Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Uses of the Medium DOP, Part 2

1. Vehicle Documents Pouch

Name:  taminca5.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  395.8 KB

California DMV's car registration document fits perfectly in the front, clear pocket, as does the insurance slip (which I folded to avoid posting secured info). My car's service record booklet and other warrantee, service and emergency information all fit in the back pocket.

2. Travel Documents and Receipts Pouch

Name:  taminca6.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  415.0 KB

I used documents from my trip to Niagara Falls last year. Reservations go into the back pocket, and receipts and Passport are in the front.

3. In-flight Comfort Pouch

Name:  taminca7.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  347.0 KB

I don't have a sleep mask and, instead, found a spa eye mask filled with beads so it's pretty bulky, but had no problem putting it into the back pocket. In the front is an inflatable neck pillow and two sets of ear plugs.

4. Travel Laundry Pouch

Name:  taminca8.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  457.2 KB

Because I tend to travel with lots of wool clothing, my travel kit includes the mesh netting from a stacking sweater drying rack and 2 travel clotheslines.

5. Non-liquid Toiletries Pouch

Name:  taminca9.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  418.1 KB

This is self-explanatory. Note the Salux nylon wash cloth in the back pocket – I never leave home without it!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Uses of the Medium DOP, Part 3

6. Coffee and Tea Valet

Name:  taminca10.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  346.9 KB

Name:  taminca11.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  271.8 KB

In the back pocket are: four 1.5oz air-tight, lock-seal, flip-top containers (1 with an herbal tea blend and 3 with ground coffee); collapsible coffee dripper; cone filters for coffee; T-Sac disposable paper filter tea bags; travel immersion water heater; and a pop-up natural sponge for cleaning. A nice feature is that I do not have to cut the wood coffee stirrers for them to fit in the pouch!

7. Camera Accessories Pouch

Name:  taminca12.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  317.0 KB

Name:  taminca13.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  326.7 KB

All the filters, cleaning cloths and accessories I usually store in a Clear Quarter Packing Cube and 2 Clear Organizer Pouches I can fit into just one Medium Double Organizer Pouch.
    -- David Whyte

Uses of the Medium DOP, Part 4

8. Entertainment Pouch

Name:  taminca14.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  332.2 KB

In the above photo, the Kindle Paperwhite in rooCase fits nicely into the back pocket. Bose 20i noise canceling earbuds and iPod in the front.

As shown in the photos below, I have an older-model portable DVD player that is quite bulky, but it can fit into the back pocket. And I was able to add the 8-disk collection of Harry Potter films into the front pocket. Although, I realized later that I put the Blu-Ray disks in there instead of DVDs

Name:  taminca15.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  414.3 KB

Name:  taminca16.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  260.8 KB
    -- David Whyte

Uses of the Medium DOP, Part 5

9. Emergency Kit

Name:  taminca17.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  474.9 KB

Yup… all that actually can fit inside the pouch!

Name:  taminca18.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  323.6 KB

Name:  taminca19.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  174.8 KB

10. The OTHER Emergency Kit

What can I say? There are emergencies…and there are EMERGENCIES!

Name:  taminca20.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  486.5 KB

Name:  taminca21.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  304.9 KB
    -- David Whyte

taminca this is so well thought through and carried out! Thank you so much for all the work you put in this. I so much like to get a good feeling for something I have to buy from over see. Your pictures made this so easy.
    THANK YOU!
    taminca likes this.

I think @taminca deserves a gazillion enabler points for these posts!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    6. Coffee and Tea Valet
    These are awesome photos - you are very creative! OK - I would really like to know where to get that collapsible coffee drip apparatus. That is much easier to travel with than a ceramic coffee filter holder. Thanks for sharing these images!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    These are awesome photos - you are very creative! OK - I would really like to know where to get that collapsible coffee drip apparatus. That is much easier to travel with than a ceramic coffee filter holder. Thanks for sharing these images!
    Thanks, GoStanford! I bought the Cuissential SlickDrip from Amazon. Love it! Link is Amazon.com: Cuissential SlickDrip - Collapsible Silicone Coffee Dripper, Filter Cone: Kitchen & Dining
    -- David Whyte

Thanks, GoStanford!
    I appreciate the recommendation. I am also glad there is somebody awake in this time zone because I like reading new posts when I refresh this screen! I have a couple of DOPs coming eventually (with some backordered stuff) and although I wasn't originally excited about clear pouches (mostly due to my tactile preference for other material) I really like the look of this item.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I appreciate the recommendation. I am also glad there is somebody awake in this time zone because I like reading new posts when I refresh this screen! I have a couple of DOPs coming eventually (with some backordered stuff) and although I wasn't originally excited about clear pouches (mostly due to my tactile preference for other material) I really like the look of this item.
    I was initially waffling on the larger sized DOPs, but I like being able to consolidate and still be organized. For example, there are 10 pouches currently in my Co-Pilot -- I think I can get that down to 5 and have fewer tangled key straps to deal with. Will re-organize, take some photos and report back.
    -- David Whyte

taminca I just thought they should make you an honorable Tom-Bihn-Crew-Member.

Thanks, GoStanford! I bought the Cuissential SlickDrip from Amazon. Love it! Link is Amazon.com: Cuissential SlickDrip - Collapsible Silicone Coffee Dripper, Filter Cone: Kitchen & Dining
    Hmm, I see an excellent Xmas gift for my coffee-loving DH who travels a fair bit with his job - generally by car, but he often takes running gear with him as well as all his work stuff, so space-saving gadgets are a must!

ETA: or maybe I'll get this for me, and an Aeropress for him
    Last edited by scribe; 05-11-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    These are all great uses, and @taminca did a fantastic job! I like the convincing side view that everything fits in. I've also been thinking about where the Medium Double Organizer Pouch would get stowed. In the case of the Smart Alec, the obvious place to fit it is in either of the two side pockets where it can clip onto an o-Ring. It also fits very nicely into the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag -- so you can have a few of those multiple use organizer inside one of these with both an entertainment pack and an in-flight comfort pack. I loved the travel laundry kit (and both your emergency kits!)

One feature that I really like is that when you use this size Double Organizer Pouch for travel documents, your boarding passes can fit flat in the clear window section, so you'll be able to see the flight information, arrival time, etc. and if you have to fill in travel documents for your arrival your tickets, etc. stay organized.

In a convertible packing cube backpack of the WF/Tri-Star sort, one could fit a whole Medium Double Organizer Pouch inside a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag into the diagonally slashed zippered pocket. I think you'd have to let the Medium Double Organizer Pouch curve slightly if you insert it into the bottom zippered pocket of an Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack. (This works much better with the 400d Dyneema varieties). My own Medium Double Organizer Pouches are still waiting to ship with a pending order in July, but I've been checking the sizing based on the size of Medium Organizer Pouches,

Great pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    taminca I just thought they should make you an honorable Tom-Bihn-Crew-Member.
    Thanks, Ilkyway. That is a really nice thought, but there are so many kind, creative, helpful and ENABLING members on this Forum. I am glad I can contribute back.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    -- David Whyte

@taminca
    They're awesome! Did you have fun doing the shoot? Hope you did!
    For the rest of us, can I just remind everyone that with taminca's photo ops, the chances that the back order dates will be pushed back, have increased significantly?

@Gostanford
    The clear urethane does feel kinda "bouncy" doesn't it?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0