Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree495Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks, Ilkyway. That is a really nice thought, but there are so many kind, creative, helpful and ENABLING members on this Forum. I am glad I can contribute back.
    Yes, but @taminca you take really great pictures -- not just beautifully composed, but you really come up with great ideas of how to put things together in ways that work. These provide visual inspiration for other forum members who are trying to think about creative uses.

I was initially waffling on the larger sized DOPs, but I like being able to consolidate and still be organized. For example, there are 10 pouches currently in my Co-Pilot -- I think I can get that down to 5 and have fewer tangled key straps to deal with. Will re-organize, take some photos and report back.
    10 pouches in a co-pilot! Doesn't that make it harder to find things? I totally understand pouch frenzy though and I had to scale back myself. I used to use several mini OPs, but that just made everything more complicated. I've since consolidated everything into a maxpedition micro organizer that I had lying around, but I'm considering getting a small double OP instead for ease of access. I think all my stuff should fit in the small: skeletool multitool, small flashlight, sharpie, lip balm, small baggie with meds, thumb drive, lighter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I like photo 10.

I also have one of those coffee drippers. It works really well.
    Thanks taminca
    Moose
    taminca likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

@taminca, thank you so much for this helpful—and fun—series of photos. I just placed an order for both a small and a medium Double OP, but after seeing your photos, I'm thinking maybe I should add about eight more of the mediums to my back order. As a tea drinker, I especially like #6. Can you tell me what brand immersion heater you use, and where you found it? I also need to keep my eye out for those disposable tea filter papers. Right now, if I'm traveling by car and have plenty of room, I've got a tea kit that I carry in a Travel Sack. It has a Bodum mini-electric kettle in it, but obviously even as much of a Targus/Hermione bag the Double OP may be, I'm not going to be able to squeeze a kettle in there; not even a mini one! So for those times when I don't have room to lug around the kettle, an immersion heater may be the way to go.

~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    In a convertible packing cube backpack of the WF/Tri-Star sort, one could fit a whole Medium Double Organizer Pouch inside a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag into the diagonally slashed zippered pocket. I think you'd have to let the Medium Double Organizer Pouch curve slightly if you insert it into the bottom zippered pocket of an Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack. (This works much better with the 400d Dyneema varieties).
    I ran out of time this weekend, but wanted to also photograph the Medium DOP used in different TB bags. Will do so today or tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, @moriond!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @taminca
    They're awesome! Did you have fun doing the shoot? Hope you did!
    Thanks, @icebeng. It WAS very fun. I had to draw the line somewhere, though, and did not allow myself to go out and BUY things just so I could photograph them in the DOP
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    10 pouches in a co-pilot! Doesn't that make it harder to find things?
    Nope. I know EXACTLY where everything is since each pouch serves a different purpose
    icebeng likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I like photo 10.
    Ditto! I was looking around the house for idea #10 when I saw my mini-stockpile of airplane booze. Hurray for those free drink coupons!
    Moose likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    As a tea drinker, I especially like #6. Can you tell me what brand immersion heater you use, and where you found it? I also need to keep my eye out for those disposable tea filter papers. Right now, if I'm traveling by car and have plenty of room, I've got a tea kit that I carry in a Travel Sack. It has a Bodum mini-electric kettle in it, but obviously even as much of a Targus/Hermione bag the Double OP may be, I'm not going to be able to squeeze a kettle in there; not even a mini one! So for those times when I don't have room to lug around the kettle, an immersion heater may be the way to go.
    Hi, Nancy. The T-Sac I bought on Amazon (Amazon.com: T-Sac Disposable Paper Filter Tea Bags, Size 2, 100-Count: Kitchen & Dining). As for the immersion heater, I do not recall what brand it is. I bought it a long time ago at my local travel store -- Holloway Travel Outfitters (in their own way, JUST as dangerous to my bank account as TB). They do list it on their website but not with a brand. The link is Voltage Valet Beverage Heater/Immersion Rod - PackingLight.com. It works well and does get the water to boiling but is SLOW.
    Last edited by taminca; 05-12-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    ncb4 and eWalker like this.
    -- David Whyte

Really fabulous and creative. Thank you Taminca!

Hi, Nancy. The T-Sac I bought on Amazon (Amazon.com: T-Sac Disposable Paper Filter Tea Bags, Size 2, 100-Count: Kitchen & Dining). As for the immersion heater, I do not recall what brand it is. I bought it a long time ago at my local travel store -- Holloway Travel Outfitters (in their own way, JUST as dangerous to my bank account as TB). They do list it on their website but not with a brand. The link is Voltage Valet Beverage Heater/Immersion Rod - PackingLight.com. It works well and does get the water to boiling but is SLOW.
    Thank you again: this time for going to the trouble of tracking down these links for me. Tea lovers, unite!

~Nancy

Tam, you are famous! Some of your pix of the MDOPs are posted on the blog! Congrats!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Tam, you are famous! Some of your pix of the MDOPs are posted on the blog! Congrats!
    WOO HOO!!!
    -- David Whyte

Wow Taminca. Really nice. I liked your last one the best. Thank you so very much.
    eWalker likes this.
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut, TB packing cubes and accessories.

I loved the FAK taminca put together so I made one of my own. It is still a work in progress but it feels like a good start.
    Name:  FAK2.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  FAK1.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  34.1 KB

Moose
    Eeek, sorry for the lousy phone photos.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0