Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Dreamer, I know how you feel! I love being able to just put my Side Effect in whatever bag I am using, and add in the first aid pouch or the iPod pouch or the snack stuff sack as needed. I quest for an organized life (someday!)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    It does fit comfortably inside the SE.
    Agreed, but it's much better in the main compartment than the back pocket, where the fit is "acceptable" rather than "good."

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I would like a smaller one - sized like the TB wallet. Two separate sections trumps a divider in my mind.
    I am curious if this is at least a possibility, Darcy?
    --------------------------------

I would like a smaller one - sized like the TB wallet. Two separate sections trumps a divider in my mind.
    I am curious if this is at least a possibility, Darcy?
    Count me in!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

@crew: What are the dimensions of the medium double organizer pouch....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I have a very hard time with organization; if I can't visually see something it ceases to exist. Having clear pouches to keep "like items" or things that will be used together is already revolutionizing how calm and collected I feel. It's simple and it makes so much sense. I don't have to feel crazy anymore when I go between work/school/family/hobbies. I can just grab the pouches I need for a given activity and my TB bag of choice and I'm good to go.
    Me, too, especially when I'm traveling, which isn't nearly often enough as some road warriors in this Forum to really develop a personal system.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Right now I have my Ultrasuede cleaning cloth in a small clear organizer pouch by itself and my iPhone/iPad cables in a regular small organizer pouch. I'm planning to get one of these to combine the two - cleaning cloth in the front and cables in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Me, too, especially when I'm traveling, which isn't nearly often enough as some road warriors in this Forum to really develop a personal system.
    Monkeylady, I use TB organization at home (lifesaver for paperwork, electronic, beauty stuff... organizing), for car and public transport errands, fun weekend activities and travel.

I color code everything and TB Organizer Pouches and all things Dyneema, have been particularly helpful.

The Cordura Floppy Swifts and Yarn Stuff Sacks are coralling my yarn and needlework supplies and books also via color coding.

Dyneema and future Ballistic Swifts/Little Swift make wonderful formal purses.

They replace Small Cafe Bags by themselves for nice walks or paired with a S19 or Shop Bags for errands.

When I am not travelling, my Aeronauts contain wrinkle resistant clothing, the one in Ballistic for winter items and the one Dyneema for summer items.

They can be quickly zippered up and moved to the tornado closet or tossed in the car in case of flood.

TB objects are just soothing.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-24-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Backpack reading you write about tornados and floods so causally... what an uneventful live it is here in Europe. I like the Idea about using the Aeronaut in between travels for storing clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I color code everything and TB Organizer Pouches and all things Dyneema, have been particularly helpful.
    Would appreciate hearing about your color coding system. There was a nice post a while ago on color coding shop bags by use. I am looking for general organizational tips.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Would appreciate hearing about your color coding system. There was a nice post a while ago on color coding shop bags by use. I am looking for general organizational tips.
    Ditto to GoStanford's request -- although it goes against the grain for this Cal Bear alum
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Ditto to GoStanford's request -- although it goes against the grain for this Cal Bear alum
    I was going to say... Blue and Yellow is not only Berkley's color but all UC colors (former UC alum here, So Cal though not No Cal)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Backpack reading you write about tornados and floods so causally... what an uneventful live it is here in Europe. I like the Idea about using the Aeronaut in between travels for storing clothes.
    I am European born myself. There, I had to live through spectacular snow and strong wind storms.

This winter, the UK and Brittany had to deal with enormous floods and so did Germany and Tennessee a couple a years ago, Let's not forget monsoons and hurricanes in South East Asia and the U,S. Fire is also a hazard which calls for quick exit, the U.S and Australia had their share of this one.

All of those are devastating and usually people take comfort in what they can save. Sometimes, stuff needs to be forgotten and one has to be happy with one's life as well as family members, pets and friends/neighbours being safe.

A couple of years ago, I experienced a flash flood alert and tried to gather my things in a panic.

I have learned two things about that: it takes way more time to put things together that one thinks, water rises fast, one has to get away faster not to drown.

As it turned out, I live close to a stream that is a tributary of a significant river, which is itself, a tributary of a major one.

My neighbourhood stream could flood right into the street we usually use to go anywhere. The other half of the street is on the hill I live in so the risk of flood is not as high, I just know that one of my escape route will be cut in case of major flood.

This, however, makes my neighborhood at higher risk for being in the path of a tornado. There is nothing quite as jarring as being awaken or caught off guard by the strident sound of a siren.
    It happened to me twice, already, we now make a point to check the weather daily.
    Tornadoes are most dangerous at night, the prospect of significant weather during that time, will keep me awake.

So, no, I don't view weather events casually.

And to be back on topic, I thank Tom and the Crew everyday for making sturdy bags which are not going to be a problem when they are needed most.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-25-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I use Steel and UV because I like the colors.

I believe that using all the Dyneema colors TB has to offer would be more efficient.

The first use is Yarn Stuff Sacks to organize yarn by color, by fiber or by project or a combination of all of the above.

For example, yarn in the yellow family stored in Solar Stuff Sacks, with a little sheep, lama, angora, bamboo, caterpillar for silk, a cloud for cotton and a factory for polyester sticker or drawing onto a label, or multiple doodles or stickers for blend. This label can be clipped to the side clip.

Ongoing projects with yarn in the yellow color family could be stored in Clear Bottom Medium Solar Yarn Stuff Sacks (if one has multiple projects glue the picture of each project or write its name on a label in the same manner described above).

Small projects for vacations or commute can be housed in Small Yarn Stuff Sacks.

Tools can be stored in the Knitting Tool Pouches and affixed to the clip of the Yarn Stuff Sacks.

Using each Dyneema color available covers almost the entire spectrum of yarn color except blue.

Steel can be used for multicolor yarns project.

I find that the creation of Tall Yarn Stuff Sack was a lifesaver for storing big yarn cones. I had never seen them in Europe, only oversized round skein which I never used because of storage problem.
    I got a mini stash of cotton yarn cones, on sale, years ago, it was a huge bother to keep them clean in plastic bags until the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack was introduced.

I don't knit but needlework so each skein and cone last me a long time and it is cheaper than cotton floss.
    I got a stash of cotton floss, on sale, which is stored by color in zip freezer bags inside a Tom Bihn shipping box, so are my oversized needlework projects.

There is also no law that says that yarn aficionados cannot use the Travel Stuff Sacks which come in 4 sizes and can be differentiated from Stuff Sack by their oval shape, lack of side clip and yarn guide.

Oversize skein and cones can be stored in the biggest size Travel Stuff Sack, the label can be secured on one side of the Double Carabiner while the other side is clipped to the drawstring.

Speaking of Travel Stuff Sacks, I use them for... travel. Depending on one's size, they can be used for foundation garments, workout clothes, color and size coded or just color coded.

This dance enthusiast thinks that a set in UV would be perfect for a gymnast, ballerina, social dances student for the class outfits, muscle warming knitted items. The Size 1 is perfect headband tamer. Clips, barrettes, hair ornaments needed for the perfect hairdo are better wrangled in 3D Cubes.

3D Cubes and Clear Quarter Packing Cube are very well suited for hair and wardrobe accessories as well as makeup.

They are also wonderful for pencils, markers, crayon sets on the go. Color code can be done by writing instrument or by child.

Adults can use them for traditional watercolor sets, there are also wonderful watercolor pencils, I think some brands can be bought by the piece and the water color effect can be obtained using brushes with a handle that double as water reservoir.

Some people are big electronics fans, which translate to: "Who let the cords out?"
    I am now officially humming the song about the dogs out.
    Which is funny but, leaving specific power cords in hotel rooms, airport/cruise terminals, train/ferry/metro/bus stations and bookstores/cafes is not.

Especially, when one is trying to download their eboarding pass or it is time to call the shuttle/taxi and the device is showing its red close to 0% power gauge.

Depending of the number and diversity of devices one has to carry, the CQPQ and 3D Clear Cube are perfect for heavy to medium users, while the Travel Tray and the Small Travel Stuff Sack are perfect for Apple users.

Other forum members use their 3D and CQPQ for must have comfort food and other items on the road.
    Prescription medications being one of them.

Generic pain relievers, in blister packs, are better transported in Pouches.

I don't know what size Pouch or Padded Pouch, those top up batteries for mobile devices fit into, if you have one, I will be interested.

Padded Pouches are wonderful for small camera and camcorders which do not need lenses and are marketed for casual use or clumbsy users like yours truly.
    I am sure that a Camera I/O setup would result in such noisy display that I would become prime entertainment for the inhabitant of the park, forest, meadow or mountain I came to photograph.

I hope I didn't forget anything.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-25-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks for a peek into your organization strategies. Sometimes I am a little too "inside the box" in my thinking, with using cubes and pouches for items that travel...as opposed to helping non-traveling items have a home, too. Still working on it....
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0