Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon

Well, Darcy, can you tell us a little more about the little Aeronaut. Maybe if we fall in love, we can preorder.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

It's still a tad strange that the largest "out of stock" memo in recent Tom Bihn history just happens to coincide with today's date.
    :-/

But,
    If this is not a lucid dream, I second the thought of a brief "Portable Culture" come back on this limited run.
    :-)
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 04-01-2014 at 05:26 PM.

If they're out of so much material, maybe the Little Aeronaut will come as a patchwork!

ERMAHGERD. Just place an order for the PCSB and TT in Nordic and a double organizer pouch. This is a dream come true....I did show some self restraint and didn't order the Nordic Aeronaut PCBP. I may change my mind. And I'm still trying to justify an order for a Nordic Synapse 19 when I already have one in olive/steel. Still madly in love with my Nordic/steel WF and small Nordic shop bag. Ahhhhhh, Nordic.
    Hollie and kkintea like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    It's still a tad strange that the largest "out of stock" memo in recent Tom Bihn history just happens to coincide with today's date.
    :-/

But,
    If this is not a lucid dream, I second the thought of a brief "Portable Culture" come back on this limited run.
    :-)
    Yeah… I did think about waiting to post this until tomorrow but wanted to make sure to give everyone a head's up as soon as I could before more Steel, Iberian, or Wasabi things (or lined things) go on backorder. Plus, what could top this?!

No return of the Portable Culture label is on the horizon (I think we're out, anyway).
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    ERMAHGERD. Just place an order for the PCSB and TT in Nordic and a double organizer pouch. This is a dream come true....I did show some self restraint and didn't order the Nordic Aeronaut PCBP. I may change my mind. And I'm still trying to justify an order for a Nordic Synapse 19 when I already have one in olive/steel. Still madly in love with my Nordic/steel WF and small Nordic shop bag. Ahhhhhh, Nordic.
    I can't wait to see the Travel Tray in Nordic (and the Packing Cube Backpack in Black Dyneema -- I'm definitely claiming one of those). As soon as we have samples… I'll take some photos and post 'em here.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

ERMAHGERD x2!!! Darcy...I think I love you.
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    If we're tossing out ideas, then I also vote for the Nordic/Black/Steel key straps. They can't use much fabric right?? :-)
    Count me in for these key straps, too!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yeah… I did think about waiting to post this until tomorrow but wanted to make sure to give everyone a head's up as soon as I could before more Steel, Iberian, or Wasabi things (or lined things) go on backorder. Plus, what could top this?!

No return of the Portable Culture label is on the horizon (I think we're out, anyway).
    I'm going to paraphrase my recent quote in yesterday's Does Tom Bihn really exist and what does he look like? thread to go back to the original version: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

Umm, Darcy, as long as you're making like a fairy godmother and taking requests: is there any chance that you'll finally make the regular size Shop Bag in Iberian, once you get restocked in 200d Iberian Dyneema? I haven't wanted to request this since the last time I asked and you said that you were thinking of discontinuing that size Shop Bag! (Even when you relented and released the Ultraviolet Shop Bag, I've still been nervous).

Thanks,

moriond
    Walker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Umm, Darcy, as long as you're making like a fairy godmother and taking requests: is there any chance that you'll finally make the regular size Shop Bag in Iberian, once you get restocked in 200d Iberian Dyneema? I haven't wanted to request this since the last time I asked and you said that you were thinking of discontinuing that size Shop Bag! (Even when you relented and released the Ultraviolet Shop Bag, I've still been nervous).
    Regular size shop bag? I thought they came in small or large...? If you mean the small shop bag, I will absolutely squee if they finally release a small shop bag in Iberian!!!!
    DESPERATELY SEEKING: Black/Iberian Western Flyer, AND Black/Iberian Citizen Canine
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Iberian PCBP, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Iberian Travel Stuff Sacks (all 4 sizes), Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're temporarily out of our Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon fabrics. Our friends at the expert mill in Japan that weave and dye the fabric for us have already been hard at work for several weeks making more. Still, we're out, and that means for the short term, we won't be able to make more bags with those as linings or exteriors. Just to be extra sure we're clear: those colors aren't going away, we've just run out of them -- temporarily. That means that you'll see those colors as options removed from some bags (to appear again later most likely), or put out of stock with very far into the future ship dates (June, anyone?). Some bags won't be affected at all because we managed to save enough of those three colors to make production runs currently in progress (Aeronaut!)

Note this means that the debut of the smaller Aeronaut is also slightly delayed: the bag is done, we're just waiting to get more 200d Dyneema/nylon to line 'em with.

There is a silver (Dyneema? ha ha.. ehh..) lining to all of this: we're making limited production runs of the some accessories in 400d Dyneema/nylon in Black, Nordic, and Steel. Yup! This will be your one chance ever to order those bags in those fabrics, and they're up for pre-order now:

Travel Tray, Black and Nordic
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Black and Nordic
    Packing Cube Backpack (Aeronaut), Black, Nordic, and Steel
    Packing Cube Backpack (Tri-Star/Western Flyer), Black, Nordic, and Steel

Outside of the color choice of the above "limited edition" offering,
    one thing I would be looking forward to would be the extra heft / stiffness that the 400 dyneema would provide.
    (Yes, just when I thought I could a break for a little while of refreshing the shopping cart function.)

Hmmm,
    This doesn't feel like Kansas any more,
    I better not tap my heels three times.

Okey, I just placed jet another order. But I love this nordic dynemma so much!

If I could get a wish fullfiled it would be a Smart Alac like this: The Orphaned Smart Alec from bchaplin. We are five persons in this houshold. So far a have (some are pending) one Backpack for every back now. So it is time for a second round as bag ups, isn't it.

Ilkyway
    Janine likes this.

urk! I really want a PCBP in Wasabi, but I don't know whether I need to order one for my Tri-Star and the Western Flyer that may be in my future, or if I should wait to see what might fit in the Juniornaut. Western Flyer or Juniornaut? Indecision is a beast.

Half an hour later, I broke down and ordered the Western Flyer and a PCBP.
    Last edited by snowbot; 04-02-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Patience is not one of my virtues.

"Note this means that the debut of the smaller Aeronaut is also slightly delayed: the bag is done, we're just waiting to get more 200d Dyneema/nylon to line 'em with."

Seriously? You couldn't just put us out of our misery now? I need to know if this bag is going to work for my travels this summer!

I think there is now a new acronym coming up,

"DLEFS"

Darcy's limited edition flash sale.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0