Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Ditto to GoStanford's request -- although it goes against the grain for this Cal Bear alum
    Go bears!!!! Hope your bags are navy and solar!

You know, I usually check into this site more times than I care to admit.
    So it just surprised when I just noticed that the Double Organizer is now available in a medium size
    (Back ordered till mid May) as well as the small that I now have s e v e r a l of.
    Did I miss the announcement?

I missed it, too.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You didn't miss it! No announcement yet… we thought we'd post one as soon as we actually have a Double Organizer Pouch in Medium to photograph.

Did you see also that both sizes of Double Organizer Pouch will now be made in Parapack, 1000d Cordura, or 1050d ballistic nylon? So, more colors, more fabrics = woohoo!

Oh yeah: it's unlikely we'll ever make a Mini… in the mock-up/sample we made, the front strip of clear urethane was just too minimal to be useful.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You didn't miss it! No announcement yet… we thought we'd post one as soon as we actually have a Double Organizer Pouch in Medium to photograph.

Did you see also that both sizes of Double Organizer Pouch will now be made in Parapack, 1000d Cordura, or 1050d ballistic nylon? So, more colors, more fabrics = woohoo!

Oh yeah: it's unlikely we'll ever make a Mini… in the mock-up/sample we made, the front strip of clear urethane was just too minimal to be useful.
    Umm… does this mean the new Cordura colors will also be used? And what about 400d Dyneema colors like Nordic? This makes it difficult for the pre-order, since I like to call in specific color selections, and at this point I don't have a good idea of the colors that will be available!

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Umm… does this mean the new Cordura colors will also be used? And what about 400d Dyneema colors like Nordic? This makes it difficult for the pre-order, since I like to call in specific color selections, and at this point I don't have a good idea of the colors that will be available!
    Well, I'll make it even more difficult by saying we don't know either! It really depends on what fabric we have available to make pouches. Some of the new Cordura colors could be use, but no guarantees. Probably not 400d Dyneema.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Goldu View Post
    Go bears!!!! Hope your bags are navy and solar!
    Only one, @Goldu, a Navy/Solar Side Effect. I like my blue to be a little brighter than Navy... if Indigo were still available, I would probably go wild (or, rather, wilder) with my purchases! But I have lots of Nordic/Solar bags
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

First photos of the Double Organizer Pouch in Medium….

Name:  mediumdoubleorganizerpouch2.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  mediumdoubleorganizerpouch1.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  63.1 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    First photos of the Double Organizer Pouch in Medium….

Name:  mediumdoubleorganizerpouch2.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  mediumdoubleorganizerpouch1.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  63.1 KB
    @Darcy Thank you for adding the dimension information of the medium pouches to the Product web pages:
    External Dimensions:
    Small: 7 x 5" / 180 x 130mm; Weight: 1.5 oz / 40 grams
    Medium: 10.3" x 7" (260 x 180 mm);
    You know, this size would have been easier to estimate by eye if you had used Larabars inside the picture. (From this weekend's discussion of toiletry bags (including the Clear Quarter Packing Cube) in the Wirecutter Guide to Traveling Well thread, I suggested to @Leena that she get a separate CQPC for their carryon snack bars, and added a frivolous digression about the Request Larabar Intervention thread that emerged when you started including pictures of Larabars, including in the CQPC images on the blog, to help users judge the size of products.)

They might have devoured every single last bar, leaving none available for photography

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    They might have devoured every single last bar, leaving none available for photography
    @icebeng The Tom Bihn site really did start using a lot of product pictures with Larabars inside them to give an idea of size starting around 2007. Most of the image links to the old blog posts and product page pictures are broken, but here are a few examples
    In stock: 3D Clear Organizer Cube (all colors)

The 3D Clear Organizer Cube is now shipping in all colors.

Name:  3dpouchblog2.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  44.7 KB

darcy | 10 September 2009 3:08 pm | Miscellaneous |
    Clear Organizer Pouches

Just like our regular Organizer Pouches but with a clear front window, the Clear Organizer Pouches are simple pouches will add an extra pocket of organization to any bag. The clear window allows you to know what's inside. Available in Mini ($6), Small ($8), and Medium ($10). Various colors.

Name:  clearpouchblog.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  76.7 KB

darcy | 29 May 2007 3:50 pm | New products |
    This is only from memory, but I recall the Product page image for the Clear Quarter Packing Cube introduced at the end of the year in 2007 had an apple and a Larabar inside the Cube.

And by the way, when @Leena commented in the Wirecutter Guide to Traveling Well thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leena View Post
    TSA once thought I had too many snack bars (Mojo, Lara, Luna, etc - My husband has a high metabolism and needs constant snacks and we were going to the end of the earth so...)
    @maverick replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Perhaps that TSA agent was just hungry and wanted one of your snack bars...
    All those Larabars that could be used to convey pouch sizes devoured before they could be placed in the limelight!

Histrionically yours.

moriond

One thing I've learned today:
    I have never thought of using the clear organizers to hold my snacks, I usually chuck snacks all over, so this is a nifty idea!

I read the Larabar thread you linked to as well, it definitely made me chuckle
    Looking at the pictures you have just linked:
    Man, those Larabars must REALLY good if people actually utilize even spare space in stationery packs just so they can bring more Larabars along! Lol
    Using the bars as size comparison is a great idea, no need to hunt for a tape measure or ruler just to get an idea of the size, but it does get me hungry while browsing!

I had to google Lärabar. This forum is educating me on more topics than bags alone. I wonder why a firm puts an "ä" in its name in a country that does not have "ä"s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I wonder why a firm puts an "ä" in its name in a country that does not have "ä"s.
    Because umlauts look cool!

Sad face...I would be fine without the clear urethane. The dual zip compartments are the draw for me.
    --------------------------------

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0