Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    LOL no I have a background in German as you know and am just doing as best as I can here... But my German teacher was not very impressed with my spelling-art in my native language either so that is maybe something I have to live with. I always try to get the red lines under the words to go away. When they are gone it feels like "a job well done" and little do I know that I am writing funny thinks there... sorry for that I hope the laughs you (all) get out of this make up for the concentration it might take understanding my gibberish.
    Ilkyway, thank you for making spelling mistakes! I have the sort of paralyzing perfectionism that makes me worry a lot about my own spelling errors, and every time I have posted something I've reminded myself that your mistakes are fine and mine will be, too. I enjoy seeing your ideas and comments whether they're spelled correctly or not, and you are a very good role model for at least one perfectionist.

I also really like your suggestion of keeping notes on possible uses. I've gotten a lot of good ideas from this thread, which I'm sure to remember, but there are also some very good ideas that I don't have a particular need for right now. Without notes, I'm not likely to remember those if some month or year it turns out they could be useful to me after all.
    Ilkyway likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Due to (your) popular demand…

Name:  doubleorganizerpouchlarge.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  149.3 KB

The Double Organizer Pouch in size Large is now available for order.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

@taminca ?!?
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @taminca ?!?
    I don't know, @eWalker... This one is a major challenge because I have been paperless for several years and the Large DOP just screams "paper" to me. I am stumped. Any ideas?
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Amy
    Oh, cool! A couple of questions:

- What are the dimensions of each folder? In the photo, will a manila folder's tab fit all the way inside the pocket? I can't tell from the photo if it slides all the way in since I can't see the bottom of the folder. (I assume it does, or that would just be silly!)
    - I assume this is geared towards letter-sized paper, and not A4 size, right?
    - How many sheets of paper (how thick of a stack) could reasonably fit in the bigger pocket?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I don't know, @eWalker... This one is a major challenge because I have been paperless for several years and the Large DOP just screams "paper" to me. I am stumped. Any ideas?
    @taminca

There is always paper... doesn´t matter how much we try to avoid (unfortunately)...

. Contracts, bills, reports, invoices, catalogs
    . Medical exams, medicine prescriptions, lab results, glass or contact lens prescriptions
    . Articles, magazines
    . Recipes....

At work, at college, at school, at home...

Let it settle for the night... in the morning you will be busting with ideas!!

I am sure!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-10-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    taminca likes this.

@Darcy, what is the size ? The page is missing this information!

- iPad mini in front, papers in back.

- Notebook in front, looseleaf paper (or a pad of paper) in back

- Sketchpad in front, colored pencils in back

- Knitting pattern in front, WIP in back

- Travel docs in front (itinerary, prescriptions, passports in folder/envelope/RFID pouch); reading material/magazines in back

Kids' travel edition:

- MadLibs and sketchbook in front; magnetic chess set (unfolded) in back

- Storybooks in front; sudoku in back

I'm sure I can come up with some more!

eWalker likes this.

I could use a Large Double Organizer Pouch right freaking now. At this very moment, I have beside me a Large (Single) Organizer Pouch that is full of drafts of things, along with paper info related to the stuff I'm working on. It would be so handy to keep revisions separate, and it looks like there would be ample room for a pad of paper, a Moleskine or other journal, some post-its...

[Glares at sudden inadequacy of former BFF Pouch.]

This is big news! This is an *extra* product above and beyond the new releases - wow!

How many apricots? Larabars? I'm looking at dimensions for Large other pouches and extrapolating...this is going to be a very useful size. Thanks Darcy and the Crew!

I see it for magazines to take along to work for reading during lunch. Small personal journal in the front section also
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @taminca

Let it settle for the night... in the morning you will be busting with ideas!!

I am sure!!
    You are correct, @eWalker! Am indeed bursting with ideas... Now off to order a Large DOP... and should some more Q-Kits "happen" to fall into the basket, ah well...
    eWalker likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

You are correct, @eWalker! Am indeed bursting with ideas... Now off to order a Large DOP... and should some more Q-Kits "happen" to fall into the basket, ah well...
    You know how gregarious TB bags are! When I could not found an excuse.... I mean a reason for a new bag, I bought a Navy DLBP as a birthday gift so my Pilot would not travel alone! Let's hope I have the self control to part from it!

BTW I think they would be great as document holder on the BOB, we were talking in the other thread and would help to add structure to the ultralight backpacks like PCBP e DLBP as @moriond advised!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-11-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    WenV and taminca like this.

Darcy, might I request a Large version that is just a skosh shorter??

I love this pouch but it's about an inch too tall to fit comfortably in my S19 or my LCB and there is at least an inch of extra space at the top with standard 8.5"x11" documents. I can add pictures of it pretending to fit in my S19 and LCB if that will help convince Tom!

Thanks!!
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 268
Size:  784.1 KB
    kkintea likes this.

Not sure if it's been posted but anyone know if the large will fit in the S25?

I tried using plastic folders but the corners are too sharp and scratching off the interior coating. And regular folders just get bent or chewed up from taking it in and out or from other items in the bag.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0