Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

I wrote a note to have the red cords put on by the crew.... Will update on Friday when it arrives. I ordered the Steel Dyneema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kkintea; 02-02-2014 at 07:25 AM.

I have got both red and black in my nordic/solar Pilot...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    I also only got the black cords, but I assumed it was something to do with colour matching because my Pilot is Nordic/Solar? I'd actually quite like red cords on it too! Must admit I hadn't noticed the description on the product page until now, though...
    I was only shipped the black, with blue and white of Nordic, red cords would bring out the patriotic Annie!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    I was only shipped the black, with blue and white of Nordic, red cords would bring out the patriotic Annie!
    Sorry about that -- that's our mistake! Anyone/everyone who received only black cord will be receiving a baggie of red and black in the mail within the next two weeks.
    WMW40 likes this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    And on the subject of cord pulls: here's a tutorial that shows how to add them to the Guide's Pack. Same methodology applies to the Pilot as well...

photocat and WMW40 like this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    And on the subject of cord pulls: here's a tutorial that shows how to add them to the Guide's Pack. Same methodology applies to the Pilot as well...

For those of you who cannot see the link to the video in Darcy's post, try this link instead:
    https://vimeo.com/80286625

I just changed the prefix and suffix arguments from "video" to "URL" so it would show up on iOS devices and phones of people who are not using TapaTalk to read the forums. this will save you from having to go to your computers to play the video.

moriond
    Darcy and flaneuse like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar

Dyneema Pilot Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    Is the Pilot weight listed on the website for the Dyneema or Ballistic version? Most products include both weights, but I can only find one on the Pilot....

thanks.
    Yoda Sloth,

The Dyneema Pilot weighs 1 lbs 1 oz / 475 grams, I went ahead and posted that information to the webpage as well. Thank you!
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA

Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    Thankx Miss Darcy, you are appreciated!

Anticipating delivery of my Pilot tomorrow. I can hardly stand the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by spamjam View Post
    I impulse pre-ordered a Nordic/Solar Pilot as soon as they were available. Expected mid-February. Well, we were in Hawaii from Jan. 16-27. The weekend before we were to come home ( :^( ) I got an email notice that my Pilot was ready for pickup. Yay! Too late for our Hawaii trip, but Yay anyway! Due to bad weather back east the plane coming in to KOA was late, so our KOA>SFO flight was delayed and we missed our SFO>SEA connection the night of the 27th.
    I was on the Big Island from 1/22-31. We might have crossed paths and not even known it. :-)
    spamjam likes this.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

My Nordic Pilot arrived today! I hope to take some photos of it tomorrow as it will be baptized very soon by a flight from the balmy 80's to the negative temperatures and snow of Kansas. I will be packing it up tomorrow and heading out Wednesday morning.
    Darcy and flaneuse like this.

My pilot came!

The Ups man came and I snatched the box from his hands

I love the size. It is perfect. Big enough but not too big.

And I really love the Dyneema fabric. I thought I would share a few photos for size comparison. Both bags are full of stuff while the pilot is empty

Here is a picture of my pilot next to my Swift

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  478.7 KB

And here is a picture of it next to synapse 25

Views: 474
Size:  389.6 KB

I plan to use mine a lot as a day bag when I need my iPad, and conference papers, etc. it's a good size for a carryon if you are going minimal (I would never one bag it with a bag this small, but to me it works as a small suitcase.)

And it matches my synapse 25 so well. I am going to play with it for a few days then I will post a review, but it is exactly what I wanted in terms of size and layout. Yay pilot!

One more photo.

As you can see, my ballistic side effect (fully packed with wallet, epi-pen lipstick, hand sanitizer and lotion, etc.) fits great in one of the side pockets with room to spare and my 19 ounce zojirushi thermos fits great in the water bottle pocket (best thermos ever. It keeps my tea hot for 12 hours. Not warm, hot.)

Views: 552
Size:  455.4 KB

I will post more photos once I really pack it. (Love)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    Yoda Sloth,

The Dyneema Pilot weighs 1 lbs 1 oz / 475 grams, I went ahead and posted that information to the webpage as well. Thank you!
    Thanks Scott! (no wonder if feels so light....)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    One more photo.

As you can see, my ballistic side effect (fully packed with wallet, epi-pen lipstick, hand sanitizer and lotion, etc.) fits great in one of the side pockets with room to spare and my 19 ounce zojirushi thermos fits great in the water bottle pocket (best thermos ever. It keeps my tea hot for 12 hours. Not warm, hot.)

Views: 552
Size:  455.4 KB

I will post more photos once I really pack it. (Love)
    Thanks for posting pictures! My order shipped last Friday, but it's still en route, so it's really great to see photos of these bags. And I see you have a Swift in the now discontinued Cardinal Ballistic Nylon. So, do you think there might be more 400d Dyneema bags in your future? Do you like the texture? Enjoy your bags!

moriond

I got my Black/Iberian Pilot today.

I filled it with:

Big packing cube: Jeans, two t-shirts, one long sleeve shirt
    Cache: 13" Macbook pro Retina
    Center pocket (in place of water bottle): Retina power cord (full length), wool socks
    Small packing cube #1: Two pair Golden Toe socks, two pair boxer briefs
    Small packing cube #2: Toiletry bag, Electronics bag (headphones, 4x1 usb power adapter, two usb cords)

That was enough to fill the Pilot up pretty good. Not a lot of width room left over. There's room at the top of the big pocket for things like cliff bars or candy bars. I would also recommend making sure the rails clips are lying on top, because otherwise they stress the fabric.

I do wish there was a *top* zipper for the open-top luggage sleeve. I like storing my boarding passes back there and am paranoid they'll fall. I also wish there was at least one front zipper for a flat pocket, in front of the small packing cube compartment(s).

But this doesn't stop here. I then put the stuffed Pilot in my Tri-Star.

It's definitely wider than the middle compartment, but there's enough give in the Tri-star that it's still workable. There's enough room on the side of the center compartment to store something like a side effect. I used the space to stuff a pair of boxer briefs and a long-sleeve shirt. Then there's enough space on the top of that center compartment for something like a rain shell.

In the Tri-star back compartment, I put a normal amount of clothes (6-7 shirts, mostly long-sleeve) in the backpack packing cube. It was a struggle to zip shut the back compartment but it worked.

In the Tri-star front compartment, I used my small and medium packing cubes. In the medium I put 4 boxer-briefs and two t-shirts. In the small I put a fairly stuffed larger toiletry bag (at this point I was just looking for random things to stuff in the bag). This compartment was difficult to zip shut.

In the outer pockets I put a trade paperback (high pocket), a dvd in plastic case (medium pocket), a cliff bar (low pocket), and a rolled up t-shirt (curvy pocket).

Everything zipped shut. The bag was very wide and my finger hurt from the zipping, but it all fit. I was able to pull the Pilot out of the center compartment, making the Tri-star look more normal (non-empty but not stuffed), but I'm not sure I would have been able to put the Pilot back in it again. On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever be traveling with as much stuff as I put in both bags.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0