Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Acronyms Guide

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I can verify it was Dorayme, because I read it and I said to myself: "that's a mighty clever acronym, it is a perfect description of Tom Bihn accessories that can be used as purses but were not created for that purpose."

I'll always remember my reaction to her first mention of it.

I think it was about the Original Side Effect, Dorayme had done something mighty clever with it, which made it more of something that became a "purse like object."
    @backpack. You may have been thinking of dorayme's thread on Side Effect as a handlebar Bag, but that thread didn't use the acronym. I know that some of her later posts on the Side Effect did use PLO, but i can't remember any that pre-dates the thread I cited above. I know we had a number of Acronym explanations in your thread titled Kit vs SC vs CQPC vs 3D CQC Vs SE vs Yarn Stuff Sack when @lotuseater complained at the number of TLAs (three-letter acronyms) being tossed around. At least you spelled out Kit (K) and Yarn Stuff Sack (YSS) in the title.

@badger A fair number of the older definitions were given in posts explaining the abbreviations in @dorayme's signature line, which was color-coded as well as abbreviated to fit in the maximum number of items from her collection (e.g., this is where we see "K" and "YSS"). So if you want more information, as well as pictures (of the FoJ and F.O.T. pouches), you'll have to look for my reply posts in threads with the unlikely title of Clear Quarter Packing Cube goes Holy. Which also links to the blog post that announced the complimentary small organizer pouch in the newly introduced navy ballistic nylon fabric sewn with White stitching on a red trim for orders over $20 received that Fourth of July weekend in 2011.

The F.O.T. pouches used an embossed design in the lapis (blue) Ultrasuede® similar to the Ultrasuede® screen cloths that were announced in new colors a few months later? (I can't link to any blog posts before 2011 in the new forums, so even though the Ultrasuede® cloths were available ion other colors and with similar embossing in 2010, the current forum format can't access those blog page entries and pictures. The closest I can get, short of using the Internet archive to copy and upload contents item by item, is to point to Maverick's video made in 2010 to show the texture and embossing of the Ultrasuede®
    at that time.)

The F.O.T. pouch was also offered as a prize in a blog posting for people who could correctly explain how the kinetic sculpture designed by Tom's friend, Robert, worked.

@badger Here's another thread on Abbreviations… that again draws heavily on the acronyms dorayme uses in her signature line.

ETA: remember this will entail including bags that have been retired like RS for Ruck's Sac and UT for Utility Tote. I don't think that owners of the (original or redesigned) Buzz, Breve, or Archetype ever bothered to abbreviate their bag names. And the Kit was first introduced as the Style Kit, but since nobody was abbreviating the names then, and since we can't directly access the original blog pages for it's introduction, it probably doesn't matter,
    Last edited by moriond; 03-13-2014 at 01:20 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

moriond, TB Acquisition S is also used by cucciasv, but I am not sure if anyone else uses it in this manner. I had actually totally spaced on Anticipation Syndrome for some reason.

I'll look at those links but you are correct that some of them no longer apply or are not in very wide circulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    moriond, TB Acquisition S is also used by cucciasv, but I am not sure if anyone else uses it in this manner. I had actually totally spaced on Anticipation Syndrome for some reason.
    @Badger Yes, and there's a whole thread over at Ravelry titled TBAS - Tom Bihn Acquisition Syndrome. Historically, I think the forum thread with "Anticipation" may have started first, and given rise to the acronym, but subsequent usage had a lot of people inferring that the "A" in the "syndrome" stood for "Acquisition" as the natural term.

Volunteer Moderator
    Added Acronyms and links associated with the new product announcements (Aeronaut 30 [A30/45], Daylight Backpack [DLBP], Night Flyer Travel Duffel [NFTD], and Travel Laundry Stuff Sack [TLSS]), since forum members have already started using these terms in their posts. Note that I've placed these under the "Recent" category, so these may need to be moved later.

moriond
    eWalker likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2