Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    This forum is educating me on more topics than bags alone. I wonder why a firm puts an "ä" in its name in a country that does not have "ä"s.
    Perhaps they're heavy metal fans.

Metal umlaut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I had to google Lärabar. This forum is educating me on more topics than bags alone. I wonder why a firm puts an "ä" in its name in a country that does not have "ä"s.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    Because umlauts look cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post

@ilkyway, @snowbot, @Blackeagle, and others,
    Lärabars are named after Lara Merriken. In the linked article she said:
    “We added the umlaut to LÄRABAR because we needed a creative way to show the proper pronunciation. We also thought it would make the name more visually interesting.”
    In 2008, a year after that article was written, General Mills bought the company.

There was a lot of interest in this product after it appeared, including do-it-yourself recipe versions:

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    One thing I've learned today:
    I have never thought of using the clear organizers to hold my snacks, I usually chuck snacks all over, so this is a nifty idea!

I read the Larabar thread you linked to as well, it definitely made me chuckle
    Looking at the pictures you have just linked:
    Man, those Larabars must REALLY good if people actually utilize even spare space in stationery packs just so they can bring more Larabars along! Lol
    Using the bars as size comparison is a great idea, no need to hunt for a tape measure or ruler just to get an idea of the size, but it does get me hungry while browsing!
    I do like the idea of using contents to give people an idea of both size and functionality. But one of the practical reasons that I used to put Lärabars that I carried while traveling into my 3-1-1 (3D Clear Organizer Cube) bag or Clear Quarter Packing Cube when going through Airport security was that they sometimes got flagged when scanned inside bags (maybe the higher moisture content made these look like plastic explosives?).

Getting back to the new double organizer pouches, having sample contents in the products, especially for new products, really does help to judge both functionality and size. Personally, I think they should just send one their newly completed medium size pouches to @taminca, and let her come up with a series of usage profiles and pictures similar to the great job she did with the small size double organizer pouch near the start of this thread!

Just my thoughts. YMMV.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Oh yeah: it's unlikely we'll ever make a Mini… in the mock-up/sample we made, the front strip of clear urethane was just too minimal to be useful.
    I wonder if you guys have played around with a double organizer, but with zips on either side? That could be interesting
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    First photos of the Double Organizer Pouch in Medium….

Attachment 6056

Attachment 6057
    An announcement of the new medium size double organizer pouch is now up on the blog.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Personally, I think they should just send one their newly completed medium size pouches to @taminca, and let her come up with a series of usage profiles and pictures similar to the great job she did with the small size double organizer pouch near the start of this thread!
    Since I will be ordering at least one medium-sized double organizer pouch, will see what I can come up with, @moriond!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Since I will be ordering at least one medium-sized double organizer pouch, will see what I can come up with, @moriond!
    If you're going full enabler mode with the photo shoot like you did for the small double pouches, I'd like to suggest that TB might as well sell them in 3 or 5 or maybe even 10 packs as well

If you're going full enabler mode with the photo shoot like you did for the small double pouches, I'd like to suggest that TB might as well sell them in 3 or 5 or maybe even 10 packs as well
    I like that thought!
    Perhaps a bakers dozen for the overly obsessed?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    You know, this size would have been easier to estimate by eye if you had used Larabars inside the picture. (From this weekend's discussion of toiletry bags (including the Clear Quarter Packing Cube) in the Wirecutter Guide to Traveling Well thread, I suggested to @Leena that she get a separate CQPC for their carryon snack bars, and added a frivolous digression about the Request Larabar Intervention thread that emerged when you started including pictures of Larabars, including in the CQPC images on the blog, to help users judge the size of products.)
    This is an excellent point, moriond. And we're up for any excuse to buy a few cases of Larabars.

Name:  lara1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  79.0 KB

10 Larabars in a Medium Double Organizer Pouch

Name:  lara2.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  66.3 KB

15! Larabars in a Medium Double Organizer Pouch

Name:  lara3.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  81.4 KB

15 zipped up...

And, we've got some Luna bar fans around here:

Name:  lara4.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  77.8 KB

Only about 10 of those fit comfortably in a Medium Double Organizer Pouch.

In the Small Double Organizer Pouch? Ehh.. really, only four Larabars fit. And that's just not enough Larabars.

Name:  smallara.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  66.9 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post

Haha. I'm going to choose to go with that as the 100% accurate truth.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Those are awesome pics, Darcy!
    If you're going to have cases of Larabars around, when the Aeronaut 30 debuts officially, can we see how many cases that can hold then?
    Darcy likes this.

Well.....what about KIND bars and PRO bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Those are awesome pics, Darcy!
    If you're going to have cases of Larabars around, when the Aeronaut 30 debuts officially, can we see how many cases that can hold then?
    I think that'd be about 14 cases! That'd be enough Larabars to last all of us for at least a few days...

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Well.....what about KIND bars and PRO bars?

I have to admit that, though I've been photographing a PRO bar, I have yet to eat one. KIND bars are definitely pretty tasty.

All this chatter about Larabars encouraged me to try them. There were only a few choices at the local Target. I got cherry chocolate chip. Tasty!

moriond likes this.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Grey DLBC * Wishlist: New 400d Color

I wish I could try Larabars, but carby foods mess up my digestive system. Now, Quest Bars, on the other hand....ohhhhhh yeahhhhh

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0