Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Volunteer Moderator

Size 2 Travel Stuff Sack in Pilot Water Bottle Pocket

Name:  IMG_0607.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  979.0 KB

@jmoz commented that the Size 3 Travel Stuff Sack was too tight a fit in the Water Bottle Pocket of his Pilot. I've found that the Size 2 Travel Stuff Sack is the best fit for this pocket, but it will sit a bit low inside (it's a better fit for the Co-Pllot). While you can also use two small yarn stuff sacks in this pocket, the problem is that with their circular (rather than oval) cross-section and shorter size, you have to be careful not to stuff them full if you want to carry them in the Pilot's water bottle pocket. So the Size 2 Travel Stuff Sack (shown in Solar in the water bottle pocket of the Black 400d Dyneema Pilot) is the best fit I've found for this.

moriond

moriond is my new hero. Thanks again!

Cool

A #3 travel sack with a froggie (warm) head band and 40 gram insulate suede gloves fits into the Pilot water bottle pocket, with some gentle "English", but is much easier in a # 2 travel sack. (it'll also fit a nice silk neck scarf too maybe!). A nice Winter Kit for NM! Nice pic! Love my Nordic/Solar Pilot!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Apologies for the Size 2 vs. Size 3 Travel Stuff Sack issue -- sounds like the consensus is that the Size 2 is a much easier fit. I've updated the Pilot description to reflect this. If anyone ordered a Size 3 because of the description and is finding that size isn't working well for them, emailus@tombihn.com and we'll arrange for an exchange or refund (shipping on us, of course.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Apologies for the Size 2 vs. Size 3 Travel Stuff Sack issue -- sounds like the consensus is that the Size 2 is a much easier fit. I've updated the Pilot description to reflect this. If anyone ordered a Size 3 because of the description and is finding that size isn't working well for them, emailus@tombihn.com and we'll arrange for an exchange or refund (shipping on us, of course.)
    Thanks, but I'm sure I'll use the size 3 for something, and moriond was good enough to destash a #2 since they're on backorder. Thanks for getting this fixed.
    Darcy and backpack like this.

New Pilot discovery,

For those wishing to have the option go into backpack mode with the new Pilot ( fully loaded )
    The Sea to Summit ultra sil daypack holds it in a vertical fashion perfectly, and bunches up to smaller than the size of a single shot expresso cup.

Sometimes if I'm in a sightseeing or in a walking around mode for a whole day it's nice to even out the load.
    Sea to Summit - Outdoor, Travel and Backpacking Gear

I have one of these.

TB needs to make an all-dyneema Synapse 19, including the back and shoulder straps. Or an all-dyneema ruck sack, but put a pocket or pockets outside the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Name:  IMG_0607.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  979.0 KB
    What are the chances we could see this color combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    What are the chances we could see this color combination?
    I think black dyneema/solar might even be a nicer combo than black/wasabi or Nordic/solar. Black and gold - classic combo, yes?
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

Well, not everyone likes solar. So it would be nice if there were still some wasabi options left.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I think black dyneema/solar might even be a nicer combo than black/wasabi or Nordic/solar. Black and gold - classic combo, yes?

Add Black dyneema/iberian to the mix, please.

I must admit. Solar is the ONLY dyneema color I dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    I must admit. Solar is the ONLY dyneema color I dont like.
    Granted not everyone likes Solar. I do - it's my favourite interior colour - but I also like the practicality of it in a dark bag interior. I don't currently own anything in Wasabi, but it fulfils the same practical requirement of being a light coloured lining so one can see the contents more easily.

So I'm not suggesting that Black/Wasabi should be replaced, only that it should be supplemented! And while we're at it, have some bags in black/UV and black/Iberian dyneema too.

I sometimes wonder about batch sizes and production scheduling, given that the number of distinct combinations produced are limited at any one time... in some clothing production lines fabrics are cut by stacking layers n deep and slicing them all in one go - does make me wonder if it would be any more difficult to stack a few layers of solar, a few of wasabi, a few iberian, a few UV, even a few steel in one pile and cut a whole batch of different colours in one go, do something similar with the exterior pieces and then mix and match when making up!
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

I have to stop looking at this thread or my Aeronaut savings fund is not going to survive much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjake View Post
    I have to stop looking at this thread or my Aeronaut savings fund is not going to survive much longer.
    Now that's funny...and SO true bigjake

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0