Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Perfect Packing Cube for S19

Thumbs up Perfect Packing Cube for S19

A while back in one of the threads someone noted that an Aeronaut End Packing Cube fit nicely in the Synapse 19. I didn't rush and order one because I thought I was doing fine with a combination of WF med cube and a stuff sack. I purchased one of the cubes while at the Seattle Store (very dangerous place for an addict to visit...) and just used it to pack for a weekend jaunt to a colder climate. OMG! What a difference...I was able to easily pack 2 shirts, sleep wear, 2 pr socks, and undies in the very bottom of the main pocket of my Synapse without it invading the territory of the lower external pocket. The amazing part is that these are heavier weight clothes that I would not usually choose for travel because they don't compress well.

A thousand thanks to whomever posted this idea previously---if you have a S19, I strongly encourage you to give it a try!
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    A while back in one of the threads someone noted that an Aeronaut End Packing Cube fit nicely in the Synapse 19. I didn't rush and order one because I thought I was doing fine with a combination of WF med cube and a stuff sack. I purchased one of the cubes while at the Seattle Store (very dangerous place for an addict to visit...) and just used it to pack for a weekend jaunt to a colder climate. OMG! What a difference...I was able to easily pack 2 shirts, sleep wear, 2 pr socks, and undies in the very bottom of the main pocket of my Synapse without it invading the territory of the lower external pocket. The amazing part is that these are heavier weight clothes that I would not usually choose for travel because they don't compress well.

A thousand thanks to whomever posted this idea previously---if you have a S19, I strongly encourage you to give it a try!
    I think that daisy (among others) suggested the Aeronaut end packing cube for the Synapse 19. You can see other suggestions listed in the What are the best organization accessories for a Synapse 19? thread (including links to other posts and threads that give pictures). There was a similar suggestion of the Aeronaut end cubes by terayon in the Accessories for Synapse 19/Aeronaut thread. I'm sure there are other recent examples of similar suggestions around in the forums.

I'm assuming the Aeronaut End Packing Cube will also fit nicely into the Synapse 25 bottom pocket with room to spare?
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Thanks for those links, moriond - I was hunting for some today.

The just-arrived-yesterday PCSB works well in the bottom of my new steel Dyneema S19. (Folks have already noted this, but it was a new insight for me.) It holds a bulky ponte jacket and Fluxus scarf.

Also learned that the Double Carabiner works well to secure 3-4 zippers on the left side of the bag.

Is the Aeronaut end packing cube a MUCH better fit than the packing cube shoulder bag?
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I'm assuming the Aeronaut End Packing Cube will also fit nicely into the Synapse 25 bottom pocket with room to spare?
    Yes, that's right. I think the Tri-Star medium packing cube fills up the interior of the S25 a bit more without making the bag difficult to zip up. I don't have any small or medium TS cubes to test this, though. In addition to the Aeronaut end pocket, I have used Western Flyer small cubes in both Synapses with great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Is the Aeronaut end packing cube a MUCH better fit than the packing cube shoulder bag?
    Left to right are the Aeronaut end pocket cube (the EPC), the small Aeronaut packing cube (SAPC) and the PCSB. We all need more acronyms, right?

The PCSB fits snugly across the bottom of the S19...

... but I usually put it in end first (I can grab the tab to yank it out). Usually I would have my SE in the open space beside the PCSB, a small OP clipped to the o-ring above the SE and a small yarn stuff sack clipped above the PCSB.

Here is the EPC, which will only fit vertically...

... and the SAPC, also only vertically.

Personally I like the PCSB best, as it leaves the most space above it and also for the horizontal option.

Thanks moriond for the links.

Bchaplin--I am able to stuff the end packing cube horizontally along the bottom of the main compartment. It seems to follow the contour of the bag leaving more room free in the top part of the main compartment and it forms a stable "base" for the S19. For what I have packed for this trip, I like it better than the PCSB, although I am bringing my iPad packed in its cache inside a PCSB in the pocket in the main part of the S19. That way I will have access to the shoulder bag if I decide I want to use it.
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

I too was able to fit the end packing cube horizontally into my S19. I stuffed it full of clothes end to end. I should note my S19 is Black Dyneema, which might have more give than Cordura. That said, a PCSB will probably find its way home with me on my next trip to the store. I've been wanting, I mean needing, one for a while now.

@Grandcache and @readmore, are you using the fabric or the mesh/fabric versions of the end packing cube? Just wondering if it makes a difference in getting it to fit horizontally. (I also have the dyneema S19.)

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is a wonder as a zippered pocket inside another bag, I usually use it as end pocket in the Aeronaut or somewhere in the Tristar or one of the Brain compartments for night garments so it could be put aside until that time.

It works very nicely as zippered pocket inside the Swift and thanks to that post, I now know that it fits inside my Synapse 19.

Husband unit has snatched our Steel one as a workout oversided Side Effect, which fits a Dumbdroid tablet.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-28-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Bchaplin--I have the mesh/fabric version of the end packing cube. Thanks for pointing that out because you are correct...it probably does make a difference.

Also, my S19 is the original cordura version.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    @Grandcache and @readmore, are you using the fabric or the mesh/fabric versions of the end packing cube? Just wondering if it makes a difference in getting it to fit horizontally. (I also have the dyneema S19.)
    I tried with both, and they both work fine! I stuffed them both pretty full, but they were full of clothes, which sort of squished nicely into shape. I also tried to stack them on top of each other, which did not work as well. As you know, the Synapse narrows as it goes up, so the fit is much less good. I think an End Packing Cube on bottom and a PCSB cube on top would be a nice combo - wish I had a PCSB so I could test out my theory!

Before I purchased my WF, I used my Synapse 19 for 3-4 day trips. I mainly used a medium Tristar packing cube. Then smaller stuff sacks on top. I also purchased an End packing cube and PCSB but did not use them in the Syanpse 19. However, I use them in my western flyer. For the sake of testing I can take a picture of the scenario discussed above.

Sue
    Synapse 19, Travel Tray, PCSB, Western Flyer, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

Thanks! It's good to know this cube works in the Western Flyer too. I like buying things that have more than one use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0