Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Just ordered a black/steel with full set of packing cubes and absolute strap. I can't wait!

Pretty excited it’s exactly what I had hoped the Pilot would be.

Nordic Dyneema/Solar & an Absolute Strap shipping soon…

JLE
    It's exciting!

Darcy, it would be really interesting if you could share some of the design thinking. The Pilot is only a little larger than the Co-Pilot (13 litres vs 10 litres), and only half the size of the Western Flyer (which is 26 litres). It's more or less the same size as the Cadet (although obviously has a different concept) and not much bigger than the LCB.

Why did you size the Pilot at this point along the spectrum between the Co-Pilot and the WF? Is this the bag that fills the "hole" left by the retirement of the Imago?

Also [murmurs softly] black or navy parapack! black or nary parapack! black or navy parapack.......
    jangle likes this.

Oh my stars, this is the first bag in awhile I have really, really wanted.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

Thanks so much, Darcy! I am expecting my new Steel/UV Co- Pilot to show up on Friday down here in the Sunshine state! But my husband is loving the larger Pilot! What he wants to know is if it will adequately carry his brick HP 15" laptop. It looks like it should. He would want it to carry his laptop, a portfolio, and possibly his iPad. For some reason, he never fell in love with the Cadet, but this one he LIKES!
    Last edited by Mausermama; 01-08-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Quick technical question-- when you pre-order, you won't be charged until the item ships, right?

And can I say this is exactly what I have wanted for travel for a long time. The co-pilot was always too small for me, but this is so what I have wanted!

@ Darcy: can you post some pics of the Dyneema options? I'm in a bind over Black/Wasabi and Nordic/Solar. If it were Nordic/Wasabi, it'd be a no-brainer. Oh the indecision!!

Must. Preorder. Pilot.
    Lani likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    i love the design of the pilot - specially how one of the front pockets will hold an ipad mini! i carry my ipad mini in my co-pilot now, and it fits nicely inside one of the two pockets in the main compartment of the co-pilot.

after a tough time picking a color, i just ordered one in steel/uv.

although, i also would love to see one in navy parapack!

i'm also hoping it arrive before my february trip so that i can take it with me!

awesome job, tom bihn!
    Last edited by maverick; 01-08-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    -m

Darcy,
    What side are the cache with rails system on in the rear compartment: back or front? What side are the interior pockets on in the rear compartment? Same as the Co-Pilot?
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel Aeronaut, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Ordered. Black/Steel for me in case I ever want to use it as a work briefcase. Official use/purchase justification is as a diaper bag for my 2nd baby who is coming in March. For my 1st baby I never really had my own diaper bag; I made do with diapers and wipes in a big ziploc or just tossed stuff into a backpack ad hoc. My wife has a proper one but it is too "purse-like" for me to share (also unnecessarily large/heavy and poorly organized). I was actually planning to order a co-pilot today for this purpose but stumbled into the forums just in time--glad I didn't buy one last week!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Ordered. Black/Steel for me in case I ever want to use it as a work briefcase. Official use/purchase justification is as a diaper bag for my 2nd baby who is coming in March. For my 1st baby I never really had my own diaper bag; I made do with diapers and wipes in a big ziploc or just tossed stuff into a backpack ad hoc. My wife has a proper one but it is too "purse-like" for me to share (also unnecessarily large/heavy and poorly organized). I was actually planning to order a co-pilot today for this purpose but stumbled into the forums just in time--glad I didn't buy one last week!
    congratulations on your soon to be born 2nd baby! i think the pilot will make an awesome diaper bag!
    TavaPeak and Rory like this.
    -m

pilot looks awesome. stuck between steel/UV and nordic/solar. if only nordic/uv!! quick question, though--what are everyone's thoughts on the softer dyneema bags for carrying laptops in a cache--is it enough protection? more likely to tip over in dyneema, i would think. any thoughts on this?

thanks, tom bihn, for a great new design and a fun few days of anticipation!! you make a nice bag!

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    pilot looks awesome. stuck between steel/UV and nordic/solar. if only nordic/uv!! quick question, though--what are everyone's thoughts on the softer dyneema bags for carrying laptops in a cache--is it enough protection? more likely to tip over in dyneema, i would think. any thoughts on this?
    I have been carrying around my 13" cache inside my Dyneema Swift with no worries about protection. The bag does fold over a bit if it's not full, which it doesn't do with the Ballistic fabric (I have 2 versiond of this bag). I also have a Dyneema Synapse 19 which has a more rigid structure. I've never worried about Dyneema. In fact, I'm quite taken with it because it repels pet hair. Also, I put the cache in horizontal, not vertical, when I use it with the Swift. Hope this helps!

Darcy (or anyone else) ..I have been using my Imago as my personal item when I travel domestically and my Western Flyer as my carry on bag. Since it is a retired bag, the Imago specs are no longer available on the website. Being spatially challenged, I am wondering how the size of the new Pilot compares to the Imago...Thanks!

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0