• 4 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By jlchau
  • 3 Post By dlg
  • 1 Post By dlg
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Aeronaut backorders

dlg

Aeronaut backorders

I finally have an excuse to buy an Aeronaut, only to discover everything steel is on backorder!

But I wondered... after seeing threads on new zipper pulls and sewing waterproof zippers in right side up, are these changes going to be introduced on the backordered Aeronauts, or is that further down the line?

And is there a chance in heck of an Aeronaut making it to me before I fly out on May 2?

smj
    Email the crew at emailus@tombihn.com. They're great about responding.
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    Black/Wasabi SCB + Navy/Solar Aeronaut + Black/Black/Steel Zephyr + Black/Wasabi Co-Pilot + Black/Wasabi Pilot + several accessories...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by smj View Post
    Email the crew at emailus@tombihn.com. They're great about responding.
    Or call the 800 number -- they'll also be able to check whether there's a version in the Store, or whether one of these was returned.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    I finally have an excuse to buy an Aeronaut, only to discover everything steel is on backorder!

But I wondered... after seeing threads on new zipper pulls and sewing waterproof zippers in right side up, are these changes going to be introduced on the backordered Aeronauts, or is that further down the line?

And is there a chance in heck of an Aeronaut making it to me before I fly out on May 2?
    I know, sheesh. Every time this happens I tell people it's because our bags are in demand more than ever before… and every time, it's cause they're more in demand than even the time before when I said they were more in demand than ever before. (Does that even make sense?)

Answers! The zipper changes won't be seen in the Aeronaut for a couple more months. So, any Aeronauts ordered now won't have those changes. The photos of the Aeronaut on the website will be updated when those zipper changes take effect.

As for an Aeronaut before May 2nd… it's very likely. In fact, we expect some Aeronauts, if not most, to be done quite soon. But, everyone else's advice here is great -- emailus@tombihn.com or give us a call and we can tell you for sure.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

This is probably a dumb question but are there before and after pics showing the zipper differences? As well as pro's and con's? Thanks!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Darcy wrote an extensive post about it when the Pilot was introduced. You can view it here. It only shows the new zipper, but you could look at photos of any Aeronaut or Synapse to see the old style zippers. I myself am waiting for the updated zippers on the Aeronaut to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    This is probably a dumb question but are there before and after pics showing the zipper differences? As well as pro's and con's? Thanks!
    Darcy and Jeff A like this.

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I know, sheesh. Every time this happens I tell people it's because our bags are in demand more than ever before… and every time, it's cause they're more in demand than even the time before when I said they were more in demand than ever before. (Does that even make sense?)

Answers! The zipper changes won't be seen in the Aeronaut for a couple more months. So, any Aeronauts ordered now won't have those changes. The photos of the Aeronaut on the website will be updated when those zipper changes take effect.

As for an Aeronaut before May 2nd… it's very likely. In fact, we expect some Aeronauts, if not most, to be done quite soon. But, everyone else's advice here is great -- emailus@tombihn.com or give us a call and we can tell you for sure.
    That's great to hear - I emailed and got a pretty stock "we're targeting April 20-30" and none of the secret knowledge everyone else on the forums seems to get.

Quote Originally Posted by emailus@tombihn.com
    Late April means we expect them to come through production any time from the 20th to the 30th - so we are right up against your timetable. Not sure if we'll make it or not.
    I will call tomorrow for the details. I'm so freaking excited to get an Aeronaut, I've been waiting for a reason to buy one for years. I should probably thank the cat for peeing on my Timbuk2.

dlg
    Also, when did I cross the 100 post mark? wheeeeeeeee!
    Darcy likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlg View Post
    That's great to hear - I emailed and got a pretty stock "we're targeting April 20-30" and none of the secret knowledge everyone else on the forums seems to get.
    The Aeronauts were finished much sooner than anyone expected (even me until late in the day yesterday) so it was a surprise for us all. A very welcome surprise….!

Do give us a call, but as the Aeronauts are just coming through now, we might not have the detaily details until Wednesday or Thursday. Another option: place an order for the Aeronaut you want and put "need by May 2nd for a trip" in the comments and we'll make sure that happens.
    moriond and dlg like this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Do give us a call, but as the Aeronauts are just coming through now, we might not have the detaily details until Wednesday or Thursday. Another option: place an order for the Aeronaut you want and put "need by May 2nd for a trip" in the comments and we'll make sure that happens.
    Ordered! WHeeeeeeeeeeeee

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0