Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I can't wait to see your photos!!
    Me too! And I doubt Darcy and the Tom Bihn folks needed my comments to prompt their decision to send taminca one of the medium size Double Organizer pouches. Or maybe it was just a case of "Great minds think alike" in terms of my posting an opinion that agreed with their decision?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Me too! And I doubt Darcy and the Tom Bihn folks needed my comments to prompt their decision to send taminca one of the medium size Double Organizer pouches. Or maybe it was just a case of "Great minds think alike" in terms of my posting an opinion that agreed with their decision?
    I'd like to say we also had that great idea, but it was totally yours.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Oh My - that is pretty cool and very smart. I also bought one after taminca's last series of photos. This bag addiction is pretty interesting. Glad there are so many of us, I think??

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    From @moriond's keyboard to Darcy's eyes and TB Shipping... I received an email that TB is sending me a demo Medium Double Organizer Pouch!!! It hopefully will have arrived by the time I get home Friday night....which means photos will be posted this weekend. Been making a list of potential uses and would welcome suggestions/requests! *Squealing in delight*
    @taminca The medium size Double Organizer Pouch combination should produce a lot of interesting potential usage profiles: I only had to realize that the outer dimension is the same size as the Medium Organizer pouch to think if ways people would use this. First of all, as @scribe suggested, this should work really well for travel documents, and is a convenient size to pull out of the outer pockets of the Western Flyer, Tri-Star, and Aeronaut -- or even from the zippered Backpack strap pocket, which is where I can stow flat items that I'm reading/holding just before boarding. Also, you're going to be able to hold eReaders like the Kindle Paperwhite, small tablets with ultra-thin keyboards and possibly even the iPad Mini if it's in a thin hard case.

The medium size pouch can hold full-size toothbrushes, and smaller pouches that hold eating utensils, calculators (especially the inexpensive larger sort), Knitting toolkit pouches with various types of needles and hooks (including the size 4 pouches that can hold circulars and that you use for lenses), entertainment pack DVDs/CDs (I know these have all gone digital, but I think there are airport services that still do movie rentals this way?), laptop power adapters, small Bluetooth speakers, eye masks (padded or otherwise) for sleeping on airplanes, diaper wipes, travel laundry kits, Some of the usages will come from the handy separated pockets where you can put items from travel segments that are in progress or completed in one pocket and upcoming boarding passes, documents, etc, in the other pocket. (This is one of the things I like to keep organized in multi-stage journeys). Or keep separate receipts in one pocket (as with your example for the original double organizer pouch.). The medium size pouch is also going to work much better for families traveling together who need to hold, for example, 6 passports in one pouch.

Use the pouch as a "to do" pouch to separate paid and unpaid billing items, or postcards you've written on a trip from the ones that are still to be filled out. When you have to fill out customs documents, etc. separate out the forms you need to hand in from the documents you need to hold onto.

I'm sure there are lots of other examples!

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-07-2014 at 01:17 PM.

iPad mini in medium Double Organizer Pouch

To tide everyone over until taminca posts her presumably excellent photos this weekend:

Name:  DOPfull.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  562.3 KBName:  DOPiPadmini.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  704.4 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    To tide everyone over until taminca posts her presumably excellent photos this weekend:

Name:  DOPfull.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  562.3 KBName:  DOPiPadmini.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  704.4 KB
    Wow! Another forum member who posts excellent pictures! I feel as though I've rubbed the magic lantern by mentioning the iPad Mini usage, in conjunction with the Medium size Double Organizer Pouch.

Looks like you're using the iPad Mini with a Smart Cover. Do you feel you need more protection? Some folks are using the Medium padded Organizer pouches to store their iPad Minis.

moriond
    backpack and ncb4 like this.

Currently using a TwelveSouth SmartCover which is essentially stiffened plastic(or cardboard?) sandwiched b/w a piece of leather & suede and I face the mini away from the pocket contents. The entire medium Double Organizer Pouch DOES slip into an iPad Air Cache with rails however. This is how I have been carrying it in my various bags. (Maybe this should cross post into the bags w/i bags w/i bags thread!) So far so good but I am mentally preparing myself for the moment the screen emerges broken. The mini in a LIFEPROOF case does NOT come close to fitting in the larger pocket. I will be adding a medium padded organizer pouch with a clear zipper pocket on the front to my TB wish list for 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @taminca The medium size Double Organizer Pouch combination should produce a lot of interesting potential usage profiles: I only had to realize that the outer dimension is the same size as the Medium Organizer pouch to think if ways people would use this. First of all, as @scribe suggested, this should work really well for travel documents, and is a convenient size to pull out of the outer pockets of the Western Flyer, Tri-Star, and Aeronaut -- or even from the zippered Backpack strap pocket, which is where I can stow flat items that I'm reading/holding just before boarding. Also, you're going to be able to hold eReaders like the Kindle Paperwhite, small tablets with ultra-thin keyboards and possibly even the iPad Mini if it's in a thin hard case.

The medium size pouch can hold full-size toothbrushes, and smaller pouches that hold eating utensils, calculators (especially the inexpensive larger sort), Knitting toolkit pouches with various types of needles and hooks (including the size 4 pouches that can hold circulars and that you use for lenses), entertainment pack DVDs/CDs (I know these have all gone digital, but I think there are airport services that still do movie rentals this way?), laptop power adapters, small Bluetooth speakers, eye masks (padded or otherwise) for sleeping on airplanes, diaper wipes, travel laundry kits, Some of the usages will come from the handy separated pockets where you can put items from travel segments that are in progress or completed in one pocket and upcoming boarding passes, documents, etc, in the other pocket. (This is one of the things I like to keep organized in multi-stage journeys). Or keep separate receipts in one pocket (as with your example for the original double organizer pouch.). The medium size pouch is also going to work much better for families traveling together who need to hold, for example, 6 passports in one pouch.

Use the pouch as a "to do" pouch to separate paid and unpaid billing items, or postcards you've written on a trip from the ones that are still to be filled out. When you have to fill out customs documents, etc. separate out the forms you need to hand in from the documents you need to hold onto.

I'm sure there are lots of other examples!

moriond
    I'm probably going to get two Medium DOPs, one of which will be for conferences to keep "I know for sure I'm getting reimbursed for this" receipts separate from the Hail Mary Reimbursement receipts. The other one will likely never see the inside of a bag. Rather, I'm thinking about putting it in my glove compartment to keep my registration, insurance info, and stuff in the front and the service history and other important but less vital paperwork in the back. That way when I'm pulled over (ahem, cough cough), I can retrieve the required documents without faffing about like a fool. I have a feeling this item will revolutionize the way I handle my encounters with police all over the midwest.

True story:
    Cop on Indiana Toll Road: Do you know how fast you were going?
    Badger: Like 80.
    CoITR: Any particular reason you were going that fast?
    Badger (thinks for a second): No, not really.
    CoITR: Well, hmm. You were honest, so consider this a warning. Slow down and have a good one.
    Badger (blinks): . . .

Your photos are excellent, @Proctor! And you really helped me out since I do not have an iPad Mini and was wondering how I could get my hands on one to photograph with the Medium DOP .

Is it bad that all I can think about is this weekend project instead of the work I have to do? Must remind myself that it's the work that allows me to feed my TB addiction. Hmm... Doesn't help...
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    how did I miss this thread? I love the pics taminca, excellent job. I now need several DOP!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I just finally arrived home (after being trapped for over an hour in a packed plane while they fixed a mechanical issue) and was thrilled to see not one but two packages from TB. One package had the demo Medium Double Organizer Pouch and the other had the two that I ordered (along with some SCBs).

The demo is a gorgeous Forest Ballistic, while the two that came with my order are in Olive Parapack and FRENCH BLUE Cordura!!! And since one of the SCBs I ordered that also came today is the new French Blue/Navy combo, I don't think this was just coincidence. TB definitely rocks! I absolutely love this new color.

Have to wait til daylight to take some photos...but stay tuned...

P.S. Since the demo arrived at the same time as my order, I think I should return it. (What is the protocol on demos, anyway?) But Forest Ballistic is so gorgeous... I may have to just buy a third medium DOP
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    @taminca I look at this differently. First of all, I didn't even know they were making the new Double Organizer Pouches in Ballistic Nylon as well as Parapack and Cordura. (I managed to order a Medium Double Organizer Pouch in Cayenne Cordura -- all before Darcy mentioned anything about the new pouch fabrics -- but that pouch is waiting to ship with my back ordered Small size Iberian Shop Bags.) It's great that you'll be able to try out the different fabrics and colors, and also to use them in your sample photo shots. (I'll be even more interested in seeing how they fit into your existing bags, and that includes the Small Cafe Bags that are so nicely color coordinated).

The more different color and fabric combinations you can show, including your impressions on when you like the stiffer or more pliable fabrics, the more other forum users get to vicariously experience these accessories without actually having them in their hands. And somebody is sure to be especially interested in one of the color or fabric combinations you've got.

I don't know whether there's any protocol on demo products or returning them, but my thought upon seeing your first set of forum photos was that you showed a whole set of forum readers how useful this accessory could be for them, and I bet you racked up an awesome number of secret enabler points. If I were working for Tom Bihn, I'd say it was totally worth sending you the pouch -- even if you had already ordered two others of your own. I'd just make sure that they gave you one that would complement the features of the two others you had ordered -- which they did.

Just my opinion though. YMMV. But I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts about these new products and seeing any pictures that you come up with.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-10-2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    P.S. Since the demo arrived at the same time as my order, I think I should return it. (What is the protocol on demos, anyway?) But Forest Ballistic is so gorgeous... I may have to just buy a third medium DOP
    No way!! It's yours for keeps!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No way!! It's yours for keeps!
    Thanks, Darcy! Now on to the photos...
    Miking likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Uses of the Medium DOP, Part 1

I forgot that this was a holiday weekend so it was busier than I had expected. BTW Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on the Forum! My mother enjoyed the attention, the pampering, and the gifts… but she LOVED the gift bag – a small Solar Shop Bag! It was a supreme display of filial affection on my part.

So here are the photos I took earlier today before heading to Mom's. Sorry, this will have to be done in 5 parts due to the 5 photos per post limitation.

I did not have a chance to fully play with the Medium Double Organizer Pouches, so will have to report back on usage and fit in other TB bags. Thanks to Badger, Scribe and Moriond for the great suggestions on uses of the Medium Double Organizer Pouches. I was limited to whatever inventory I had at home, so was able to only photograph 10 uses.

But, first, photos of the pouches and Small Cafe Bags I received on Friday… Small Cafe Bags in French Blue/Navy, Nordic/Solar and Kelly/Navy. Medium Double Organizer Pouches in Olive Parapack, French Blue Cordura and Forest Ballistic.

Name:  taminca1.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  395.6 KB

Name:  taminca2.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  323.1 KB

Name:  taminca3.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  297.6 KB

Name:  taminca4.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  352.3 KB
    Last edited by taminca; 05-11-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    -- David Whyte

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0