psychiatrist... in which bag was the number again?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    A SE navy/iberian parapack arrived yesterday (with a bunch of shop bags) to join my black dyneema/iberian + olive/UV.
    @Walker Was the Side Effect ever available in Black Dyneema/Iberian? I know they made it in Black Ballistic Nylon/Iberian and Black 400d Dyneema/Wasabi, but if this interesting color combination was offered, I missed it. Or are you speaking of your Black 400d Dyneema/Iberian Little Swift + Olive Parapack/Ultraviolet Side Effect in that last sentence?

moriond

@moriond - my bad! - My SE is black dyneema/wasabi. I keep wishing some magic star dust turn the wasabi lining to iberian .

I used my new SE navy parapack/iberian today roaming around town. Love it - but did not take photos.

I am wondering, since I see lots of sails in colorful shades, if we will see TB bags in colorful parapack fabric in the future.

The Little Swift, in particular, would be nice in parapack, I think. And if it came in sping colors - ohhhhh!

I would LOVE an SE in black dyneema w/iberian lining. I keep hoping if I wait long enough, the crew will take pity on me because I've not seen a glimpse of iberian on the exterior . . .

I bit the bullet and ordered the TT, PCSB and Aeronaut PCBP!

My first venture into another colour with TB. Everything I have is black & wasabi!

This will come just in time for my trip in June!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're temporarily out of our Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon fabrics.
    Note this means that the debut of the smaller Aeronaut is also slightly delayed: the bag is done, we're just waiting to get more 200d Dyneema/nylon to line 'em with.

There is a silver (Dyneema? ha ha.. ehh..) lining to all of this: we're making limited production runs of the some accessories in 400d Dyneema/nylon in Black, Nordic, and Steel. Yup! This will be your one chance ever to order those bags in those fabrics, and they're up for pre-order now:
    Name:  106036210.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  60.1 KB

Hi Darcy!

I love the steel Dyneema on the bags interior (probably will love even more in silver!) but I hope, in the next batch of fabric, you will consider making Aeronaut packing cubes in more contrasting colors, specially in WASABI!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    You are out of dyneema stock. Why can't bags be made without dyneema? You know, like the old days with the normal array of colors?
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post

Hi Darcy!

I love the steel Dyneema on the bags interior (probably will love even more in silver!) but I hope, in the next batch of fabric, you will consider making Aeronaut packing cubes in more contrasting colors, specially in WASABI!!
    @eWalker Love the included picture! For background information, this is a request that has been made several times in the past. The only time that packing cubes in a color other than steel were briefly offered was a short period when Solar, the second Dyneema material to be used for bag linings, debuted for the very first time. I'm guessing that it adds an extra level of complexity to anticipating the demand and usage for these specialty fabrics, which require custom orders from Japan, with additional lead time for the manufacturing. Until they started offering the current range of custom-color Dyneema accessories (travel stuff sack, Packing Cube Shoulder Bags and Backpacks, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes, etc.) we didn't have these kinds of notices of running out of certain colors of Dyneema. The first year this happened was the year they introduced Wasabi Dyneema, and also introduce the Aubergine (Ballistic Nylon)/Wasabi color pairing, along with more Dyneema accessories you could order in color. That year they ran short of Wasabi and Iberian. I've informally noticed that the frequency with which bags go on back-order increases in years/times when they introduce new products and/or fabrics (like parapack), and are less able to predict or extrapolate what the user demand will be. This is separate from the unexpected contributors to peaks in demand, like the Carryology award to the Synapse 25 for best Carryon bag, and the MacWorld review of the Synapse 25, both earlier this year. And I expect to see fallout from WireCutter's selection of the Tri-Star as best non-roller carryon bag.

Remember, these are all factors in Darcy's response on when we'll be able to order the smaller Aeronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @eWalker Love the included picture! For background information, this is a request that has been made several times in the past. The only time that packing cubes in a color other than steel were briefly offered was a short period when Solar, the second Dyneema material to be used for bag linings, debuted for the very first time.
    Remember, these are all factors in Darcy's response on when we'll be able to order the smaller Aeronaut.
    @moriond Thanks for the comment! I am trying to catch up with Tom Bihnīs background through the Forums, but this is such a titanic task! I understand that making no concessions on material quality has a price, and that is what has contributed to build the name of Tom Bihn Bags to this point where we rather wait then shop elsewhere.

I was encouraged by Tom remarks on several product descriptions about how important was forums requests on products modifications. So I tryed to second the request for wasabi interior with something eye catching, and salmon just got me thinking about Dyneema, because of the white stripes... one thing led to the other! And the taste was good too!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 04-23-2014 at 06:42 PM.

I didn't think I'd be a fan of Iberian dyneema although I'm a red fan. I LOVE my quarter clear packing cube thing in Iberian dyneema. It is so pretty. Bravo, bravo (although Ultraviolet is still my favorite)

Hi Darcy!

Sorry Darcy...

I just found out that what I want is already available:

Volunteer Moderator
    Sorry Darcy...

I just found out that what I want is already available:

@eWalker Ah, yes… I thought you were requesting that all packing cubes for the Aeronaut (and possibly other travel bags) be available in all colors of Dyneema. The situation is that packing cubes that are designed to do double-duty functions for use both inside and outside travel bags -- the Packing Cube Backpack and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag items you linked -- are available in other colors of Dyneema. It is only the packing cubes designed entirely for use only as packing inside travel bags like the Aeronaut, Tri-Star, and Western Flyer that are only available for purchase in the steel color of Dyneema (although, as I mentioned in my earlier post, there was once a very brief period of time when you could purchase even these packing cubes in Solar Dyneema.).

Please note that packing cubes used inside travel bags are made of the lighter weight 200d Dyneema, while starting in October 2012 they introduced 400d Dyneema in Steel and Nordic for use as exterior fabrics in bags, followed by the introduction of Black 400d Dyneema one year later. The Nordic and Black Dyneema colors only exist in the heavier weight Dyneema fabric, and are not meant for use as packing cubes or travel trays inside of bags, although some customers have requested this for Nordic.

As announced by Darcy much earlier in the present thread, because of temporarily running out of the other colors of 200d Dyneema, they are making special production runs of Packing Cube Backpack (for Tri-Star and for the Aeronaut) and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in the 400d Dyneema colors of Nordic, Black, and Steel, and of the Travel Trays in 400d Nordic and Black Dyneema. In other words, your listed color option of "Nordic" for the Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack and Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and also for the Travel Tray accessory that you did not list, is only available for a limited production run, unless there is a future change in manufacturing policy.

HTH. moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    As announced by Darcy much earlier in the present thread, because of temporarily running out of the other colors of 200d Dyneema, they are making special production runs of Packing Cube Backpack (for Tri-Star and for the Aeronaut) and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in the 400d Dyneema colors of Nordic, Black, and Steel, and of the Travel Trays in 400d Nordic and Black Dyneema. In other words, your listed color option of "Nordic" for the Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack and Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and also for the Travel Tray accessory that you did not list, is only available for a limited production run, unless there is a future change in manufacturing policy.

HTH. moriond
    @moriond I saw that! it made my head spin! I was planing to buy a complete TB Maximum carry-on travel set (Aeronaut + packing cubes + convertible packing cubes + travel tray + Guardian light + whistle + many other small organizers) in June, hoping that the Small Aeronaut will be available soon enough to be included on this order, to save on shipping, but now I am afraid to not order now and miss the opportunity to buy the convertible packing cubes in 400d Dyneema!
    Last edited by eWalker; 04-26-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0