Bag for TransAtlantic Sailing Race?
I'm planning my trip as a crew member on a 10 man crew for a transatlantic sailing race in November.
I was hoping y'all could give me a little help. I've decided upon a Bihn bag because of the quality and number of reco's from friends.
Here are my requirements:
1. I want to bring my Macbook 13" laptop, so probably the Brain Cell inside a bag.
2. I'll bring maybe 1 pr of jeans, 4 pr shorts and 4 tshirts, boat shoes, underwear and not much more for clothes.
3. I'll bring an ipod and chargers for it and the notebook.
4. Various toiletries.
5. I'd really really like to carry the bag on the plane over to Europe.
6. Moderate water resistance would be lovely.
7. The captain requires that all bags be fully stowable, (that is, no wheels and no hard sides, more like a duffle bag).
So it seems like maybe either the Super Ego or Brain Bag would be best, but I was wondering what the experts here think?
You could fit all this in an Super Ego but it would be packed to the roof.
I cant say the same about the Brain Bag as I dont own one but most likely it would be rather packed also.
Personally I would think the Aeronaut would be your best choice with a couple of small packing cubes for small items. Check it out I think you will like it.
Brain Bag or the Aeronaut, I think are your best bets. I've used them both and they both hold a remarkable amount of stuff. The Aeronaut is easier for stowing because of it's shape. The Brain Bag is a bit more strappy (external straps) which, if it's not allowed to have wheels I'm assuming the less stuff on the external of the bag, the better?
Thank you both for the advice. After some thought, I think I'm going to take your advice and go with the brain cell and the Aeronaut. Sounds like a good combination for all my requirements. I just hope the carry-on rules don't completely change again before my trip...
Tags for this Thread
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO