Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By thorn

Thread: How often do color selections change? Does it depend on the item?

How often do color selections change? Does it depend on the item?

I really want a solid color (preferably black) Little Swift that doesn't have purple inside or outside which are currently the only choices. How often do the color selections change? Does it go by product? It seems that the Little Swift has fewer choices than a lot of the other bags- does that mean they rotate the colors more often? If my search was correct, the current palette was introduced at the end of October. I've been checking every day, sometimes twice a day, to see if there is a different selection, and meanwhile I've been purchasing a lot of the accessories so once I do buy a LS, I'll be able to pimp it out.

Well, I also check product availability and there's been a lot of changes today. 420D parapack options that were on backorder have disappeared from various organizer cube styles, and the Iberian Shop Bag (also formerly on backorder) also vanished. For a while, the LS was completely unavailable. I've discovered (through some trial and error), that I prefer UV as an outer color (like in the PCBP) or in small accessories, and not as a liner color. I have a Steel/Steel Dyneema LS from December 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Well, I also check product availability and there's been a lot of changes today. 420D parapack options that were on backorder have disappeared from various organizer cube styles, and the Iberian Shop Bag (also formerly on backorder) also vanished. For a while, the LS was completely unavailable. I've discovered (through some trial and error), that I prefer UV as an outer color (like in the PCBP) or in small accessories, and not as a liner color. I have a Steel/Steel Dyneema LS from December 2012.
    I share your thinking on accessory color. As lovely as it appears to me when the main bag interior and its accessories share the same color palette, it's more useful to me if the accessories are of contrasting colors. It makes it easier for me to spot what I need.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I would tend to think they could pre-cut all colors for the outsides of bag and insides of bags and keep them each in a ziplock, labeled which bag they are for. Then they could offer us the option of choice for outer color and inner color instead of what is only in stock. This may slow down production and delivery a little but it would give people more color combination choices.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    See this….
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0