Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

don't those west coast types understand that it IS now midday. update, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    The description also gives a pretty good hint as to the design; there is a main compartment and two front compartments, which together, are about 2.2" short of the width of the bag. Sounds a lot like (as expected) a bigger Co-Pilot! (which is exactly what I'm hoping for.)
    I'm hoping the main compartment is a little deeper than the current co-pilot, but based on the currently-assumed dimensions, I'm going to be disappointed. Although 2.2" is a really skinny water bottle, so either the design not simply scaled up or the palantir isn't giving the whole picture of compartment size.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    don't those west coast types understand that it IS now midday. update, please!!
    let us be thankful that tom bihn is in seattle and not in hawaii, where the time is utc - 8!

Looks like there are around 800-1000 cu. in to the bag, which is a lot larger than the CP.
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

I feel like a cat when he hears the can opener (circling ankles hopefully). Given the posted dimensions for the packing cubes, this is pretty close to what I wanted size-wise. I usually can pack everything I need clothing-wise for a 5-6 day trip in the equivalent of a large and small pilot packing cube.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, my question is whether the larger packing cube would be able to convert to a shoulder bag when the need arises?

In the Pilot:
    Small Packing Cube: Sized to fit the left or the right front comparment of the Pilot. Two Pilot Small Packing Cubes will also nicely fit in the main compartment of the Pilot.
    Large Packing Cube: One fits nicely (and, if packed to the max, almost fills up) the main compartment of the Pilot.

Dimensions of Pilot Packing Cubes
    Size Width Height Thickness Weight
    Pilot Small
    TB0926 10.8" / 275mm 6.3" / 160mm 2.4" / 60mm 2 oz / 65gr
    Pilot Large
    TB0927 14.8" / 375mm 11" / 280mm 2.5" / 65mm 4 oz / 110gr
    jmoz likes this.

Do you think there is a small zippered pocket on the front a la Synapse, or am I imagining the configurations incorrectly?
    Synapse 25 Steel D/Wasabi, Side Effects: Black/Wasabi, Steel D/Wasabi; PCSBs in UV, wasabi, and steel; Large Shop Bags: 2 Nordic, 2 Solar; 2 sm. Shop Bag UV; CoPilot Black D/Wasabi; black D/wasabi Pilot; 3 Travel Trays; 3 Clear 1/4 packing cubes;
    wallets; number padded pouches and clear organizer pouches, key straps, double carabiners galore, and soon to be the mother of an aubergine/UV SE AND an Aeronaut Junior!!!!!!!!! (Darcy says soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Do you think there is a small zippered pocket on the front a la Synapse, or am I imagining the configurations incorrectly?
    I was thinking the same thing..

I assumed that the bag is a horizontal layout about 11 tall and 15 wide with the same layout as the co-pilot. Excited to see!

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    I assumed that the bag is a horizontal layout about 11 tall and 15 wide with the same layout as the co-pilot. Excited to see!

I agree, horizontal layout and I'm really hoping for a back-strap option.
    And regarding the little zippered pocket, think "founders briefcase"

Also, these roll outs are very unfair to the self-employed!
    We have too much opportunity to keep checking the website. :-/

I had always assumed that the CoPilot drew some design inspiration from the Synapse - a compact horizontal version of Synapse 19. My hope is the almost-here Pilot (drum is still rolling!) would do the same. Wouldn't it be neat to have a Pilot with a lower pocket like the Synapse does, to fit a Side Effect? Or perhaps there is not enough room.

It's nearly midday here in Mountain Standard Time. Hope the suspense lasts only a bit longer.

It also sounds like the new Pilot will be a great luggage option for some of the low cost carrier airlines that charge for anything more than a personal bag - it should readily fit under the seat...

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    I had always assumed that the CoPilot drew some design inspiration from the Synapse - a compact horizontal version of Synapse 19. My hope is the almost-here Pilot (drum is still rolling!) would do the same. Wouldn't it be neat to have a Pilot with a lower pocket like the Synapse does, to fit a Side Effect? Or perhaps there is not enough room.

It's nearly midday here in Mountain Standard Time. Hope the suspense lasts only a bit longer.
    A tiny lower pocket above or below the water bottle pocket is possible--assuming there is a water bottle pocket, based on the packing cube dimensions, but a full-width one is not. As mentioned above, the small cube is very close in height to the full cube and 1.1" inches short of 1/2 the full cube's width--meaning 2x small cube next to each other are just a hair shorter and 2.2" less wide than a single full cube. I'm kind of hoping for a full-height water bottle pocket though. The current one is great for small-medium bottles but isn't tall enough for any of the >20 oz bottles that I have.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Update! We're looking at Wednesday mid-morning/afternoon for the debut...
    it's just about 11:00 tom bihn time - we're getting there...

as an aside, how are the website analytics looking, darcy?
    123veo and Tizi like this.
    -m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    it's just about 11:00 tom bihn time - we're getting there...

as an aside, how are the website analytics looking, darcy?
    Does each "refresh" count as a view? ;-)

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0