Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree702Likes

Thread: The New Pilot Available for Pre-order in January 2014!

Oh I hope so!

Stalking the Blog too

I have a feeling lots of "Tom Bihnites" won't get much sleep over the next few days waiting impatiently for news of the new bag.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

[QUOTE=BarryLee;56280]Ok, admittedly a little excited, so does that make me a bag nerd?

BarryLee,

I prefer to think of it as being a sophisticated bag connoisseur.

As to your question, they don't charge your card until the bag ships. It has always appeared they ship as soon as possible and don't wait for a specific day.
    Moose
    snowbot likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I'm having fun reading everyone's speculations. I think the fact that the pilot will have its own packing cubes is significant - I had originally envisioned it as a cross size-wise between the co-pilot and WF. I am really hoping there is some Aeronaut DNA in the mix with a large main compartment - a bag that is a cross between a duffel, a meesenger bag, and a briefcase (is there such a thing? I think TB could come up with one).

I am sure Darcy and crew will have fun reading our speculations!

Detachable side pockets,
    Detachable side pockets,
    Detachable side pockets,
    Detachable side pockets,
    Detachable side pockets,
    Detachable side pockets,

Sounds perfect Vecturist !

SO excited!

My dilemma is this... I have been waiting so long for this bag that of course I want to order one the moment it comes out. But I'm pretty sure that my dream color combo of Black/UV will not be one of the choices. I might just have to order and then re-gift to someone special if Black/UV does become available down the line. I've got a conference to go to in Feb... it would be awesome to be carrying the Pilot!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    SO excited!

My dilemma is this... I have been waiting so long for this bag that of course I want to order one the moment it comes out. But I'm pretty sure that my dream color combo of Black/UV will not be one of the choices. I might just have to order and then re-gift to someone special if Black/UV does become available down the line. I've got a conference to go to in Feb... it would be awesome to be carrying the Pilot!

My dilemma is similar. After wanting a Smart Alec forever, I finally ordered one yesterday! Really the only thing that kept me from ordering is color. I would've bought it ages ago if it were available with a UV interior. But I recently got a pocket pouch in ballistic navy/Iberian, and that's a color combo I can love, so I ordered a Smart Alec in that combination.

So my dilemma is, will the Pilot make me want it more than a Smart Alec?

It would be helpful to know the capacity in cu. ins. For purchase planning. Darcy suggested there would be pix soon. I wonder about her definition of "soon". Mine is "yesterday, right now, in 5 min."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Wow! What a great start to 2014 -- a shot of TB anticipation! Having tried the Co-Pilot and found it a bit small for my needs, "soon" just cannot be soon enough. Thanks for sending out the alert, monkeylady.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Packing Cubes? Interesting.

I suppose we all have an idea what the Pilot should be I had hoped for a EDC bag identical to the Co-Pilot, but just slightly larger. However, if it has packing cubes this leads me to believe it might be a good bit larger more similar to a weekend bag. Anyway, still looking forward to what the innovative folks at TB have come up with.
    Last edited by BarryLee; 01-01-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Maybe it's more duffle-like, sort of like the Skookum bags. But in the infamous travel fabrics....Many of us thought the new medium bag offered at Skookum was the answer to our Aeronaut Jr. requests, but TB staff said NO, something was in works.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I don't think it would be wise to mess with the Co-Pilot really stylish lines.

In a previous post I opined that giving slightly larger dimensions to the existing design to enable the use of letter or even legal size folder would be ideal.

The Pilot would be what the Synapse 25 is to the Synapse 19.

A great bag which is perfect for meetings and conferences where professional attire is a must.

The dimensions are really important because the Synapse 19 (which fits a Large Pouch but not a letter size solid plastic ring binder), the Co-Pilot (which fits letter size file folders) and the Cadet are acceptable personal items when used with the Brain Bag, TriStar or Western Flyer.

It is also the case of the Synapse 25 as ScottE22 showed in that post BFFs: Synapse 25 & Western Flyer

I need either a Tristar or an Aeronaut for outfits where with a Cadet inside, if an ultra minimalist briefcase, holding a laptop or tablet, a couple of folders and my essential Field Journal Notebook was sufficient.
    In the days of file sharing and e-documents it should be possible, but, in some fields, the paperless era, has yet to become a reality.

While it was no big deal having the corner of a binder peak out from the Synapse 19 after a casual meeting in fair weather.
    The same problem would have been negative visual impart at the end of a meeting when mingling with important players is essential and would ruin the paperwork if the weather decided to turn foul.

I thought about using a Tristar or an Aeronaute with a Western Flyer as a briefcase, but, I think the Western Flyer wouldn't qualify as a personal item.

The Pilot might get its own Freudian Slip which means the Synapse 25 and even the 19 might get one.

I do know something about the new "Pilot" that I will share......it is made out of some type of material.

I hope some of you can now sleep a little better.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0