Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Regarding "Backorders"

Regarding "Backorders"

The whole Tom Bihn crew is awesome!
    In my opinion you should all take the time you need to make the perfect design & stitch!

Looking at the bright side of Backorders, since I consider you guys as my personal bag makers,
    As an artist and designer think about how much time it would take if I had to have each and every bag designed and made myself!

Big applause to the whole team!

(Very nice video by the way !)
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 01-17-2014 at 11:50 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    In my opinion you should all take the time you need to make the perfect design & stitch!
    Aw, geez, thanks! I'm going to make sure everyone here gets to see your post. Thanks for understanding (and appreciating) what we do.

(For everyone wondering what we're talking about: go here)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Aw, geez, thanks! I'm going to make sure everyone here gets to see your post. Thanks for understanding (and appreciating) what we do.

(For everyone wondering what we're talking about: go here)
    Absolutely LOVE that video and everything you do for us I'm proud every day to carry a Tom Bihn bag and always preach the gospel when I'm asked about my bag of choice. Fly the TB flag high!!!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    i couldn't agree more - the Tom Bihn crew is totally awesome! thank you for making the best bags!

we love what you do, we love how you do it, and we wouldn't have it any other way!

I fourth Trailhiker's sentiments!

I would also add that the fun and inspiration that Tom references in the video-- I believe it's woven into each bag. Using my TB products reminds me that we all have "gifts of fun" to share with the world.

Play on!

Is there a Love button anywhere?

I met some of the people on the video, they and everybody gets cuter by the day!

When one goes to the factory/showroom, there is a Zen quality that I have never felt before.
    It is like the spirit of the forest, the mountains and the water around Seattle is always in the air, light streams into the space, the dogs presence is also very calming.

Seeing everyone, the lovely place and the cutest "special guest stars" children. Could you add a shed a tear button as well?

Much Loving Care to the Wonderful Crew!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Echoing Darcy somewhat: thanks for "getting" us. It's always awesome to get affirmation for what we do!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    It is like the spirit of the forest, the mountains and the water around Seattle is always in the air, light streams into the space, the dogs presence is also very calming.
    When we're not at work we try to spend as much time as possible hiking, kayaking and skiing. So, we hope, that we bring some of that energy to the workplace as well! And, yes, having our furry companions around certainly helps keep us centered.
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Everyone should watch this video. Your passion for excellence is evident in your products. I love my TB bags. I have owned so many bags in my 40-something years of life. TB is a fairly recent discovery for me. I am glad I found you, as your bags are the best among the best. Keep up the good work. More companies should strive to be like yours. More companies should allow children and pets on the premises, too.

Here it is again ---> On Backorders - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yohopee View Post
    Everyone should watch this video. Your passion for excellence is evident in your products. I love my TB bags. I have owned so many bags in my 40-something years of life. TB is a fairly recent discovery for me. I am glad I found you, as your bags are the best among the best. Keep up the good work. More companies should strive to be like yours. More companies should allow children and pets on the premises, too.

Here it is again ---> On Backorders - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

Okay, I'd been limiting myself to using the "Like" button to just agree with the sentiments of these earlier posts, but I'll admit that I loved seeing all the different people who work there in this, and other earlier videos and pictures. Loved seeing the dogs and kids. Also love the fact that if I call in an order -- usually to check on color combination availability in pouches -- that the people on staff also respond with their own opinions on colors and features in the Tom Bihn products that they own!
    Last edited by moriond; 01-17-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Here's part of my post from our Ravelry group:

What a great video. I love the dogs and the kids and the part where they put all the crew in. Isn’t this why we love TB? Well, that and the bags, of course!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

This is the most amazing company...ever. Um. DOGGIES! Love love love.

I was on the cusp! After weeks of indecisive waffling, I manned up and surfed in to place an order and....backorder!...the dreaded backorder strikes the Western Flyer in Steel...the PAIN! Looks I'm in for a long winter of Wenger...

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by imperator View Post
    I was on the cusp! After weeks of indecisive waffling, I manned up and surfed in to place an order and....backorder!...the dreaded backorder strikes the Western Flyer in Steel...the PAIN! Looks I'm in for a long winter of Wenger...
    And here I thought you were going to order a Cadet for your Lenovo W530! (By the way, I do think that is the correct bag to use for a laptop of the size and weight of the W530, instead of the lighter weight Pilot, but it's not something that will fit into the Western Flyer). The only comments I can offer are that the steel Ballstic Nylon with Iberian lining really looks sharp - something about the black highlighting on the Steel that makes it very attractive. Also, they frequently actually ship out the back orders earlier than the estimated dates.
    Le_Pied likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    And here I thought you were going to order a Cadet for your Lenovo W530!
    Pursuit of a more multipurpose one-bag was what first directed me to Tom Bihn, most of my waffling had to do with returning to that inspiration. The cadet would be better replacement of my current bag, but I think the Western Flyer would satisfy about 80% of all my travel needs, and the perceived "bulk" I was afraid of for EDC wasn't so problematic after I measured some of my old briefcases. The top-to-bottom measurement of the WF is the same as the bag I use for the W530 now, so I'm willing to try it (it's a much smaller bag, too). The Steel/Iberian had me sold!
    Le_Pied likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0