Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator

Double Organizer Pouch

The Double Organizer Pouch looks very smart! I like the idea of being able to use it to carry a phone phone in the area with the clear urethane (front), and the use the side with the fabric (back) as a wallet.

Please forgive the silly question:

What is the difference between a Clear Organizer Wallet and the new Double Organizer Pouch? They seem very similar.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Clear Organizer wallet is smaller, and only has one compartment with dividers. The double organizer has 2 separate compartments.

The many uses of the DOP, Part 1:

1. Minimalist Wallet

Name:  iphone.jpg
Views: 2340
Size:  113.4 KB

2. Minimalist+Keys Wallet

Name:  keys.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  111.8 KB

3. Cosmetics Pouch

Name:  misc.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  100.6 KB

4. Emergency Kit

Name:  emergency.jpg
Views: 2336
Size:  119.3 KB

5. International Travel Pouch

Name:  travel.jpg
Views: 2331
Size:  116.5 KB
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

The many uses of the DOP, Part 2:

6. Photo Gear Pouch

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 2307
Size:  101.5 KB

7. Music-on-the-Go Pouch

Name:  ipod.jpg
Views: 2312
Size:  94.4 KB

8. Coffee and Tea Valet

Name:  coffee.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  127.3 KB

9. Cords and Chargers Pouch

Name:  chargers.jpg
Views: 2301
Size:  100.7 KB

10. Business Travel Pouch

Name:  business.jpg
Views: 2218
Size:  108.6 KB

Unfortunately, I only bought ONE DOP!!! TB, please hurry up with Dyneema and Cordura DOPs.
    Last edited by taminca; 03-28-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Edited to add Uses #8 and #9, and then #10 just for Moose
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    awesome pictures, taminca!

Yes, awesome, your suggested uses creative, and the pix helpful!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

You had me at coffee and tea valet.

Clearly I didn't buy enough! I have ONE on the way! Awesome photo set.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post

Unfortunately, I only bought ONE DOP!!! TB, please hurry up with Dyneema and Cordura DOPs.
    Yes, more color/fabric options, please! Thanks for the photos, taminca!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Please forgive the silly question:

What is the difference between a Clear Organizer Wallet and the new Double Organizer Pouch? They seem very similar.
    To add to @sturbridge's description, the Double Organizer Pouch is the same size as the small organizer pouch (at least, with regard to the size of the larger pocket that extends the full height of the pouch; the height of the smaller pocket looks to be similar to, or only slightly larger than the height of the mini organizer pouch), while the Clear Organzier Wallet is the same size as the mini organizer pouch. They are also aimed at slightly different usage purposes, since the Ultrasuede dividers of the Clear Organizer Wallet are good for providing extra padding/protection as well as serving as dividers. For example, if you are carrying earrings or small electronics components with parts that you want cushioned by the Ultrasuede, and don't want to lose the parts or have them easily roll away, or if you have different categories of SD cards and want to organize them by source category using the Ultrasuede dividers, then the Clear Organizer Wallets are really good for those purposes.

I can also distinguish my Clear Organizer Wallets tactilely by type of fabric as well as by color of the divider flaps or by the colors of the fabric -- since my wallets are of Cork, Ultrasuede, Hemp, Ballistic Nylon, Cordura, and Dyneema. The Double Organizer Wallets are only currently available in the four Parapack colors (olive, steel, navy, and black), so there aren't as many options for contrasting fabric/color through the clear pocket. However, this was a great response to the request for larger versions of the Clear Organizer Wallet, since for a lot of purposes you don't need the Ultrasuede for the divider, and the sizing choice is just right. (Great choice of the iPhone 5 for a size estimate on the lower pocket, by the way.) About the only request this didn't fully address was the query from people who found that the Tom Bihn label tag not block the usable clear area when the wallet was used to hold transit passes or IDs, but this design at least minimizes the obstructed area since the bottom pocket area is longer, so cards can be slid to the right side with less obstruction. getting more of the window clear would require a shorter tag and/or the ability to sew this on in the vertical direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Clearly I didn't buy enough! I have ONE on the way! Awesome photo set.
    I completely agree. Awesome pictures @taminca. I added this to a backorder. I wasn't fast enought to get this into an order that shipped yesterday.
    eWalker likes this.

taminca, that's 9 enabler points for you.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Nice shots taminca!

It's very obvious that the four I just added to an existing order aren't going to be enough.
    :-/

Darcy,
    Hmmm,
    Now that we have a double decker pouch,
    When is the triple decker coming?
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 03-28-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Damnit, I didn't really NEED to place another order, but somehow, I just bought 2. And a nordic shop back since I wasn't sure how long they'd exist. (And a male half of the buckle for my colleague's Super Ego since he's the one who first mentioned Tom Bihn to me, and his buckle broke after 7ish years....)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    taminca, that's 9 enabler points for you.
    Moose
    Moose, I added #10 just for you... One should never settle for a 9!

Edited to add (in case my boss sees this): Yes, I was at the Disneyland Hotel this week for a business conference. Arrived, gave a presentation, talked with some people, left for the airport. That's it! No Mickey Mouse, no rides, no fun whatsoever!
    Last edited by taminca; 03-28-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    Moose and RDR3 like this.
    -- David Whyte

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0