Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: An open letter to Darcy

An open letter to Darcy

<insert today's date>

Dear Darcy,

Today would be an excellent day for an announcement.

Love,
    Snowbot

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    There's some great stuff in the works, but I'm not sure when the next big announcement will be… could be a month from now.

Oh wait, actually, there's a small announcement coming maybe even by the end of this week… small as in, could be a new variety of Organizer Pouch...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I know - a clip on the 3D cube like the one available from Skookum! Did I ruin your announcement?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I know - a clip on the 3D cube like the one available from Skookum! Did I ruin your announcement?
    Oh yeah… that's it. Yup. No one needs to make anymore guesses now, okay?!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

How about the doggie treat pouch that I somehow found while browsing through the site, but now can't find again?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Oh yeah… that's it. Yup. No one needs to make anymore guesses now, okay?!
    Nice try! Micro organizer pouches in Dyneema and Parapack to compliment the coyote mesh ones. aka full production of the YrTf

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiegley View Post
    How about the doggie treat pouch that I somehow found while browsing through the site, but now can't find again?
    If you're looking for the Citizen Canine, that's been out of stock for a while. PaulT00 recently posted in the Skookum Dog thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Is there any news on the updated Skookum Dog version of the Citizen Canine? I bought a TB one in Cardinal/steel for my other half, but didn't get one for me before they were done. I'm fed up with having to keep buying cheap treats bags which fall apart after 6 months!

Darn! I was hoping it was those little micro pouches in dyneema and parapak! Clip on 3D cube? No, Darcy! Say it isn't so! Well. One month from now for a bigger announcement gives me time to fill out the paperwork for that second mortgage I'll need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Does this mean if I want 3D cubs with O rings I best get it done now? I have three but always "need" more.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Seems to me that Darcy was just trying to silence the cranking up of the open-ended guess factory! Or maybe she meant it...!
    Moose likes this.

Whew, good, I don't have a single spare minute this week. I'm also easily taken in sometimes. I still remember Darcy's joke from a few years ago. I was completely sucked in. I feel dense just thinking about it.
    Last edited by Moose; 03-17-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Whew, good, I don't gave a single spare minute this week. I'm also easily taken in sometimes. I still remember Darcy's joke from a few years ago. I was completely sucked in. I feel dense just thinking about it.

Moose,

A few years ago?
    Hmmm, that was well before I knew of TB, in my deprived years of "carry sleepwalking"
    Care to elaborate?

Moose likes this.

Sorry, it was only two years ago. I can't post links right now but, if you look at Darcy's thread, Preview of our new website design from 4.1.12 you'll see what I mean. How silly is it to point the world to how silly I was?

How about this for a seed of rampant speculation from the Haute Americana interview:

"What is the most used Tom Bihn item in your arsenal? Aeronaut. Shop Bags. My everyday bag? It's usually one of the various prototypes I'm working on. Right now, that's a backpack with a built-in compartment for my 13" MacBook Pro."

Emphasis mine ;-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Sorry, it was only two years ago. I can't post links right now but, if you look at Darcy's thread, Preview of our new website design from 4.1.12 you'll see what I mean. How silly is it to point the world to how silly I was?
    @trailhiker @Moose I think this is the link:
    Preview of our new website design
    Preview of our new website design
    Moose likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0