Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree489Likes

Thread: Double Organizer Pouch

So, I've been lamenting the color I received for my new medium DOP: steel. It wasn't in my plans, but as I reviewed the lovely pictures of jblock's steel/UV synapse 25 in the post Synapse (Steel/UV) + Western Flyer combo, I thought wouldn't it be cool to see the DOPs designed like the Pocket Pouch? Have the larger exterior fabric in cordura and the smaller intenral swatch in Dyneema. I could go for that steel/UV combo.

Here's what I am using my double organizer pouch for: mini needlepoint organizer.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  685.7 KB

I do a lot of needlepoint and cross stitch, but when I fly I always try to take a super small, basic needlepoint project with me that way I don't have to worry about a chart or remembering special stitches. Last year my lns had a bunch of these bookmarks in stock and I bought a stack of them and over the year I have portioned them out to work on only when traveling. So when I got my double organizer pouch I knew it would be perfect.

In the back are bookmark canvases themselves. In the front are the threads, spare needles and a pair of cheap, teeny scissors. I used to use ziplocks for travel but they would get easily roughed up. I think this will be a much better solution.

atarango1,
    Is that DMC floss in your bag. It's doesn't look like cotton, is it pearl cotton? It looks a bit like wool too. How many skeins of floss can you fit in your DOP? I have a huge Michael Powell bookmark cross stitch (Greek Islands) that takes 16 skeins. I've not tried fitting it all in a DOP pouch yet.

I do a bit of cross stitch, when I'm not rug hooking or crocheting.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I would love to know how others are also using the size small DOP. I just received mine on Wednesday (in wasabi) and I'm not certain what to do with it. It was an impulse add-on, and I bought it thinking it would work well in my navy/cork/wasabi Imago. Feel free to share any suggestions you may have!

It is pearl cotton. I have about 14 skeins in there. You could probably get the 16 in there if you put it in more neatly (my method tends to be the stuff it in method-- I'm not neat, lol!)
    Moose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I would love to know how others are also using the size small DOP. I just received mine on Wednesday (in wasabi) and I'm not certain what to do with it. It was an impulse add-on, and I bought it thinking it would work well in my navy/cork/wasabi Imago. Feel free to share any suggestions you may have!
    My small DOP is clipped into the front/back pocket of my SE. I used to keep an organizer wallet there with coins and cards, but I found the coins would easily come out of their slot. With the DOP, the coins stay zipped in the front pocket where they are easily seen, while the cards are kept in the back pocket. Cards I rarely use are behind the DOP, and cash is in front.

I'm using my small one as a tea/coffee valet for travelling (inspired by Taminca's original posts). It has sticks of coffee and flavoured sweetener in the front pocket, and little ziplock bags* of Japanese and herbal teabags in the back.

* To stop the mint tea from tainting my hojicha
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I am using one as a first aid kit and the other has a stitching project knit thanks to atarango1. Have you seen taminca's photos? If not I would suggest them, they're great.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Sorry to revive this thread, but I just wanted to add a couple of things (forgive me).

I've had my Cayenne (thanks, Crew!) medium DOP for about a month now, and I've found that EDC-wise, it's served me best as a mini-folder for large but important pieces of paper. For example, I have a whole bunch of vouchers that need to be used up soon and 2 cheques that need to be dropped off tomorrow. I've put them in the front pocket so that they're always visible. The back pocket is used for brochures that I pick up at sales and other such documents. (I also have some random cat treats stashed there to give my favourite neighbourhood kitties.)

Am also looking forward to using it as my passport, boarding pass, and e-ticket holder when I travel briefly at the end of July. Right now I have a dedicated Vera Bradley passport wallet that's insanely chunky for the amount of storage it offers. But because the DOP is always inside my S/MCB (my PLO), I now have a zero-footprint "travel" section within my regular purse. Kinda neat

My partner laughs at me for having 5 pouches in a cafe bag-- as a result of which I don't have that much space to put non-pouched objects in my SCBs-- but I don't have to dig aimlessly anymore and my small papers aren't creased thanks to my DOP. Now it's just "lemme fish out that pouch." /ends apologia for pouches

Thank you for reviving this. It seems I overlooked some of the last posts when they where made.

I am thinking to add coulombs to my spreadsheet with ideas of using pouches. I tent to forget good ideas which are not emidiatly of use or I did not came around of installing right away.
    scribe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I am thinking to add coulombs to my spreadsheet with ideas of using pouches. I tent to forget good ideas which are not emidiatly of use or I did not came around of installing right away.
    I have a column in mine for current/possible usage, but I like the idea of having one for additional ideas!

P.S. Do you have a background in physics or engineering that inspired you to spell "column" like the unit of electrical charge?
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

LOL no I have a background in German as you know and am just doing as best as I can here... But my German teacher was not very impressed with my spelling-art in my native language either so that is maybe something I have to live with. I always try to get the red lines under the words to go away. When they are gone it feels like "a job well done" and little do I know that I am writing funny thinks there... sorry for that I hope the laughs you (all) get out of this make up for the concentration it might take understanding my gibberish.

You know you don't need to apologise for your spelling here - I just wondered where "coulomb" came from, since it's a rather obscure word!
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Collections:

Ilkyway, I just marvel at how well you explain yourself, regardless of primary language! I have never once not understood your point.

Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    My small DOP is clipped into the front/back pocket of my SE. I used to keep an organizer wallet there with coins and cards, but I found the coins would easily come out of their slot. With the DOP, the coins stay zipped in the front pocket where they are easily seen, while the cards are kept in the back pocket. Cards I rarely use are behind the DOP, and cash is in front.

I used my mystery gift (smaller than mini) pouch in the front of my SE to hold counts and to separate dollar bills from larger bills behind it in a similar way--like creating a divider within that front SE pocket. It is brilliant as a solution, as i never liked having my bills so folded to fit the wallet OP. In the main part of the SE, I use the wallet pouch for credit cards and ID, and a separate mini OP for less used credit cards/gift cards/a few stamps/a usb drive if needed. I still wonder what will happen if/when the GIANT iPhone 6 comes out and then I can't just stick my phone in the open pocket of the SE...will it have to go in the front pocket and wreck my perfect system?!

This all has nothing to do with DOP. I have one on order, though, so perhaps that counts?!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0