Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ceepee
  • 2 Post By ScottS

Thread: Increase to cost of international shipping?

Increase to cost of international shipping?

Not sure where to post this question, please move if it's in the wrong place.

Up until now, for all of my orders via UPS, the shipping has been $45 (I live in the UK). I was putting together an order today and it's quoting $70. I've tried reducing the size of the order and the $70 stays the same so I don't think it's because this one is particularly large.

I was wondering (hoping? ) if there might be a glitch in the calculation since it seems to be quite a large hike in price (which I realise is down to UPS rather than Tom Bihn)?

Regards,
    Caron

Volunteer Moderator
    @ceepee You'll have to get an answer from the Tom Bihn staff, but a quick Google Search showed that the UPS site apparently increased their rates effective December 30, 2013. They were talking about increases averaging 4.9%, but the amounts you are getting for shipping estimates are clearly a lot more than that.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Not sure where to post this question, please move if it's in the wrong place.

Up until now, for all of my orders via UPS, the shipping has been $45 (I live in the UK). I was putting together an order today and it's quoting $70. I've tried reducing the size of the order and the $70 stays the same so I don't think it's because this one is particularly large.

I was wondering (hoping? ) if there might be a glitch in the calculation since it seems to be quite a large hike in price (which I realise is down to UPS rather than Tom Bihn)?

Regards,
    Caron
    Ceepee,

Hmm, that's strange! Our shipping rates to the UK are still $45. Could you confirm the selected country in your dropdown menu is the UK? If yeah, and you still continue to receive the $70 quote in your shopping cart you are welcome to put a comment in the comment box stating "please adjust shipping rate to $45" and we will make the changes to your order and email you an updated sales receipt. Apologies for the workaround but I hope this helps solve the problem. Thank you.
    Last edited by ScottS; 03-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    Ceepee,

Hmm, that's strange! Our shipping rates to the UK are still $45. Could you confirm the selected country in your dropdown menu is the UK? If yeah, and you still continue to receive the $70 quote in your shopping cart you are welcome to put a comment in the comment box stating "please adjust shipping rate to $45" and we will make the changes to your order and email you an updated sales receipt. Apologies for the workaround but I hope this helps solve the problem. Thank you.
    Thanks, I have now placed my order. I checked my address and everything appeared to be OK but, alarmingly, the shipping quote this morning had risen to $100!

Perhaps your checkout process has been hacked by the IT division of Bihnaholics Anonymous in an attempt to make us reconsider our acquisitions
    ncb4 likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Thanks, I have now placed my order. I checked my address and everything appeared to be OK but, alarmingly, the shipping quote this morning had risen to $100!

Perhaps your checkout process has been hacked by the IT division of Bihnaholics Anonymous in an attempt to make us reconsider our acquisitions
    You are absolutely right. It seems as though we had a small glitch that was causing the shipping rate to increase as parts were added to the order. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we have someone working on it right now! We have received your order and will get everything shipped out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks again.
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Looks like I got caught by the same error. Quoted $60 shipping by UPS for a small (4 item) $95 order. So I used the USPS option instead. Bad move, still waiting for delivery ... :-(

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0