Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree699Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    And it shipped today, so no expediting needed! Awesome, thanks!
    And after everything, it seems to be delayed because of weather, so I'm not sure if it'll make it in time. Heartbreaking, but even TB can't change the awful east coast weather lately. (I really wish y'all could).

Volunteer Moderator
    And after everything, it seems to be delayed because of weather, so I'm not sure if it'll make it in time. Heartbreaking, but even TB can't change the awful east coast weather lately. (I really wish y'all could).
    So sorry to hear this. Hope it comes through in time.
    jmoz likes this.

Thanks, moriond!

Of course, the bigger problem is that I don't yet have my visa in hand (despite having applied with plenty of time), so it's possible that all the good customer service of TB won't make up for the apallingly-heinous service of the Pakistani consulate, and my trip will be scrapped, anyhow.

Thanks, moriond!

Of course, the bigger problem is that I don't yet have my visa in hand (despite having applied with plenty of time), so it's possible that all the good customer service of TB won't make up for the apallingly-heinous service of the Pakistani consulate, and my trip will be scrapped, anyhow.
    Good luck with the visa. Pakistan has been the most frustrating office I have personally dealt with. Two applications with my Canadian passport were denied and ignored before they finally accepted on the third try only to be foiled by having our trekking permits rejected for no apparent reason. The whole process is an exercise in persistence and patience. Although my climbing partner who is of Indian descent with a Canadian passport had his application approved relatively promptly on the first try. I hope your experience isn't as frustrating as mine was!
    jmoz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    Good luck with the visa. Pakistan has been the most frustrating office I have personally dealt with. Two applications with my Canadian passport were denied and ignored before they finally accepted on the third try only to be foiled by having our trekking permits rejected for no apparent reason. The whole process is an exercise in persistence and patience. Although my climbing partner who is of Indian descent with a Canadian passport had his application approved relatively promptly on the first try. I hope your experience isn't as frustrating as mine was!
    Good to know. This is a "business visa" because it was for a conference. It's supposed to take "up to 14 days", so I thought I'd be fine sending everything in early in January. Unfortunately, when I *finally* got a person on the phone on Monday, they announced (after managing to find my passport and application eventually) that I was missing several "required" documents (which weren't on the list of required documents.) Of course, they never bothered to contact me or anything like that....

After I got them all those documents (which was not super-easy), they said it would ship out Tuesday or Wednesday. It isn't going out today, so unless it goes out tomorrow, my trip will be, sadly, cancelled. (Sorry to vent here, and mods feel free to erase if this is too far off-topic.)

Good luck, jmoz! How frustrating. I hope that you get the visa (and your Pilot) in time. If it is necessary, you can try pleading your case with the airline to move your ticket up a day.

Quote Originally Posted by WMW40 View Post
    Attachment 5488

Pilot in front of Western Flyer.
    WMW40's postings of photos are also excellent. Great size comparison with the Western Flyer, and also great closeups to show the details of the all-dyneema Pilot.
    WMW40 likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

The recent photo-postings in this thread would make great additions to Tom Bihn's Flickr account. Hopefully, a dedicated photo set for the Pilot will be posted soon.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I just got hit with a UPS "delivery exception"... the night before the scheduled arrived of my pilot. Expletive!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I just got hit with a UPS "delivery exception"... the night before the scheduled arrived of my pilot. Expletive!
    Well, my Pilot arrived today, but came with postage due on the Priority USPS mail (apparently, if they ship in boxes larger than a certain size, the postage calculation gets kicked up to some new method based on the box size), I think the result came out to more than it would have been if shipped via UPS. This is likely due to asking them to ship the Nordic/Solar version, too. I did manage to just drive out to claim the package at the Post Office before it closed for the day. Whew!

I should have gotten my package yesterday, but for two days the UPS tracking says "delivery exception: adverse weather may cause delay". All they seem to be able to tell me is that, the last time they saw it, the box was in Shrewsbury, MA. I live near Boston and I don't even know where that is.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Well, my Pilot arrived today, but came with postage due on the Priority USPS mail (apparently, if they ship in boxes larger than a certain size, the postage calculation gets kicked up to some new method based on the box size), I think the result came out to more than it would have been if shipped via UPS. This is likely due to asking them to ship the Nordic/Solar version, too. I did manage to just drive out to claim the package at the Post Office before it closed for the day. Whew!
    I'm looking forward to your review of the Pilot! Too bad you had to pay more for shipping, though.
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I should have gotten my package yesterday, but for two days the UPS tracking says "delivery exception: adverse weather may cause delay". All they seem to be able to tell me is that, the last time they saw it, the box was in Shrewsbury, MA. I live near Boston and I don't even know where that is.
    Yes, UPS seems entirely unable to help. Every other organization has more-or-less recovered from the storms, but UPS has no information on when anything will move. Their customer service has really plummeted recently.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Western Mass. I used to live near there. Not all that far really, but that's UPS for you. I have the same issue -- package is here in FL but not moving, despite the fact that we don't have any adverse weather here. Unless 70s-80s means you can't deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kkintea; 02-07-2014 at 07:50 AM.

I too got the dreaded weather notice (mine was due today). Still hoping I get it. I actually brought all my belongings in a paper sack today so I could transfer it to my new bag and carry it home. Now my paper sack is breaking LOL!
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0