Like Tree12Likes
  • 11 Post By PaulT00
  • 1 Post By ceepee

Thread: Now I *know* I'm addicted...

Talking Now I *know* I'm addicted...

I've received yesterday one of my latest acquisitions from eBay - a mint condition Ristretto for iPad, in Aubergine.

Now I have to say I've not previously been a purple person... but it looked such a lovely rich colour that I bid on the Aubergine/steel one instead of the Cardinal/steel one the same seller was also auctioning. And in the flesh (nylon?) it is a gorgeous colour - not, perhaps, one I would want lots of luggage in, but a rich and lovely (and surprisingly masculine!) shade which isn't too in-your-face yet still manages to be quite distinctive.

So. You may be wondering - how does a purchase of a Ristretto for iPad in Aubergine prove without a doubt that I am addicted to TB?

I don't, actually, yet own an iPad.

I think I may need help!
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

PaulT00, great decision to go with Aubergine!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    So. You may be wondering - how does a purchase of a Ristretto for iPad in Aubergine prove without a doubt that I am addicted to TB?

I don't, actually, yet own an iPad.
    No, you're doing things in the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I think I may need help!
    With what color to get next?

Perhaps Navy/Crimson?

Hey PaulT00,
    Glad you like it, I believe it was mine .... sold on eBay by my partner Michael. It's a really lovely bag and I was reluctant to let it go but eventually decided it was overkill for an iPad Mini. At least it's gone to a good home

There are many type of iPad but there is only one Tom Bihn Ristretto and TB items colors rotatate, so when one find a bag, one's love in a color that one can resist, one gets a bag that will last longer than any electronic device.

Now, there are many generations iPad, you might want to play with some at the nearest Apple Store or head over to your local Apple Users' Group and get a pre-owned one which has been pampered but need to be rehomed because, like TB bags, Apple devices multiply.

Family members who are not Apple or TB enthusiasts, afficionados might use another word for us and our lovelies.

The best way to counter that is to give lectures on both, lengthy ones are even better, because the housemate is most likely to say: "nevermind!"

Furthermore, loving beautiful and well made bags, writing instruments, electronic devices is not an addiction because addiction is negative and destructive.

We all need electronic instruments to communicate, work, volunteer, be engaged with our fellow humans; we need bags to carry said tech tools and our stuff; we have a choice between writing with cheap ballpoints which have been handled by people who have been who knows where or have dropped the thing on the floor and it was stepped on by who knows what or smooth writing instruments which are pleasing to the eye and customized to our grip.

Nobody talks about foodies addictions but, it is the same thing, people who like food pleasing to the eye and the palate. Why go to a gourmet bakery instead of buying packaged pastries? That is the same concept.

I like that foodie comparison

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Hey PaulT00,
    Glad you like it, I believe it was mine .... sold on eBay by my partner Michael. It's a really lovely bag and I was reluctant to let it go but eventually decided it was overkill for an iPad Mini. At least it's gone to a good home
    When I saw the address, I did wonder if the seller was your other half! There can't be *that* many TB bag owners in that small corner of the world! Yes, I love it - and, as with the other bags I've bought from you on eBay, it's in fantastic condition.

Now all I need is to buy the iPad to go with it...
    Last edited by PaulT00; 03-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

I'm sure you'll get an iPad soon - I love mine (I'm on my 3rd!). If you're on a budget, the "refurb" section of the Apple online store is always worth a look - it's where I got my first MacBook Air. They're usually machines that were returned within the 30-day limit, so they're practically brand new, and at a substantial discount.

BTW, envious of the aubergine loveliness, too! I only have an iPad Mini now, so the Ristretto seemed like overkill - instead I settled for an MCB in plum...
    Last edited by scribe; 03-28-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

@scribe - thanks for the pointer to the Apple refurb section. I'll have a look...

Really, I know exactly what I want - an iPad Air, plus a Logitech ultrathin keyboard/cover. The only questions are which memory size and whether to go for wifi-only or cellular+wifi. I'd *like* a 128GB with cellular+wifi (natch!) but funding limitations may rule that out... besides which, in locations where I tend to spend my time needing mobile Internet access, every extant cellular provider has at best patchy coverage. It irritates the heck out of me that with my iPhone 4S on Vodafone, over half the 2.5 hour train journey from Bristol to London (which I do at least every couple of weeks) has no coverage. 3 do slightly better (I have a USB dongle I use with my laptop) but have curious and infuriating dead spots in the strangest locations (just near Swindon, for example, is a complete dropout zone, and the connection won't stay up for more than 2 minutes at a time between Slough and London). Nobody else seems any better! So what's the point in having cellular access, when half the time it won't have coverage when I need it?

Sigh. (to quote Yul Brynner as the King of Siam) "Is A Puzzlement!"

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0